fiduciary

Author Topic: Graflex: The Real Lightsaber  (Read 131520 times)

Offline s28400

• Padawan Learner
Re: Graflex: The Real Lightsaber
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2009, 04:19:36 PM »
Learn something new every day.  ;D

Offline BrakVador

• No Force
  • MAY THE FORCE BE WITH ME
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2011, 02:13:20 PM »
hi everyone,
is there someone who can help me ?
i have a true graflex and my glass eye is not knurl around , it' slick (i hope you will understand, excuse my english, i'm french).
So is there someone who knows how to remove it.
My sabers:
VADER ANH HASBRO 2007 (ULTRASABER CONVERSION)
MACE WINDU MR 2005
VADER ESB MR ( IN CONVERSION BY MYSELF)
1ST CUSTOM SABER

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2011, 04:33:37 AM »
Never saw a smooth edge glass eye.  If you want to go accurate you'll want to replace it anyway. I'd start by carefully attempting to remove it with pliers. If you want to salvage it put something on the eye to protect it. Was there a lot of rust on it when you got it?  Might be hard to get off.  Just remember to take care with the tube. You dont want to scratch it all up.

Offline BrakVador

• No Force
  • MAY THE FORCE BE WITH ME
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2011, 06:20:07 AM »
What is this graflex i've received ?
if nobody have ever seen a glass eye with a smooth edge, it seems not new so i think it's not a replica and i've the big reflector with it.
there is not a lot of rust on it .
You want me to post a picture?
Is there anyone who has a tuto to dismantle the graflex?
Thanks by advance.
My sabers:
VADER ANH HASBRO 2007 (ULTRASABER CONVERSION)
MACE WINDU MR 2005
VADER ESB MR ( IN CONVERSION BY MYSELF)
1ST CUSTOM SABER

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2011, 07:58:43 AM »
Pictures are ALWAYS good.  ;)

Help you disassemble it we will.  I'd like to see some pics first but for starters you could work on the clamp.  Undo the lever on the side.  Both halves can be removed from the clamp.  The clamp has little tabs that fit into slots on the flash tube.  It's a bit to master at first no understanding how it goes.  You need to hold the clamp body with one and and either the top or bottom of the flash tube with the other.  You have to push it in and twist it until you hit the stop.  Once you hit the stop you can then pull them apart.

NEVER EVER force anything.  Unless you're using THE FORCE.  :D

Next remove the easy stuff like the red button glass eye and screws.

Offline cfman2

• No Force
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2011, 07:52:10 PM »
Hey Yoda can i buy one of ur graflex V's with cf

Offline Michael_Acurantes

• No Force
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2011, 06:56:32 PM »
just for curiosity can do sabers made by yoda durable enough to be dueled?

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2011, 07:13:19 PM »
Yoda has told me, light spirited sword play.  He wants them to be used.  As his sabers continue to go up in quality, fragility and cost the need to properly care for them goes up too.  The newer crystal chambers have a quartz crystal that is suspended by fiber optics threaded through thin brass pipe.  It is possible to jar the saber enough to loosen or dislodge the crystal.

I have the latest version and have lightly dueled with my son and other kids.  I would never go all out with it though.

So the answer is yes and no.  ;D

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2011, 02:38:12 PM »
while you probly can duel with it the risk is far to high in damaging it
i mean anything could happen from dropping it to like LS said loosening the crystals etc

i have had 3 of yodas graflexes an us 2.0 version 2.5 and currently a cf4.2 and it wouldnt even cross my mine to even think of duelling with them
its far too expensive to damage
the best use mine gets is light swinging and grining at that chassis  :D

seriously tho these ones built by yoda are probly more for the "collector" not dueller

my advise,, get a cheaply built mhs based saber strictly for dueling and keep the graflex in a safe lol

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline Ursus Siara

• No Force
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2011, 05:28:48 AM »
Hello to all.
I am new to the site, but right off the bat I want to say thank you for all of the great information. By way of introduction, my name is Hal, but I go by Ursus. I recently got the chance to buy a couple of reasonably priced second hand light sabers. I stumbled upon the forum while trying to identify them via google. (and I liked it so much, I decided to join!) Both had pretty scuffed up blades.  My idea ay the time was to keep the better of two and sell the other off to pay for parts. The first was a hasbro Vader FX, easy enough. But the second one wasn't matching up with anything, It was a 2007 MR. Originally I thought it was an Anikan, but there was something not quite right about the handle. Well after combing the archives, I appear to have a Graflex conversion (unless MR made one their last year). Well at least it looks like a Graflex. The only difference I see after reading up on the conversion process is as follows. The insides seem to be unaffected. For instance, the on/off switch is still on the handle instead of being altered to use a button. There is no calculator lense on the switch cover either, just smooth metal. And while the D-ring looks properly proportioned and is made of aluminum, the battery cover has inside threads ( that is it threads into, instead of onto, the hilt. And the cover is ventilated and labeled Master Replicas 2007. There are 7 "grips" on the handle, but they feel "short" ( they are actually a 1/4" shorter than those on the Hasbro Vader. And last but not least, the guts appear to be stock Master Replica. It has the standard battery holder, etc.

So now  am back to wondering exactly what I have. Any Ideas?

I would appreciate any additional information.

Thank You.
Sincerely,
Ursus

p.s. I can post pictures if my descriptions don't cut it.

P.P.S. Those new sabers that Yoda is making KICK A**! I know what I want for Christmas.

Offline Lord Xeno

• Master Force User
  • Sith...they mostly come out at night. Mostly.
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2011, 10:42:45 AM »
Hmmm...this is almost like charades...name that hilt.  If you can post pics it could be easily identified.  If it's converted, does the blade detach?  If it has 2007 on the pommel it is most likely a Luke ANH, esp since you said it has the d-ring.  You might also try looking through these boards to determine it for yourself:

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?board=81.0

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?board=25.0

Good luck and welcome to FX-Sabers!

[Mods might want to move this over to the appropriate Hasbro/MR forum.... ;D]
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 10:45:08 AM by toddshogun »

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2011, 12:07:53 PM »
the battery cover has inside threads ( that is it threads into, instead of onto, the hilt. And the cover is ventilated and labeled Master Replicas 2007.
So now  am back to wondering exactly what I have. Any Ideas?

I would appreciate any additional information.

Thank You.
Sincerely,
Ursus

p.s. I can post pictures if my descriptions don't cut it.

P.P.S. Those new sabers that Yoda is making are KICKing! I know what I want for Christmas.

A picture says a thousand words. the fact that your pommel or "battery cover" threads into the hilt and is stamped master replicas tells me it is a master replicas.  If it was a real graflex or a good replica it would state graflex fohlmer New York etc etc on the pommel end where yours states MR 2007.  A true graflex comes apart in the middle by releasing the lever on the clamp.  A real graflex also has tape on the clamp which covers the word graflex.

Offline Ursus Siara

• No Force
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2011, 03:56:16 PM »
Luke and Todd,
Thanks for getting back to me. I haven't had the chance to take it apart yet (No room on the bench!). I will post some pictures after I break it down. And thank you for the links. I looked through a couple dozen before posting, but I may have missed those. Not hard to do when there are this many. Good Stuff!
Thanks,
Ursus.

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2011, 04:17:52 PM »
Does your saber look like this:

If yes,  then you have a 2007 Master Replicas Luke Skywalker A New Hope FX lightsaber,  not a real Graflex.

A real/replica Graflex looks like this:

As Luke stated above,  a real Graflex can be separated into two pieces by loosening the clamp,  and most people that build them as lightsabers nowadays do something like add a crystal chamber and inner workings to them kind of like this:

The Master replicas version cannot separate in the center,  as the hilt is a one-piece tube.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 04:23:18 PM by QUI-GON JINN »

Offline DarkRob

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2014, 09:31:23 PM »
Hello all, I have a question about the graflex and Im hoping someone can help me out. Years ago I purchased one of these graflex sabers on ebay. Im thinking it must have been someone from this site I bought it from because the ebay members name was FX-Sabers, so here I am hoping to find the person who originally made this thing.
Im trying to find out what kind of batteries it uses. I haven't fired it up in years and have long since lost the batteries(ironically I still have the charger though) Recently Ive gotten the urge to fire it back up and so I wanted to get some new batteries for it. I remember they were called ultrafires li-ion and they were blue and they were AA size, but that's all I remember. I don't know what the voltages or mah or any of that stuff is, but I don't want to buy the wrong battery and fry my saber.
I don't have a camera to post pics of the saber. I remember it uses an ultrasound 2.5 sound board and it has a blue crystal in it you can see when you remove the bottom portion. It was a combo saber to in that it came with the bottom portions for both the ep4 and ep5 versions as well as a front glass eye and red button. It was around I guess 4 or 5 years ago that I got it.

Does anyone know what kind of batteries it uses? Are they still made? If not is there another battery that will work in it?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 09:42:56 PM by DarkRob »

retrousse