fiduciary

Author Topic: Introducing myself - First ever build getting started  (Read 276 times)

Offline timyarb

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Introducing myself - First ever build getting started
« on: June 08, 2021, 08:23:04 AM »
Hello all.  I just started down the path of building my own saber. I decided to go the inexpensive route and build the hilt from PVC pipe with additional 3D printed parts attached to it. I didnt really want a replica and wanted to build something that was uniquely mine.

Now of course instead of doing the smart thing and purchasing a board and some other parts I decided to take the painful route of going with an Arduino Nano and building everything myself from scratch. So I am sure all you experts will be hearing from me lots over the next few weeks. Like I said I plan to use an Arduino Nano and build it off of the FX-SaberOS, MPU6050, DF-Player, and DIY 144LED neopixel blades. I just really like the idea of a complete home built piece of kit. Any advice anyone wants to offer is very welcome.

I plan to scour these forums before really digging in so as not to be a burden to any of you ... but I do look forward to becoming a part of this community.

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
  • Very, Very English Poster
Re: Introducing myself - First ever build getting started
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 09:27:05 AM »
Hello there! Welcome to your new unexplained spending problem!  :wink:

Always nice to see someone try their hand at the full scratch build, including the controller. If you need a hand with FX-SaberOS, there's a couple of us who are well versed in it who can help you out. I'm sure they'll pop in and say hi.
Better late than never.

Offline timyarb

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 11:20:56 AM »
Thanks for the offer for help. I am very sure that I will hit you up on that. Funny thing is that as I have been perusing the forums I have run across several of your posts already and you have literally asked all of the same questions I have right now. So you have already helped me more than you even realize. Everything I am reading here so far has really solidified my decision to start looking here, this is a great community.

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 02:34:31 PM »
Welcome aboard!

I think FX-SaberOS is a great way to get started, especially if you are interested in learning about programming microprocessors.  It was designed to be a low cost, highly customizable system.

retrousse