fiduciary

Author Topic: WTB: Spare Rivet Blanks for AOTC Obi Wan.  (Read 672 times)

Offline thegreatgalling

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
WTB: Spare Rivet Blanks for AOTC Obi Wan.
« on: February 06, 2020, 04:21:12 PM »
Hoping someone has a spare set of Rivet Blanks that used to come on the V1 TPM Larbels or  Korbanth’s kit that had parts for TPM and AOTC.

I am specifically looking for the chromed ones not the ones with the LEDs. Hoping someone has some in a drawer, willing to pay.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 02:10:45 PM by thegreatgalling »

Offline thegreatgalling

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: WTB: Spare Rivet Blanks for AOTC Obi Wan.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 04:44:53 PM »
Removed.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 02:11:14 PM by thegreatgalling »

Offline SilantStrike

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 04:55:26 AM »
i've installed a number of parks owk kit, and I have never seen the metal caps that you refer to ?

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 11:35:57 AM »
@thegreatgalling - are you referring to one of these? 

It's a 10-32 x 3/8", with 1/4" threaded and 1/8" unthreaded at the neck.  They were standard on the OWK1 prior to circa 2013/2014'ish.  I'm pretty sure they were a custom jobbie for that model, not entirely sure, but they're not on McMaster or anyplace like that.

Fortunately, you can make them fairly simply: get a few 10-32 x 3/8" Button Head screws, fill the heads with solder and chuck em in a drill and spin-file it to shape.  You may have to take a few thousandths of an inch off the threaded end, since they're a fraction longer than the custom screws and protruded in the blade well a miniscule bit.  Otherwise, bam, custom screws. :afro:

Offline thegreatgalling

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2020, 03:21:50 PM »
@thegreatgalling - are you referring to one of these? 

It's a 10-32 x 3/8", with 1/4" threaded and 1/8" unthreaded at the neck.  They were standard on the OWK1 prior to circa 2013/2014'ish.  I'm pretty sure they were a custom jobbie for that model, not entirely sure, but they're not on McMaster or anyplace like that.

Fortunately, you can make them fairly simply: get a few 10-32 x 3/8" Button Head screws, fill the heads with solder and chuck em in a drill and spin-file it to shape.  You may have to take a few thousandths of an inch off the threaded end, since they're a fraction longer than the custom screws and protruded in the blade well a miniscule bit.  Otherwise, bam, custom screws. :afro:

Oh my goodness, thank you. This is incredible helpful!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 03:24:56 PM by thegreatgalling »

Offline thegreatgalling

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2020, 03:23:19 PM »
i've installed a number of parks owk kit, and I have never seen the metal caps that you refer to ?

See above, those are the caps I meant. For the AOTC Obi, apparently the caps were solid chrome where the TPM had shaved LEDs.

retrousse