fiduciary

Author Topic: Need help finding an old font  (Read 654 times)

Offline zakular

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Need help finding an old font
« on: January 22, 2020, 01:30:21 PM »
  Hi guys,

There was a soundfont I came across a few years ago when I first started considering a custom saber project. Unfortunately I never purchased this soundfont and it is no longer listed on saberfonts site. I contacted saberfonts and from my description they believe it to be a font by Shameems Custom Sabers who from what I have found is no longer in the saber business.

I'm wondering if anyone happens to have any of his fonts or if anyone specifically has/can recall what the sounds font I'm looking for is. The background sound to the font is an ominous hum (like what you hear in one of the kotor trailers inside the sith temple) with swing sounds that are like a wraith screech. I think the name was Necro but can't say that I 100% recall.

In any case, thank you anyone who can help me track down this font! I desperately want to find it for a forever work in progress saber I was to build.

PS. Ideally I will also need to find someone to update the font to operate with smooth swing if anyone knows of/has recommendations of who I could commission a job like that to?

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Re: Need help finding an old font
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 10:33:55 PM »
I don't know shammeem fonts in detail and necro rather take me back to the Novastar font "necrovolt"
that's what saberfont has with that search

http://www.saberfont.com/search.asp?keyword=necro&search=

(I can't remember if shammeem was even selling his stuff over saberfont)

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
  • Impressive..... most Impressive!
Re: Need help finding an old font
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 11:41:42 PM »
Yes he did have them on saberfont Erv, he removed after notifying he's leaving the saber game.
Why he removed them makes no sense as it's an easy income.
I don't know, i gotta bad feeling about this!

retrousse