fiduciary

Author Topic: Clone Wars Cancelled???  (Read 17660 times)

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
Re: Clone Wars Cancelled???
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2013, 09:11:18 PM »
+1 for Walking Dead too [for adults not kids lol].

Do we really know that what has been filmed for Season 6 etc of TCW would ask new questions and not simply resolve old ones? Certainly it is possible that they might have in their original intended episodic form...but one thing I learned in film school is how clever editing can sometimes completely change the meaning of a work. Reediting episodic into feature structure could certainly do so. Perhaps whatever is eventually released of what would have been Season 6 of TCW will simply edit out any new questions and leave in only parts that resolve things.

I guess we'll find out in due time eh? I still think this is a lot better than many other ways TCW could have ended...and the existence of unseen material can mean the series ends cleanly but the larger metastory of the Clone Wars can still be addressed outside of series form as 'movies' or 'specials'. Maybe they have enough material to do an 'animated TV movie Clone Wars Trilogy' that brings us up to ROTS. That could be a valid approach while letting TCW end as a series now. Again, no shame in that sort of ending...but don't get me wrong I'm going to miss seeing TCW on Friday nights, and miss it a lot. Hopefully whatever new animated SW series is planned will come sooner than later and maintain the same high quality we've seen in the 5th season episodes of TCW eh? And hopefully Disney will have the good sense to keep Filoni and as much of the TCW production team as possible on board for it. Since that is more likely if they don't totally butcher whatever was planned for Season 6 etc I think Disney will try to be respectful in how they treat that material rather than just throwing it all against the wall for a cheap cash-in on CW fans then 'Claremonting' it [leaving it dangling unresolved subplots all over the place ;) lol] which would alienate TCW team as well as fans.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 09:48:21 PM by Onli-Won Kanomi »
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline hedgehog1

• Simply Red, standing by
  • Force User
  • Never going to grow up.
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2013, 09:30:31 PM »
For me, The Clones Wars was the only source of new star wars films in the last few years.  Don'y get me wrong: the star wars books are normally very good sci-fi in there own right, but seeing and hearing a star wars story has a special appeal. Just listening to the droid talk is a hoot.

I was really amazed at just how good the series is/was.  If it were shutting down and no new star wars films were being made, well, I dread that thought.

But after spending 4 billion dollars to to get the rights, Disney is going all out.  TV, movies and  (I expect) more animated star wars series.  I know some are concerned that Disney will ruin the franchise; but they have been good stewards of there other purchased properties. Disney was also a logical choice: Star Wars already appears in their theme parks and special activities. They have been good hosts and stewards in this way already.

For me - the perfect storm of Star Wars and Disney would be:  In addition to new movies and TV, a new Star Wars theme park in Florida.  But I will not get my hopes up (too much)...

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2013, 11:04:01 AM »
I think they'll make a real ending and not just an 'edited' one, from completed footage..

"While the studio is no longer producing new episodes for Cartoon Network, we're continuing production...." ;)

unlike other shows which get cancelled, never to return.. the CW has a unique opportunity to wrap things up on their own terms. 
the on-air broadcasts are the only thing that will end.  and the on-air broadcasts were really a small part of the overall distribution scheme anyway,
most of the episodes I watched over the years came from blu-ray and iTunes.

let's face it, traditional "television" is dying in favor of "on demand" programming.  I wouldn't be surprised if "TV" was completely relegated to infomercials in the next 10 years.
there's no reason to watch hollywood productions on TV anymore, really.  not when you can watch them on the internet in HD. "TV" is bit of a dying animal.
the CW can wrap up loose ends just fine without it.   ;)
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2013, 11:41:11 AM »
I guess time will tell.  Interviews out there with the actors and insiders, claim that they are not going to be able to bring the story to the planned conclusion :-\.  Latest info from Disney has confirmed that Dave Filoni is being tapped for a new project (it was already suspected but now confirmed).

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Adegan4Antonio

• Force User
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2013, 08:08:36 AM »
I honestly didn't start watching it until towards the end of the season...I am an old school SW guy, but my nephew got me into watching it on the cartoon Network.  I Actually started to like it, then they take it off the air....really bummed out :(.

The only thing I can think of why they cancelled it is maybe they are preparing for Episode VII maybe?  Thoughts???

Offline Cad Bane

• Padawan Learner
  • "I don't like to hide under a helmet."
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2013, 11:02:10 AM »
I've watched since the beginning and will miss the show. I do hope Disney does some mini-movies for XD or dvd to wrap up the loose ends.

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2013, 11:12:48 AM »
www.savetheclonewars.com for anyone interested :).

Offline Sandpeople are people too

• Once made Darth Vader Chuckle
  • Master Force User
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2013, 01:05:06 PM »
I'd love to see it continue- I've bought all the seasons on blu-ray, and have really liked how it has progressed.  I think it's short-sighted to kill it rather than continue it on disney.  It's not like they are hurting for money that badly.

Offline The Abbot

• Master of the Jar'Kai Style
  • Master Force User
  • Lajedi.com ,Force-Fx.com Founder
    • http://www.Force-Fx.com
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2013, 01:58:26 AM »
I'm really sad to see CloneWars go.
But there is only so many story's you can tell about the same war.
I always hoped they would just continue past the Clone wars and fill in the gaps between EP3-4

If one good thing comes out if it I hope it a DVD of the promised end Eps
LaserBlade:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/laserblade/id608879483?mt=8

The poster formerly known as Kit Fisto. Creator of the Force-FX sig style. Master of the 2 saber staff style way before Pong Krell

Offline DarkJediKnight

• Master Force User
  • InUmbrisPotestasEst--In the shadows there is power
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2013, 08:35:32 AM »
If this is indeed the end for the Clone Wars it was a great series and I'm looking forward to them putting out season 5 on DVD in the fall of this year. I'm bummed to see it go and thought they could have done a little more to get it even closer to episode III but it is what it is. Asajj Ventress is a great character and we never really saw what happened to her either. She was evil but yet..............not that evil(working with Obi Wan or even Ahsoka at some point). I know the expanded universe would go into more detail about characters like her and Darth Maul but it would have been nice to see a little bit more(perhaps 1 more season!). Nonetheless a great series though and can't wait for that season 5 DVD!
MR Darth Vader ESB(stock)
MR Darth Vader ESB(converted PC2)                                  
MR Anakin AOTC "Darkside version"(converted CF5)
Yoda Replica Graflex V(CF4)
MR Anakin AOTC(converted PC3)
Hasbro Anakin ROTS(converted PC2)
Parks Replica Graflex ESB/TFA w/glass eye(CF5)

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2013, 08:31:51 AM »
If you are upset by the decision (like I am), follow hashtag #SaveTheCloneWars and handle @SavetheCloneWars on Twitter.  All the addresses and phone numbers for both Disney and Lucasfilm are being given out and people are writing letters, making phone calls, and tweeting #Disney and #StarWars.  Who knows?  If enough fans let them know our displeasure, maybe they will at least bright the voice actors back to finish the series which had a couple of more seasons leading right up to ROTS.

Offline Gil Gamesh

• Formerly known as Kit Fisto
  • Master Force User
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2013, 06:55:37 PM »
Facebook too has a SavetheCloneWars.  Like it!
Support our Font Makers!

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2013, 05:54:26 PM »
If you are upset by the decision (like I am), follow hashtag #SaveTheCloneWars and handle @SavetheCloneWars on Twitter.  All the addresses and phone numbers for both Disney and Lucasfilm are being given out and people are writing letters, making phone calls, and tweeting #Disney and #StarWars.  Who knows?  If enough fans let them know our displeasure, maybe they will at least bright the voice actors back to finish the series which had a couple of more seasons leading right up to ROTS.

Great idea Luminara...even if Disney doesnt want to pay the animation costs to film more seasons the voice actors could perform any completed scripts as audiobooks which could still give us a nice 'closure' on the unseen episodes leading up to ROTS and wouldnt cost Disney much...they'd probably make a nice profit on it, and there is precedence for 'canon' audioplay in SW with the old OT era radio adaption so making final audio seasons of TCW could work imo.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline oXdanXo

• No Force
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2013, 02:21:10 PM »
It makes me angry when they cancel something like this half way through.
They planned on 100 episodes and when they got near instead of finishing off the story they decided to carry on. George sell to Disney (Can't fault him) and Disney go and bin the series.
When Ahsoka left at the end of 5, I though by mid 6th she would be back because something really bad would have to happen unless she survived the clone wars and I thought that they would end up wrapping it up and then exploring between episode 3 and 4 in the same way. Vader taking on Starkiller and hunting the rest of the Jedi hopefully coming up against Ahsoka, but no Disney took it from me :(

In the UK we don't even get a slipcase with the Blu Ray of season 4, I swear they will just end up putting out a blank disc that's been written on with a permenant marker "Clone Wars Season 6 Disc 1 UK version" in one of those see through plastic pockets, we won't even see a proper case.

Shame really, I doubt we will be able to save it.

Offline Tifosi

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2013, 02:37:08 PM »
IIRC, the new SW movies, 7, 8 and 9 are suppose to have Luke forming a new Jedi Order. If that is the case, perhaps they will bring Asoka Tano back to help and guide him. Think about it this way, she left the order in the end and is no longer a Jedi, which will explain how she was not in Ep. 3 and was not killed during Order 66. With Asoka technically becoming an official Jedi knight in the end of the CW series, it would be fitting, IMHO, instead of Luke depending on a bunch of Jedi ghosts helping Luke, to have an actual Jedi knight to help and guide her own Jedi Master's son, Luke, in re-creating a "better" Jedi order.

retrousse