fiduciary

Author Topic: Overlords going to Ultrasaber HQ for assembly and shipping.  (Read 8326 times)

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
Overlords going to Ultrasaber HQ for assembly and shipping.
« on: November 17, 2009, 08:00:39 PM »
After taking over this project, with all the added stress (financial and emotional) and delays, I tire of it.
It was not supposed to go like this at all.

Clients are frustrated. I am frustrated.

I received the package in August with incomplete parts and order info. (4 months ago!)
Attempts were made to get info and parts several times. with limited results. I took matters into my own hands at one point
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=20249.0
A parts list was sent on 10/13/09, but Alex had a visit from Darth Real Life, and it was delayed.
The reason for this was private, and I accept it.

I called Alex tonight and he has agreed to complete the assembly and ship them out.

DT send me a summary of the order info ASAP.
You and Alex will need to sort this and your differences out. I will no longer play middle man on this issue.
It has cost me enough at this point.

INFO.
If I get the answers to order info. I supplement it with the info I have and create and organize all the hilts in an excel doc.
Just like I did the Banes.

On Monday 11/23/09, All of it will be on it's way to Ultrasabers HQ. I will organize it as best that I can.

This was not an easy decision. There have several conversations with Yoda, Alex and my GF. She is my best adviser.
I still feel like I will be letting down the members waiting for their sabers, but it's mid November and I want to reopen my shop to make some $$ for Christmas. I can't do it with this hanging over my head.

I am sorry it has come to this. Please accept my apologies.

The LIST

1. Serafel: Lux V Consular green  Aluminum covertec knob    US 2.1 install              confirmed
2. Darth Matth; Lux V Consular Green  Aluminum covertec knob  US 2.1 install           confirmed
3. Tobu:  (Lux V Sunrider's Destiny)   Aluminum covertec knob  US 2.1 install   confirmed
4. Orakaa: Lux V SRD  Aluminum covertec knob  US 2.1 install     confirmed    SENDING TO GC****
5. Onli-won Kanomi: Lux V SRD  Brass covertec knob  US 2.1 install            confirmed
6. Torichef: Lux V SRD  Aluminum covertec knob    US 2.1 install         confirmed
7. Reaver Lux III Red  2.1 install  confirmed*********
8. Reaver Lux III Red  2.1 install   confirmed********
9. DerFrownmacher: p4 wht US 2.1 li-ion setup   confirmed
10. MrLamChop; Lux III Blazing Red in hilt li-ion charger  2.1 install     confirmed
11. Ri-on Ozryel; Lux III SRD CYAN, aluminum covertec   2.1 install   DIY   confirmed******
12. Darth Akira: Lux V Guardian blue - US 2.1 install Li-ion set up. confirmed

Orakaa: Lux V SRD  Aluminum covertec knob  US 2.1 install     confirmed    SENDING TO GC*****
I will still send this to Gemini concepts, if you wish.   send me a PM
It will it will be incomplete and will not have a blade.

Ri-on Ozryel; Lux III SRD CYAN, aluminum covertec   2.1 install   DIY   confirmed******
Ri-on, I will send this to you if you wish, but it will be incomplete, and there will be no blade. send me a PM

Reaver Lux III Red  2.1 install  confirmed, Reaver Lux III Red  2.1 install   confirmed*****
I received your PM about the DIY, I will send it but it will be incomplete, and there will be no blade. send me a PM

To be clear gentlemen, I will send them along at your request, but you will need provide parts or in Orakaa's case pay for the parts?, to complete these sabers. I will not broker parts or negotiate with DT or Ultrasabers on your behalf.
I would advise just letting Ultrasabers build and ship them, but I will honor your wishes in the matter

Again, please accept my apologies. I wanted to complete these before the end of September originally.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 09:30:02 PM by JANGO FETT »

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
  • All things serve the Beam...
Re: Overlords going to Ultrasaber HQ for assembly and shipping.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 09:13:18 PM »
Jango, you don't need to apologize for anything. I thought you were crazy to jump into this from the start, but admired your desire to help. Had I the skill and capacity, maybe I'd have done the same thing. But the mess has gotten deeper, and the way out is no longer in site, other than the one you are choosing. I don't blame you, and am certainly not angry with you for it. I still appreciate your willingness to take these on in the first place. You've gone above and beyond here, and I'm sure everyone sees it.

I'll send you a PM, but I think you should send mine back to Ultra with everyone else's. Just get out from under this, and get back to enjoying what you do. This has been a learning experience for all of us, so let's learn what we can, and never walk this ground again. I'll look forward to your future projects, which is something I can say about fewer and fewer people these days...
Honor the man who falls by the sword,
But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 09:41:18 PM »
Thank You for all your efforts on our behalf JANGO. It was extremely honourable for you to take this upon yourself in the first place and it is appreciated. There is no doubt you did the very best anyone could have with a totally messed up situation and it is completely understandable that you need to get out from under this...at times it has seemed like this...debacle...has become almost a 'Lightsaber of Damocles' hanging over the head of good people and I can only imagine the pressure that has put on you and your need to put this stress behind you before it drags you under.

So perhaps it is apropos that these sabers and responsibility for resolving the matter of them returns to where it ultimately always should have been; Ultrasabers itself. I wish Ultra only the very best with whatever 'Darth Real Life' matters he is struggling with, yet also hope he can resolve this sometime soon so the Overlord can enter its 'retirement' from Ultrasabers gracefully with all orders accounted for so he too can put this behind him and move on to new Masterpieces which I'm sure Ultrasabers will have for us all in the future.

Best of luck getting your own business back to normal ASAP and in time for XMas and rest assured you have not let anyone down and there is much respect for you...thanks again.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 10:23:40 AM by Onli-Won Kanomi »
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 10:47:58 AM »
Agree and agree.
Now the sabers go back to the company that is responsable for it from the beginning.
When I did go for it I saw this as an Ultra buy and absolutelly not as a DT buy or whatever.
Ultra choose DT and I trusted Ultra's plan with this.
That company has to deal with DT themself, not we, not you.
This thing is going on to long.
I also think this topic is at the right place, the Ultra section.

Maybe now we got to see more of your goodies now Jango.

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
  • All things serve the Beam...
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 10:10:31 AM »
The sad thing is that there is STILL no contact from Ultrasabers on this. OK, maybe Alex is still out of town. I don't know. But he couldn't have one of his staff chime in here, and give us an update? The Ultrasabers sit goes on selling, like nothing at all is wrong, while we sit here waiting for any sort of response. You can tell me "Communication has never been Ultra's strong suit.", but I don't care any more. We're all being ignored. We're all being pushed aside. I have filed a complaint with the BBB in his area. I'm moving with other courses of action. I'm tired of being pushed aside. Enough is enough.
Honor the man who falls by the sword,
But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Offline Darth Akira

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 08:44:57 PM »
hey i cant seem to find any of my emails with derek except for one for the us 2.1 install payment

i think i wanted the aluminum covertec  if thats the silver one, if so then yeah i requested for it, can you please pass that to ultra thanks jango

also the batteries, i think derek said he was going to install the rechargable one but i really dont remember (this was 2 years ago)

derek if you recall or have our emails still please let ultra or jango know, i would like the overlord the way i requested/paid for it, thank you

Offline Gmar

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 12:49:29 PM »
Reaver,  Ultra Sabers always had bad communication.  The problem now is that their customer service has become bad, too.  At least, it's not what it used to be.

Ultra Sabers grade on BBB is currently a C-. 

They will probably become an "F", but I am not sure if that will affect the company or their future customers.  The Better Business Bureau complaint is nice, but Ultra Sabers does not respond to them either.

Derek told me in his last e-mail that he has no LED's because he sent them to Jango, which appear to now be en route to Arizone.  DT also appears to be waiting on Ultra.  I will send out a certified letter to Ultra Sabers Tuesday.  The first issue is finding out which Ultra Sabers address to use.

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 01:53:34 PM »
I ordered a few times at Ultra's and normally it was great.
Now I really do not dare to order at Ultra LTD anymore.

I want a converted Double Maul.
Normally I order a new UltraFX and sell my MR version.
Now I'd rather send my own double Maul to another SaberSmid here for conversion.
I was also curious for their Obi TPM UltraFX conversion, but now I don't care anymore.
The way their Costumors Service is now,...
I even want to pay $50 extra to fund them for finishing my Overlord, which is already finished, at least that was the noification earliƫr, but XXXXXX if that's what it takes to get Alex?Ultra finish this.

It cannot be that hard.
Some missing stuff, MAN,...
I think all of us involved would happely pay $50 extra to fund for it and REALLY receive their Overlord.

It's SSSOOOOO frustrating, that we are willing to work allong but with NOTHING from Ultra.

(I really hate my English now cause I'm missing the words to write what I really want)

What more will be expected from us.
Do I have to post this one in EVERY Ultra Topic out there, cause I will.
Selling and advertising, while we are hanging here for so long.
I'm starting to REALLY loose my patience and get mad.

My understanding is totally empty now.
Alex send me an invoice for the extra $50 and send my overlord to me.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 02:10:47 PM »
Ultra some communication would be greatly appreciated.

Please let us know how things stand on this issue.

Thank You.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 02:13:23 PM by Onli-Won Kanomi »
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 02:23:03 PM »
It's late and I'm very angry at the moment, so I think I better close my computer for a while.
I already placed one Topic in the Ultra News and anouncement thread.

Maybe tomorrow I feel better, but I cannot garrantee it.
Let's hope Alex is giving some comment about this, otherwise I really have something to say ib every thread of Ultra.

(Maybe tomorrow I will delete some, but don't count on it.)

Offline JANGO FETT

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 02:29:55 PM »
I guarantee if you post it in every ultra thread, there will be a problem.
Venting and voicing your frustration are okay.
Spamming the boards is not.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 06:42:13 PM »
double post

Family shot all wrapped up and organized

Ri-on Ozryel's has chosen to DIY, so his is not there.
The 3 down on the bottom far right were never claimed, and DT has not sent the summary. Hopefully Alex and DT can sort out who they belong to.

Packed up, needs peanuts!

Ready to go with Ri-on Ozryel's

For the curious the package weighs in at 13pds and was 36.81 to ship priority to Ultrasabers

I would like to thank everyone for their support.

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 09:29:25 PM »
I'm glad you're getting out of this mess and hooray for GF's!
(I like how it's the same abbreviation as Guardian Force from FF8. 8))

You're a hero, Jango, whether this mess is finished or not.
I, for one, can't wait to see your future work. (And if I can get my hands on a CF, you'll be getting more work from me. ;))

Offline Nightwing

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 10:15:49 PM »
so, if those 3 arnt claimed, what would the chances be of someone scoring one of them?  I also am not really sure what the details of this "mess" are, and the chances might be zero, but please forgive me for being naive. 

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2009, 02:48:54 AM »
I'm cooled after a night sleep.
Feel so much better.
It was a stress evening and I was clearing my e-mail also a lot of reply's including this one, and it felt heavy.
I did reread what I wrote here, but don't feel like deleting at all.

Spamming is bad, I know, but what can we do?
Maybe it's a thought, that Yoda bannes the Ultra Section till that company fix the problem.
I run out of ideas, sorry.

Maybe the Counsil can deside what to do in this matter.

Jango, you placed this Topic, but this is not against you, just that you know.
I'm thankfull that you tried.
It's just,... my hope is gone now, cause even you cannot see the end in this.

retrousse