fiduciary

Author Topic: Outstanding transactions for Outer Rim Armory excluding Overlords  (Read 20950 times)

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
Re: Outstanding transactions for Outer Rim Armory excluding Overlords
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2009, 12:32:11 PM »
Like many others, I've also had numerous pleasant transactions with Derek in the past, so this whole mess really did come as a surprise when it first started taking shape.  There's no two ways about it, now it has completely spiraled out of control and needs to be resolved one way or another.

In the hopes of receiving a concrete update from Derek the last few weeks/months, I've been reluctant to post anything.  But in the absence of any communication via PM/email, which I have attempted, I think it's now time that I post my outstanding transactions (excluding my two Overlords), if only to streamline things for you in this whole fiasco, Derek.

1) Two CF 4.0 boards (sent to be installed in the two Overlords, which Derek received from Ultra)

2) One CF 2.63 board.  This board was slated to be, and was, installed by Derek in an MR Luke V2 ROTJ (see #3), a project I initiated in early 2008.  The board was apparently damaged/fried (I honestly don't even remember anymore) during the initial install process in the saber and was subsequently sent to Erv from Derek for repair.  I have not received any update on this board since.

3) MR Luke ROTJ.  This saber was sent to Derek for a V2 project  (I even let him have the stock Jedi sound board that was in it, at his request  ;)).  The saber was sent to Derek in April of 2008.  He actually did complete this saber, for which there is a thread here.  I never received it back at any point, though.  The delay in this project began when the CF 2.63 board got damaged, as Derek had indicated to me.

4) Not really my saber anymore per se, but I sold a rare, Yoda-made Anakin ROTS Graflex hilt here last year.  Derek showed interest, but offered to take the saber in exchange for the full install fee on the Luke V2 and part of the fee on the Overlords.  I was more than happy to accomodate, so the Graflex was sent to Derek.

5) An Ultrasound board that was previously sent to Derek.  Since he had it at the time upgrades were being offered, I sent him Ultra's upgrade fee to have the board sent in.

I hope this helps keep things organized.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 10:24:24 AM by OBI-WAN KENOBI »

Offline Rion Ozryel

• 50% Ri, 50% On
  • Experienced Force User
  • Evil is just a point of view
    • The Galactic Sweatshop
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2009, 11:00:55 PM »
This is my first dealing with Derek and it's obviously left a very bad taste in my mouth. In addition to the Overlord he has yet to send me. I paid him though the forums for a sound install and sent him my personal UltraSound 2.0. I even paid him to have the upgrade done to it. So in addition to the Overlord, Derek owes me an Ultrasound 2.1.

Date paid                     Last communication                             Estimated delivery
US2.1                    10/18/08                              6/09                                         "next couple weeks" as stated in June
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 11:21:01 AM by Ri-on Ozryel »

“We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life.”

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2009, 05:09:06 AM »
I have just finished cleaning up this thread, ...if your was removed, it is because their was no indication in the post that a transaction with ORA has occurred.

Unless you have an outstanding order with OuterRim Armory, refrain from posting in this thread. This is not a discussion topic, nor is it a topic to express your opinion, (especially if u have no dealings with ORA or outstanding orders).

We will NOT have THIS thread hijacked by views and opinions of people who are not in the same boat as the people who have paid for sabers, parts or services from ORA and not received items.

Derek has the right to reply, and hopefully will do so. We do not need speculation on other people's part in THIS matter.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 05:36:44 AM by CHEWBACCA »

Offline Orakaa

• Master Force User
  • I'll send you in hades... with a taste of paradise
    • Orakaa - photography and computer graphics
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2009, 06:18:20 AM »
Actually, I paid 2 polyc tubes from him a few weeks ago (which I didn't receive).

Honestly, I don't care about that (but I do care about my overlord). I just hope Derek will get better on all aspects of his life and that this situation will be dealt with in the end

Orakaa - photographer, photoshop expert and graphic designer

Offline Darth_Pceptimus

• Force User
  • Don't Ever Judge Me!!!!
    • DP Customs
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2009, 06:23:34 AM »
I am still waiting for my US2.1 from Derek i have recieved no mails or pm's at all.

Date paid                     Last communication                      Estimated delivery
US2.1                              DOABoard                    13/5/09                                         18/5/09
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 03:07:38 AM by Darth_Pceptimus »

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2009, 11:14:31 AM »
In the next few days I am going to clean up this thread.  I will post an ongoing list in the first post and continue to update it as new members come forward of either unfinished or finished transactions.

Please modify your current posts with as much info as you can in the following format.  This will make it easier for me to update.

Example:
                                       Date paid                     Last communication                      Estimated delivery
US2.1                               6/7/09                                  6/7/09                                         6/7/09
2 Poly-c blades
Install service
Custom build

Offline Tomoyo

• Force User
  • Relax, it'll all be over soon.
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 02:34:56 PM »
Vader ESB Sound board                    6/4/09                         6/5/09                                       Saturday of that weekend

Offline PokerJedi

• Force User
  • AKA Ikslab LeBrok- master Jedi guitar builder
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2009, 10:39:37 PM »
3 US2.1                                       Can't remember                    6/2/09 {Phone}                             5/14/09 (before issues started)
2 Stunt (DSC & Hero) repairs
Imperial Knight (DSC v1)
2 IK pommels (1 on the Knight)
5 MLS units (L3 Orange, P4 green, P4 Blue, P4 White, L5 Cyan)

To clarify this list above, 2 of the US 2.1s are already installed in the Overlord & the IK.  2 of the 5 MLS units are meant to be included as part of the Overlord & IK assemblies. 

I echo Onli-Won's & Obi-Wan's comments.  I still have nothing but great things to say about Derek.  It is extremely unfortunate and dis-heartening for me to see Derek endure his current series of hardships- I pray for him & his family to perservere.

In his defense, he offered to ship my stunts seperately back in February- Since the 2.1s were due (any day then) and I had no immediate need for the stunts, I offered to let him keep them and ship everything together in order to help him save money on shipping costs.

In light of these recent events, I know personally that he has suffered tremendously; the kind of suffering that I wouldn't even wish upon my worst enemy.  I still have incredible faith that the above items will find their way back to my Jedi hovel in the very near future. 

Personal note to those of you who have been complaining {you know who you are...}: my IK has been in his custody* (due to very pesky US 1.1 issues & US 2 delays) for the greater part of the past 2.5 years- I haven't mentioned it publicly (much less complained about it) until now.  If that's not an exercise in patience, I don't know what is... I've been patient beyond comparison; why can't the rest of you cry-babies be (for a much shorter time)?!?!?!

Tim the PokerJedi

*footnote: my original IK pommel was the basis for the new & improved pommel run that Derek had made- the original was too thick in the speaker port area.  The newly thinned-out pommel vastly improves sound quality & volume.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 01:02:53 PM by PokerJedi »

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2009, 05:18:17 AM »
I'm sorry this has upset you.

We were told to list other outstanding items of business here in order to separate them from the Overlord matter...I don't believe it was intended to create a 'pitchforks and torches' atmosphere...simply to keep the Overlord thread from being filled up with other matters.

To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2009, 06:03:42 AM »
I'm sorry this has upset you.

We were told to list other outstanding items of business here in order to separate them from the Overlord matter...I don't believe it was intended to create a 'pitchforks and torches' atmosphere...simply to keep the Overlord thread from being filled up with other matters.

That is correct.  No one desires to create that atmosphere.  The members started a list and I am simply organizing it for them.  The first post is now mine to organize but I did NOT start this thread.  This thread was started by the members with outstanding orders.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 06:06:54 AM by LUKE SKYWALKER »

Offline Senti Xamas

• Master Force User
  • When the light is green, the trap is clean.
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2009, 09:21:39 AM »
Derek, I only started this thread because the Overlord thread was so full of different things, that other people wondering about their stuff were not able to post about it. I in no way wanting this thread to be a flaming thread. We do all have the right to be anxious for our stuff, anyone would agree. I have a very dear friend going through almost the exact situation now as you, but with different health problems. Its a real drag, and if I have come across as not caring to you, im sorry. If you need some extra cash since the shipping rates surely have doubled, all you have to do is pm me and I will gladly help you out. I have dealt with you pleasantly in the past, and trust that everything will work out soon.

Offline Darth_Pceptimus

• Force User
    • DP Customs
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2009, 05:04:09 PM »
Yep Keep em coming...

I like to have a daily reminder of my inadequacies as a human piece of crap. 

Not like I have records of this, and LUKE took it upon himself to go on ahead with this. Thanks Buddy.

Shall I ship rakes, torches and pitchforks with all the other stuff that I cannot afford to ship out right now.

This is just ridiculous.

I did say i will pay for the postage you said i didn't have to as it was a doa board my offer still stands to pay for the shipping....

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
  • "I will consume your soul before this day is done"
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2009, 08:44:04 AM »
Let me be clear on this.

I wouldn't retract anything I've posted in these ridiculous threads lately....those that are still here and those that've been deleted (and yes, I understand that the deletions were fair btw). I'm not angry. I find these situations comical. So.

@Tyranus: Yes I've made some snide remarks. I plan on contunuing $190 worth of snide remarks. If my order ever makes it to me then I guess that's great, if not, I've already written it off anyway. No pressure, no worries! So, feel free to put my order on the very back of the burner if you really feel you must fulfill some sort of professional obligation. :) As for whatever problems you've been having in your life, I'm not going to make much of a comment on it, because 1. It's none of my business, nor do I want it to be. and 2. It has little to do with a business transaction. I haven't had my plumber explain to me that my toilet is gonna stew some turds for a few weeks because off (insert personal problem) and thank god, he was a hideous [self-edit] so who knows what that story'd be like. ::) Does that make me sound like a heartless, uncaring [self-edit]? Perhaps. And maybe right now I am. I care less as the days go by what members here think of me. My loss huh? :-\

@everyone else: You get fed the same line of [self-edit] you've been hearing for the last few months and you're already lining up for the [self-edit] kissing? Just reading some of the posts in the various ORA threads have made me laugh. :D. I realize at this point that you're all hella more mature than myself. No seriously. ;) Anyway, I wish you all the best of luck.

Again, I'm not upset, just lmao.     
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 02:17:16 PM by Shadeslinger »

Offline DarthE

• No Force
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2009, 09:19:49 PM »
In November I shipped a red Dominix to you guys for repair which you
 received. However it has been 10 months since then and I still have not
 gotten it. In January i sent an email to Derek and he assured me it would
 arrive shortly yet here we are and it still has not arrived. This is
 simply inexcusable and extremely poor customer service, not to mention my
 money was essentially stolen.. I believe it was Derek who had my saber.

Offline Darth_Pceptimus

• Force User
    • DP Customs
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2009, 04:06:26 AM »
All i have ever been after is a confirmation that you have my new contact details. the last mail i sent was through the ORA shop mail system. I know i will get my board and i do understand that there are other people that have been waiting for items a lot longer than me i'm not posting here to slam or slate anyone thats the last thing i want i just to get that confirmation that my address has been noted..

Regards
John

retrousse