fiduciary

Author Topic: Correspondance Clubs  (Read 3697 times)

Offline En Di Hjobi

• No Force
  • The Force is strong with this one.
    • Electric Prophet
Correspondance Clubs
« on: December 10, 2008, 03:25:46 PM »
Hello All,

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away I was a member of the Cerulean Order, a padawan in their rank system. I really enjoyed the convenience as not everyone can make it Coruscant or the other main centers for learning, but unfortunately the Order fell into disuse and vanished. Now I am left by my lonesome and wanting to attend somewhere. I'm a Minnesotan and up here we don't really go for flinging things at each other, except if you're a crazy Amtgard member.

Anyways, I'm wondering if there are any correspondance schools like the Cerulean Order. They had all the information on their website and a forum. The training was recorded and posted on YouTube to be viewed by a Master. Am I the only one who was apart of one of these clubs?
Just another Jedi displaced after the destruction of the Temple.

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
Re: Correspondance Clubs
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 12:26:04 PM »
i wish I could help you out, but as I'm in New Jersey I don't have any recommendations for you.

Could you tell me more about these correspondence courses?  How do they work?  How satisfied were you with your instruction and the teachers?

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline En Di Hjobi

• No Force
  • The Force is strong with this one.
    • Electric Prophet
Re: Correspondance Clubs
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 05:04:29 PM »
FYI, the Grand Master was based in New England, but I can't remember which state. Many of the Jedi Masters had met in person and were acquaintances. I think they were located in Massachusetts or Pennsylvania.

The ranks started out like this:
Initiate - to progress you had to read two articles about the Force and the Lightsaber and write a one page essay about them explaining the significance of the two and what you can learn from them. Once you had done that you would be paired up with a Jedi Master to guide and instruct you on how to improve on your technique, precision, and agility. Oh, and I forgot to mention, they would also have you take one of those Quizilla tests to see which Lightsaber Form suits you best and then ask you to keep that in mind when preparing for the Jedi Trials.

Padawan - to progress you had to master 18 lightsaber spin techniques and demonstrate that you could do them by filming yourself doing them and posting them on Youtube for your master to view. Once you had been approved then you would be required to make a video of yourself performing the Jedi Trials. I never made it this far before the site was abandoned, but I know that you had to incorporate what you had mastered and a bit of your form. Not only this, but you also had to construct your own custom saber.

Jedi Knight - I don't know hardly anything about it. I know that every Knight was required to take a padawan, if not two, despite that that was against tradition of the Old Republic. I think there was a test for Jedi Master as well, but as to what it was I'm not sure.

Jedi Master/ Jedi Council- Access to their forum board was restricted, limited, as well as most of their conversation took place through emails.

I liked it a lot. I watched the youtube videos and copied what I saw, although I've had experience waving banners and all that, so the first few techniques were painfully easy. It was slow contacting my master though, she didn't get back to me for a few days, and that was just how it was. I usually had to wait and wait until one random day I'd receive a reply. That was my biggest complaint. The forum wasn't frequented enough by many Padawans, but that's to be expected when the club was a whopping nine people or so. It might have been helpful to see the Masters perform the techniques, be able to put a face to the name that was telling us what to do.
Just another Jedi displaced after the destruction of the Temple.

retrousse