Recent Posts

Pages:  [1] 2 3 ... 10
Lightsabers / Re: [SOLD] FS: KRxOR Qui Gon Jinn with Tri-Cree
« Last post by mountainjedi on Today at 12:39:21 PM »
Sold, mods please lock 😊
Lightsabers / Re: [SOLD] FS: KRxOR Qui Gon Jinn with Tri-Cree
« Last post by mountainjedi on Yesterday at 11:56:45 AM »
Edit for price drop.
Thanks for the reply.  Is the recommendation to use 20AWG for all wires or only between PCB and LED strip?

The thicker wiring should be to every connection that powers the blade.  If you are powering your blade through your board, then the ground wire from the battery to the board sees the most current of all.  I recommend sketching or diagramming it out and trying to understand for yourself what wires will see the most current.  It should be pretty evident with a few moments of consideration.
The effect here is that the wires can only carry so much current before they start resisting the flow.  You can measure the drop across the wire.  The longer the run, the greater the loss.  The inch or so of wire within the blade is not as big of a deal.  You can imagine it like a water flowing through a narrow pipe, or breathing through a straw.

I personally use 20AWG.  There is a measurable difference even on a cheap multimeter, measure at the positive connection to the battery and the positive connection to your blade.
Thanks for the reply.  Is the recommendation to use 20AWG for all wires or only between PCB and LED strip?
Wanted / Re: WTB OM Skinnyflex
« Last post by Iggy on Yesterday at 05:26:36 AM »
Good luck on the search
Wanted / WTB OM Skinnyflex
« Last post by darth hondo on August 01, 2021, 08:35:27 PM »
Life comes to a full circle and I am back to looking for an OM Skinnyflex  :cheesy:  :rolleyes: If you have an empty OM Skinnyflex* which you have little or no use for and want to sell, I am interested.

* - not interested in the Korbanth/89Sabers Skinnyflex.
Awesome looking hilt Michael!

I hope you and your family are safe and well!

-Howard
Lightsabers / [SOLD] FS: KRxOR Qui Gon Jinn with Tri-Cree
« Last post by mountainjedi on August 01, 2021, 08:00:54 AM »
For sale is one of my favorite sabers - a KRxOR Qui Gon with those DEEP grooves. I believe this is from their first run. It's in great shape for its age, but has a few scuffs (see pictures). It's partially installed, with GGW tri-cree (I believe), TCCS battery, and switch - should just need a soundboard and a speaker and it's good to go! I'll also throw in the silver blade plug.

I hate to let it go, but need the cash, so I'm asking $290, which of course includes shipping to CONUS, and PP fees.

ShtokCustomWorx / Re: 7/8"-to-1" metal Blade Adapters - IN STOCK
« Last post by Nick Knight on August 01, 2021, 12:48:36 AM »
Can we still get these?
The effect here is that the wires can only carry so much current before they start resisting the flow.  You can measure the drop across the wire.  The longer the run, the greater the loss.  The inch or so of wire within the blade is not as big of a deal.  You can imagine it like a water flowing through a narrow pipe, or breathing through a straw.

I personally use 20AWG.  There is a measurable difference even on a cheap multimeter, measure at the positive connection to the battery and the positive connection to your blade.
Pages:  [1] 2 3 ... 10