fiduciary

Author Topic: Feedback for RuiMLeal. BEING THREATENED BY HIM!  (Read 1631 times)

Offline Darthvix

• Master Force User
    • Darthvix Custom Sabers
Feedback for RuiMLeal. BEING THREATENED BY HIM!
« on: March 01, 2016, 11:31:20 AM »
I write this post today a little dumbfounded at what is occurring, and I wanted to tell you what is going on. Rui M. Leal bought a stormtrooper saber that I installed electronics in, I bought the hilt about a year ago for I believe it was $500 or around there. I took a couple months to get measurements, create and order some 3d parts. The 3d Parts I created and used on the hilt are seen below.
Sign In to Shapeways
Sign In to Shapeways
Sign In to Shapeways  (Sorry you seem to have to sign in to view these)
It then took a few months to get all the pieces, CF7.5, Cex, etc. One problem that I had was with the switches, but I soon got advice from a fellow saber smith from the GUILD here on FX Sabers that “they”, I will not name the person, without their consent” that they had indeed used glue to keep the switches in place. I thought this was fine, went ahead and got the hilt finished, had a custom boot sound made at the buyers request, and shipped the saber off. The buyer had WANTED it insured for only $250 due to something about paying less fees or taxes when they picked it up.

When finished, I made sure to take a video of the saber working, take pictures, etc.
Video link of saber working :  Rui M Leal Saber - YouTube

The video shows ALL the buttons working fine, sound, etc. The 3d piece that holds the speaker and recharge port , can thread into the pommel, the threads on the recharge port  screw into the Pommel. Seen in this picture.

The speaker is secured in with some hot glue, like most do with 3d parts.

The Main Chassis then holds the CF7.5, Cex, 18340 7.4V Battery Stick, and Rice Port.
Sign In to Shapeways

Here are some build pictures:

The day Rui M Leal Got it, I got this email from Rui.
Main Points:
Complaining about the speaker/charge port housing:
   First of all, customs had unscrewed the pommel , causing the chassis to not be secure, all that Rui had to do was screw the extra threads on the end of the recharge port into the pommel, and it would be secured.

Second, Rui was saying the game between the white control box and the hilt had a gap. If customs tried to pull off the white control box cover, that is not my fault, but of course Rui said it was.

Thirdly, He said that there was no crystal chamber, I had never stated and he had never asked that there was a crystal chamber included. He agreed later that he had not. Rui even ripped the black grips off, thus most likely ruining the grips and or hilt. I am not sure why he would think the crystal was under the black grips.

I posted the email he sent when he received it and the email of him about the crystal chamber.

Another thing was that Rui kept saying that the saber was worthless, he could get a “cheap Hasbro” that was better, that it was not even worth $200 dollars, etc. If Rui thinks he can get a Acerocket Hilt, CF7.5, Cex, Tri RGB LED, battery, led, speaker, etc for $200 then he has no idea, but anyway…

Later today, I get an email, and pictures of how Rui had torn the saber apart, and is now THREATENING me and , etc. I will let you read his email.

Rui Says that you have to use tweezers to get to the SD card, (well yes many sabers require this, I do not see the big deal), and that the switches were glued in. Quoted from the email, but I will post a picture of it also so you may read it.
“It's just hilarious what I've found under the hood. Now I know why the xxx the buttons when inside, they are full with some kind of gummy stuff and they have no support whatsoever so they can withstand any kind of pressure, that's why they went inside the hilt. Also everything is fill with this sticky gummy stuff that can not hold anything together on that part and some gaffer tape to put it in place. A 3d printed piece could easily be made to be put on that part also that's why it has a gap since you tried to fit everything together with that gummy and gaffer onto such a small hole, horrible job I might say!! “

“After open this up I realized that this job is not worth $700 so I demand you to send me the rest of it has I will need to send this now to someone that really understand the construction of light sabers to fix the electronic parts since the buttons do not hold and never will the way you assembled it. This is not a good job worth that kind of money you rip me off completely and even try to make me look like a fool that it's all my fault when the connection are so badly made to withstand any regular usage.
I will expose this all thing at the forums and will spread the word widely has you are not a trusty person not even a good salesman or even any electronic expert.I can see now why did you have other complaints in the past with your light sabers has you mentioned, now everything is explained. This is such a lousy job that I'm pretty sure that when I spread this all over the web you will loose any work you might want to get with your stuff.
Really you mess with the wrong guy, and your after sales attitudes were not even reasonable to try to understand what was really happened since you already new what you have done wrong with the saber and would be much easier to blame it on me and customs for something you made so badly and since the distance was a big issue of this you really think you would get away with it. You have no idea who I am and the connection I have all over the world and a word of advise never do this again to any of your clients this is not a good thing to do to someone who just paid you that kind of money you never know when someone could be knocking at your door and in my case distance is not a problem as I'm always in tour with bands all over the globe that one day I'll be reaching you in person for sure.
So unless you want me to expose you I want you to send me back at least half of my money for this xxx you've built me. The money I paid you for the saber is not worth any of it. $700 is more than enough to pay for this mediocre job, the saber and the electronic board since the rest I've just check it cost peanuts.
So let me know your thoughts over this lousy thing you've done so I can decided if I will expose you or not to the rest of the world of your lousy saber job, yes lousy because if I show this inner connections to anyone in the business they sure will laugh at what you have done here and the hilt so far is the only thing that escapes this misery and lousy job, not even the supports withstand any normal usage.

Rui is pretty much slandering me along with threatening me.

Email of from Rui Today March 1st

First of all, here are the pictures when he has torn the saber apart.

First of all, in parts, the saber was a total of,

$500 about for the hilt bought from a fellow fx member, $160 (CF7.5) + $68 for Cex + $25 for led, + $20 for battery + $7 for speaker, + $10 rice cable, +$3 rice port+$3 recharge port+$25 or more in 3d parts

Totaling $821 just in parts, then $42 for a blade, and $10 for a charger. Shipping was $70(something) to Portugal, so in total of COSTS the saber COSTED $943.

Rui Paid a Total of $1667.

Due to Rui wanting a crystal chamber, “Mushing” the buttons so hard that they recessed into the hilt (even though I told him not to push hard in the video), I refunded Rui $350 so that he could get the crystal chamber he wanted.

Buttons after Rui Mushed them

Here are all my finished photos, along with the video link from above of the lightsaber clearly working, buttons not being recessed when pressed, etc.

One large problem I think is Rui, had no idea how to treat a saber such as this, and in the process has broken many parts of the saber, from ripping the grips off, to ripping out all the wires, etc, wasting over 45 HOURS of work, between 3d designing the parts, wiring, rewiring to get the shortest route, etc. I posted pictures of emails he has sent, you see Rui mentioning CURA software, which I have no idea what is, Plecter Boards use RICE, so I do not know what he even tried there. Second, He was trying to use the Prizm Software RICE later on, and not had installed the Rice cable drivers, so of course it would not work, but again that was my fault he believed.

Rui M Leal Saber - YouTube

I just wanted to post this here, so that fellow saber sellers do not deal with this buyer, Rui M Leal. You can clearly see from the photos, etc that it was working when sent, between Rui practically destroying the hilt out of rage, and customs unscrewing the pommel unknowingly, Rui wants to send me back a Paper Weight, that is most likely scratched, dented, CF might even be ruined, wires ripped out, 50 Hours of work dumped down the drain.

Now Rui is Threatening me, practically black mailing me and from this point I will stop communications with him, I will reply to him with this post, and then I am finished, and if I were you, I would stay away from him. I have refunded him his $350, he has now a total of $1667-$350 invested, and if he chooses to continue to rip apart a working saber, that is his to do as he wishes. If I were anyone, I would not deal with this person. I have sold numerous sabers, from new saber buyers to experienced buyers such as Cavjo. I will continue to support the community through buying @ TCSS, supporting saber runs such as Wats SkinnyFlex, TPM Obi, etc but I do not wish anyone to get burned dealing with Rui.
Rui is just a person that I should and WILL NEVER DEAL WITH AGAIN.

Sorry for the long post, and thank you to all who read.

EDIT: March 1st 5:51pm Rui continues to send emails.

Please be advised when reading Rui M Leal reply, he has posted at this time no proof with photos, etc to collaborate what he is saying.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 05:34:23 PM by Darthvix »
Best,
Terry

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
Re: Feedback for RuiMLeal. BEING THREATENED BY HIM!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 04:19:45 PM »
Terry, sorry to hear all this. If he continues to threaten you, I'd alert him that the FBI frowns on that sort of thing and that you will be forced to give them all of his info. I'm sure he will cease and desist at that point.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 04:28:00 PM »
Storm Trooper versions from Orbital Machining.
  • V1 No crystal chamber, or support under the switches. No 3D printed chassis. O ring switch bezel
  • V2 Crystal chamber under grips, horizontal bar machined into the body. 3D printed chassis. Machined switch bezel.

Both versions had recommended epoxied switches.
I can tell by the control box that's a V1
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 04:29:33 PM by JANGO FETT »

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline ruimleal

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
    • Rui M Leal Photography
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 05:27:31 PM »
Thank you Terry for exposing this here avoiding me to make it so.

Your point of view over this all deal is very interesting and although most of it is accurate most of the parts are really out of context within the deal we made and how in the end all turned out.

In fact I did ask you if you had any Stormtrooper saber available and you told me you still have one hilt from those made some years ago. I've reach out to you after several recommendations of your "good" services regarding assembling this sabers that from all people in the market I choose you to bring this one to life instead of just bought you the hilt (that in fact that would have been the best option if I did know what I know now).

Everything went smoothly with the build of the saber and it took you some time to give me any feedback on it (research and all that you mention here correctly) then at some point and after I've paid you already half of the final payment plus the entrance fee of $250 you showed me the saber (that you have in the video) and I mentioned the fact that there was a gap between the hilt and the button box that was not of my liking, also I mentioned you that the buttons would need to be coloured and not translucent (has they appear in the video) plus they needed some small black rubbers around the led's lights so they look more like the photos I've sent you from the 501st Costume Reference Library and from here it's where things started to become a little bit sower.

If you remember you told me that the box could not be aligned correctly with the hilt has it was not designed for that particular hilt and the buttons could not be replaced with coloured ones and if I do not wanted the saber like that you can make me a refund for it.

I did found strange that the led's could not be replaced for a colored ones, since it's such a simple task to replace some led's, and also find out odd that the box could not be fixed to align perfectly since I've seen that in some other sabers which I've also sent you photos to illustrate they have made it.
I replied you that I would not want any money back as I wanted to have this saber and asked you if you could try and fix the led's and the gap, which you later changed the lights to coloured ones and supposedly fixed the gap (which on the video and when it arrived was not fixed).

A couple of days later you told me you had everything done and that you also made a video which I only saw when I reported you the problems since it's arrival. You've made this video but never sent it to me saying how fragile the buttons and other parts wore. Yes it's my first real light saber (not of those toys I have here) and after paying almost $1700 I was really anxious on getting my hands on it. Has expected I asked you to insured it less than what I've paid so I won't paid a fortune to customs during this transaction but even insured just for $250 cost me at custom 95 euros.

I received the package from the post office and all was well secured with all the tapes you've put around it, the blade did not even had a scratch and it did not looked like the customs have unwrapped it from the bubble paper you wrapped it with, everything is looking good and shinny.

Lighted up and it was amazing, then I went to put on the blade, which did not fit at first, but after several attempts I realised that it was so tight that it did not reached the bottom and it maybe needing some sanding has it still cannot reach the screw to hold it and when I used it it fall down easily.
Then I started to figure out how to work with this saber since 2 of the buttons are more elevated than the others (seen on the video too), so I removed the kill key (that was loose) and I pressed one of the buttons and it fires up.

Green blade when I asked for a red one (well this could be something that should be easy to change I thought) then when I press the other button it went inside the hole... oopps!! Then the rubber that was on that hole falls down it was not even glued :(
Then next thing was trying to change the sounds, needed to go to the internet to figure out how to change the sounds since you really did not tell me how to operate this thing and at this point no video from you whatsoever. After finding the way to change the sounds I noticed that most of the sounds were so loud and distorted, most of the talking could not be heard and there was clipping all over, then the next thing I noticed is that when I swing the saber there was this clunking sound coming from the pommel and noticed that something was loose inside that part.

At this stage I'm getting a little bit annoyed for the fact that I paid a premium price for a saber and it's starting to collapse not even after 2 minutes of using it. 
I then started to investigate what could be the clunking noise coming from the pommel soon to find out that was the rear part loose inside the pommel, the charging cable could not be plugged unless I unscrew and removed the pommel leaving all the cables out while charging so I gently unscrew the pommel and the 3d printed part that holds the speaker and the charging port simply falls into the table, oops again!!

I was thinking to myself this cannot be happening... everything was loose inside the pommel I then started to charge the saber with all the inner cables showing since this was the only way that I know how to do it and sent you my first email asking about this.

"Dear Terry just received the lightsaber today, thanks for the fast shipping and it came in good shape with nothing broken, 95 euros for customs but everything went smooth.

Unfortunately I'm very disappointed with the all saber, not the design but some things I was expecting to have for such a higher value that in the end are not in it and some other things I will point below. As it is for me is nothing but a metal hilt with a couple of lights and sounds and for the price I was really expecting it would come in full as I will explain, I would have never paid more than 700 euros for something like this if I saw it live.

I'm sorry bit really I'm very disappointed with this build.

I will explain:

- There is no inside of the hilt with the crystal light chamber. When I removed the black cover it's just the hilt nothing under it. Please check my reference photos I'm sending you to see what I mean (Stormtrooper_Lightsaber_Inside).This is what I was expecting it would come with a crystal inside.
- When I charge it there is no light indicator. I was expecting the led’s would indicate that the lightsaber was charging by randomly flashing and when done, one single light will stayed on. This way I have no idea when it will be fully charged nor how long it will take for it to charge.
Since it arrived I turned it on and after 1 minutes on it just went dead.
- The back part where the speaker is on is loose and when I swing the lightsaber you can ear it clunking inside the hilt also this part does not align with the hole to put the protective plastic unless I search for it inside. It also does not enables you to charge the lightsaber without having to remove the back part and exposing the cables for leaving it to charge. This is a very bad idea since if I use it on conventions and presentations every time I need to charge this thing I will have to crack it open and leave it charging with exposed wires and this is not good. There are 3 holes in the bottom that could be made to support that piece so it will not stay loose inside when you swing the lightsaber.
- You told me you have fixed the gap between the hilt and the buttons but unfortunately it is still there and it's horrible, not even the 30,00€ Disney lightsaber have this problem.

I'm sending you some images I took today of the lightsaber so it can illustrate what I'm complaining about.
In all I'm very disappointed with the price for this build while missing all these small details that could have lead to a much better build and to a much right price for it. Otherwise I do feel it toke me almost $1.700,00, for what I previously said, just for a hilt tube and a couple of lights and you can agree with me that all this would never cost more than $200/$300 euros to make plus your working hours.

I'm sorry for all this but very disappointed I was really expecting much for after the talks we had been exchanging and all.

Again thank you for for taking the time to make this. I never thought the saber would come like this after everything I heard from you, Thanks anyway.
Stay safe.
Kind regards,
Rui "

Which you did not reply and I sent you another one:

"Dear Terry,

I'm sorry but I have to send this "thing" back.

I finally got the time to charge it and discovered a couple more things that are not right:

- The sound is so LOUD that the speaker cannot handle it and the sounds are completely distorted (haven't you tried this before you send it ?)
- The blade does not fit completely inside the hilt and sometimes it fall by itself also the light is much brighter near the hilt and does not reach very well to the tip of the blade (haven't you tried this?).
- The blade is Green (asked for Red and White) and do not see a way to change it to different colours. Do not have the CURA software nor a way to change it or know how to make this happen.
- The buttons are so rigid that sometimes when pressed the saber does not turn on or off, in fact the buttons after several presses went inside the plastic (did you do not test this?)
- The light is still coming outside the box buttons (you told me it was fixed).

So far these are a couple more things I've discovered and stop testing, just wrapped it and put it back inside the box, it's horrible!

I'm sorry but this is no way a thing worth $1700,00, as we agreed upon. Most of the things are loose inside the hilt, the light is spilling under the buttons, the blade does not fit the hilt, could not charge it unless opened, sounds are excessive loud and distorted, blade is green, buttons are too hard to be pressed.
Not one of my Hasbro toys looks and feels like this and they cost me 30,00 euros, you even told me that I would be amazed with this built, I'm sorry but this is a very bad built in all aspects and there is nothing good to brag about this.

Please advise as I would like to return this thing and a have a refund for the all deal has this is not what I was expecting nor it will fit what I need. This is a very bad build and is not well finished has we talked about in the beginning.

Let me know something ASAP so I can return it next Monday this has no use to me like this and it will be an embarrassment to you or me if I show this to somebody at any convention or fair.

Best regards,

Rui"

At this point I did nothing to the saber except a normal usage from a user that never had played with one of these before, what I was not expecting was that the buttons could not hold a couple of presses the back part was loose. Then I mentioned CURA software when I really meant was RICE since CURA is for 3D slice pieces and at the time you never had told me what was the name of the software for the saber changes and had to find it by myself.

Then came your reply:

"Rui,

Firstly, in the last email you said you were disappointed there was no crystal, I never said there would be, I am not sure how you thought this. It seems you did not want the hilt halfway through payment and now are blaming everyone else. Secondly, you change the color of the LED by pressing both aux and main switch at the same time, when the saber is already on and lighted.

Secondly, the speaker worked perfectly, and 0 light was coming through the control box. If this is happening, most likely the problem aroused when customs inspected the hilt, and they most likely took it apart and broke / messed stuff up.

The buttons also worked fine when I sent the hilt.

I have no idea what CURA software is, and I have never heard of it.

I am sorry to hear you are  disappointed, but it seems as if you yourself or customs messed up the hilt bad, and due to you not wanting it insured for what you paid, I do not see how that is my fault.

The blade DOES fit, you must likely are not tightening the blade retention screw."

How would one feel on buying such an expensive piece and getting a reply like this saying that customs should be to blame because they messed with the saber when everything was well packed and not even a scratch or even me who messed up with it? How can one messed up with a solid build like this just by opening the pommel and pressing the lights a couple of times?

This things can only happen if the saber is not well assembled from the inside, otherwise how can one mess with it just because it's normally using it?

Then from here things escalated rapidly since the saber every time I pressed a button it will go a little bit more inside the hole and now after 2 minutes of using it I already got one light almost totally inside the hole and one rubber (that should be glued) fallen.

This is the part where I did ask for a full refund in return to you of the complete saber for the not so good job done with it.

After a couple of email exchanges that you mention I got into agreement of you sending me $350 to cover some of this mess that I did not have any fault and then decided to investigate why did the buttons went inside in the first place since if they are buttons and were intended to be press why did they went inside the hilt so easily.

And that's are the images I sent you and you posted on a different context claiming I had ruined the saber on purpose.

All I did was to remove the white cover and unscrew 2 screws that were in the metal part and then found out why did the buttons went inside the hilt. I went nuts when I saw that... they were covered with some kind of gelly gummy stuff and some gaffer tape to hold them in place and that is how you hold those buttons and that's why they fall so easily inside the hole. There was no kind of support that can hold them while they are pressed, you could have made a 3d printed platform to hold them or design some other stuff to put in there but gelly gummy stuff and gaffer... really $1700?? Solved the mystery why the buttons not always worked correctly and why they went so quickly inside the hilt. Nothing to do with bad customs handling or heavy usage has you claim on your post here!! This has more to do with bad manufacturing that handling and usage!

Then it comes time to investigate the part why did the speaker suddenly stop working.

(Keep reading in another reply post has it needed to be posted in two parts because of it's size)

Offline ruimleal

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
    • Rui M Leal Photography
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 05:29:02 PM »
(Continues...)

Well this was easy after reviewing the pommel I realised that the inner part should be screwed to the end of the pommel giving this a way to now charge the saber without even have to unscrew the pommel at all, unfortunately for this to happen the cables needed to be a little longer so that the pommel would not be forcing them and that is why I got the conclusion (also seen in your video) to why the inner part of the pommel came loose and was not dealt with at customs. I even carefully tried to screw it to the pommel but then I could not open it normally.

Then I inspected the speaker and noticed it has a defect bump that could be the reason for it to produce the distorted sounds and later it's collapse.

Next I plugged in the cable to try to lower the sound of the board (via RICE software) maybe this could be the problem with the distorted sound, that's when another problem occurred... the way that port was made, from the inside, when I tried to plugged in the cable most of that part was pushed inside the hilt, leaving now no way to remove the card unless with some long pliers (this could be normal on some sabers, has I've checked, but with this saber this piece cannot be pushed inside the hilt otherwise it will not be possible to screw the pommel with the screw attached to it because the cables are not long enough) so this leads me to try and pull that piece carefully out in order to attach the cable (as you all may know the 3,5mm cable needs a little push in order to be plugged correctly)

So now I'm thinking after paying $1700 for this saber I also needed to buy a new speaker to replace the bad one, fix the led's support and find a much better replacement system, sand the blade to fit into the hilt, drill a hole on the hilt to fit the crystal that I was hoping it would have, fix the RICE cable port part so it won't move and also implement the Force Feedback motor that was never installed. Not bad for something that cost $1700 and should be plug and play, not to mention the fact of the awful support I got from Terry since the beginning of all this. The detection of most of the problems reported came always with an excuse for customs bad handling not to mention the fact of the continuous point finger to me of the bad handling of the saber by myself.

So I raise here a couple of questions in regard of this custom saber build and Terry:

- How can someone that builds light sabers react to an observation about the bad construction of the saber with the fact that it was a customs opening problem in the first place and then a bad user usage because button were pressed too hard?

- Should a saber like this with such a higher price be built under these condition with gaffer tape and gelly glue just to support the items and not to last with some usage by having a much better support now that 3d printed pieces are easily made to fit custom purposes?

- Could it be normal that one buy such an expensive piece of gear only to use it for a couple of minutes and it falls apart?

I'm the one who will never deal with this guy again and advise you all to take in consideration when anything is build from this guy. The things could look very good but when they are open apart you can see the lousy work that was done and if a complaint is presented you will never get a fix out of it only excuses that none was his fault.

This is no way to deal with something like this and also not a good thing to this great community.

At this moment I have the light saber opened, not ripped apart, not damaged, not even with a scratch like was told by Terry. It was carefully opened simply to try and figure out what could have lead to things started to fail otherwise I would have not opened it up and after a careful inspection of the inside I can clearly see that it was a poorly job made by Terry.

It is very easy to point the finger at someone when your job is not well done and get away with it by pointing others peoples faults and blames when in fact you cannot take a hit because you were paid premium for a bad work you've produced and figure out a way to solve the problem instead of skipping it and make a lousy refund about it and even try to convince others to see things differently.

Just imagine this would happen to any of you, how would you feel on paying $1700 for a rare and unique stormtrooper light saber to show your friends, take to conventions and brag about it and in the end you got it has a paperweight because it just collapsed after using it for 5 minutes and also with no support whatsoever from the seller only implying that you are threatening him with this thing.
Thinking of all the extra money I have to spend just to put it to work again and when asked for at least half of the money paid as a compensation for all this mess Terry made a refund of $350 just to shut me up and present that as another excuse here on the forum.

The pictures I took and he shows are more than clear to illustrate the problem of the led button. Clearly on his video ones are taller than the others and this is due to the fact of the gaffer and a type of gummy glue, also that's why the box has the gap.

All the hours he put in the project are valid and I recognise that so that's why I also paid that kind of money for it because I know that this is not an easy thing to build, what I was not expecting was that was poorly executed with very raw materials and that were not withstand normal and regular usage as they should have on a build like this.

For all of you who also has suffered from these kind of things made by this guy, I can only say that I feel for you, the rest take the word you fell more. He has everything exposed has he think is the correct way and I have my feelings about this all deal and since this will cost me even more to fix I leave it up to you to decided to who will you trust your saber in the future. I never intended to pay such a higher price for a saber only to have it ruined 5 minutes later no matter if I know how to use it or not, for that price I did expected to last, wouldn't you?

Kind regards to everyone who took their time to read this and hope it could help you as an advise for this kind of deals and has you can see no threatening was made only wanted a repay for what has been badly produced.

Rui

P.S.- The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn't being said. The art of reading between the lines is a life long quest of the wise.

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 03:17:02 AM »
I don't intend to make this into a discussion/debate but after reading all of the above it's clear it was most likely a combination of poor communication/understanding/expectations combined with the fact that customs quite possibly damaged the saber. Unfortunately choosing not to fully insure something when its coming from overseas (and expensive!) is a mistake for this reason and it's unfortunate that you had to learn that lesson the hard way. I always try to confirm how the saber should work before sending any money. It saves time and issues where you might think certain aspects are supposed to work one way when in reality they aren't. The money spent is a lot, I agree. However, it's also clear that the time spent to make the saber justifies the cost. All being said it should have been something that could have been dealt with maturely but it doesn't seem to have happened that way. Threats and abuse are NOT the way to deal with an issue and can potentially invalidate/cloud any legitimate issues you have with the transaction. I personally wouldn't buy a saber that has nothing but glue holding the switch but for whatever reason, you didn't seem to know/understand that was the case. International deliveries can arrive in pretty bad shape. I once ordered a figurine from Japan and it arrived broken. In any case I'd say this should be a learning experience for both parties involved (and anybody reading this). Always clarify the process and the details first so there are no miscommunications and make sure there is good communication throughout.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 03:19:12 AM by IceSaber »

Offline DarthRaevus

• Master Force User
  • Friendly neighborhood machinist...
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 05:52:46 AM »
I feel it should be noted that "glue" and "epoxy" are two different things.  The latter is cures rigid while the former maintains some flexibility.

retrousse