fiduciary

Author Topic: Do you have: an old LIGHTECH Industires "Viper Defender"? Please share!  (Read 1619 times)

Offline yirmeyahu_cynge

• Padawan Learner
    • Jeremy King Tech on YouTube
So I bought this saber hilt back in 2004 (ish if my memory serves me well). I really love this old hilt but the only problem is that it's an old EL hilt. I bought a green EL blade but it's definitely not impressive anymore. With so many amazing advancements in the arena of hobbyist lightsaber construction, I've been itching to jump right into an LED conversion as well as doing other customizations.

But with any hilt build, first thing is first: Planning. You must have a plan of attack!

It's incredibly exciting to see different hilt concepts realized on these forums. But I haven't seen any hilts like my own.

Does anyone here own a LIGHTECH Industries Viper Defender like mine? If so, have you done any modding/customizations to it? 

Before I begin, I'd like to learn from others that have traveled along a similar path (if possible).

For reference, here is the original advertisement and below you will see my hilt. Notice that the blade holder is made out of brass instead of aluminum.

Original Ad:

My Hilt:

Thanks for taking the time to read! YC,  :police:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 06:26:23 PM by yirmeyahu_cynge »

Offline yirmeyahu_cynge

• Padawan Learner
Re: Do you have: an old LIGHTECH Industires "Viper Defender"? Please share!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 05:57:09 PM »
*bump* on this..

I was really hoping some senior members of the community would be able to connect with me one this. Isn't anybody familiar with these hilts?

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 06:00:58 PM »
You need to get this moved to the 'Wanted' section.

Better chance to find this in there.

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 06:13:54 PM »
I don't believe he's looking to buy anything space, just wanting to connect to with anyone that has one or remembers them.

Offline yirmeyahu_cynge

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 06:22:05 PM »
Thanks for the response Space!  :smiley:

Qui-Gon is right though. I'm really just looking to connect with others that remember these hilts or are familiar with them.

General Grievous of LDM says that he was familiar (thanks for the suggestion to connect with him). He offered his services, however, I'm really looking to mod it myself.

You know, in true Jedi tradition.  :grin:

My PCv3.5 just arrived in the mail direct from Mr. Erv Plecter all the way from France (as a prize in the 2015 contest)! Erv sounded like he remembered them from back in the day as well which is cool.

But again, I'm not really looking for someone do do all of this work for me. Just to connect with those who might be familiar with these hilts to share their experiences with me (if possible).

Offline yirmeyahu_cynge

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 06:27:22 PM »
I've modified the original post to include the photos now so you can all take a look at it for yourself. Thanks again for taking a look!  :police:

Offline aolivas30

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
I've got the same Viper Defender! Still works after all these years but the blade color has faded and is not a bright as it once was.  Also the black rubber bands/gaskets have withered away.  Anyone know where I could get a replacement for the blade and rubber rings?

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
I've got the same Viper Defender! Still works after all these years but the blade color has faded and is not a bright as it once was.  Also the black rubber bands/gaskets have withered away.  Anyone know where I could get a replacement for the blade and rubber rings?
That uses an EL blade, doesn't it? That might be difficult to find a replacement for, as no one has used that tech in blades for over a decade. I think you'd be better off having someone convert it over to an in-hilt led, or a pixel strip blade. Either could also be done with sound as well..

retrousse