fiduciary

Author Topic: 3D printed sabers and accesories for 6 inch figures???  (Read 3154 times)

Offline Katarn

• Experienced Force User
3D printed sabers and accesories for 6 inch figures???
« on: December 23, 2015, 11:41:40 AM »
There has to be someplace out there in the interwebs that would be chirning out replacement an or more accurate sabers and blasters for 6 inch or even 3.75 inch figures. I used to avidly collect gi joes, aand there is a site called maraudders that has tons of weapons in the 3.75 or 1/18 scale.
But since the boom of hasbros 6 inch star wars black series, you would think 3d printers would be churning out truckloads of sabers. The series 1 luke x wing pilot figure had a very odd intrpertation of the anh grafex, i had to cut it in half and glue it back together to get the claamp on thhe correct side. So correct/accurate sabers seem like easy money for people with a 3d printer and decent design capability. I would do it but i hve neither.

Tl;dr:
Does anybody know if somebody makes 3d printed sabers for 6 inch scale figures???
Korbanth LS6 Hero PC 1.6 conversion by LDM (next best thing to the MkVI)
TCSS MHS #1 "Coppertop"
Vintage Graflex ANH

Offline onigiri34

• Experienced Force User
  • Swoosh Swoosh that's the sound of the saber!
Re: 3D printed sabers and accesories for 6 inch figures???
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 11:58:50 AM »
Does not exist buddy. Some people sell them on EBAY and all, but prices are so absurd, it makes no sense. I wish there was a distributor who does it for many collectibles, like Figuarts, MAFEX, Bandai etc.

Offline Katarn

• Experienced Force User
Re: 3D printed sabers and accesories for 6 inch figures???
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 09:08:01 AM »
Well, looks like i need to invest some money in a printer an d some time in learning 3d desin programs lol maybe i can corner the market... maybe learn law so the mouse doesnt sue me into oblivion too haha

Oh and i looked on ebay and the best i could find was some replacement blades that glow with black light. Neat, but not quite what i want. Same thing on shapeways. Close but no cigarrrrr
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 09:10:35 AM by Katarn »
Korbanth LS6 Hero PC 1.6 conversion by LDM (next best thing to the MkVI)
TCSS MHS #1 "Coppertop"
Vintage Graflex ANH

retrousse