fiduciary

Author Topic: GCS Darth Bane Limited Run #2  (Read 28349 times)

Offline madcow

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
    • Genesis Custom Sabers
Re: GCS Darth Bane Limited Run #2
« Reply #105 on: June 27, 2013, 12:33:28 PM »
Quick question to anyone:  Does the board automatically go to the prior sound bank if there is no soundtrack in iSaber?   I noticed that when I chose iSaber, nothing played and when I pressed the ignition button, the sound font before iSaber played....

I'm guessing that the soundtrack, Imperial March, was not loaded onto the SD....  I've yet to take out the SD Card.

Imperial March is loaded on isaber with the Bane sabers. It should play automatically when isaber is selected from the menu. If it reboots for whatever reason - it will go to the

iSaber, Imperial March, still does not play automatically; it goes to my previously selected sound bank.

Any thoughts on the matter?

If you have another Micro SD card handy - format it, and then load the contents from the CD. try that. it's possible you have a slow SD card.

I keep staring at these pictures and just admiring the beauty of it. This saber is a great balance of simplicity and functionality to make it a very elegant (but strong) looking saber.

You have an uncanny eye for design, Rob.

Thanks! it's a labour of love for sure.

Offline jedicri

• Master Force User
« Reply #106 on: June 28, 2013, 10:18:48 PM »
Quick question to anyone:  Does the board automatically go to the prior sound bank if there is no soundtrack in iSaber?   I noticed that when I chose iSaber, nothing played and when I pressed the ignition button, the sound font before iSaber played....

I'm guessing that the soundtrack, Imperial March, was not loaded onto the SD....  I've yet to take out the SD Card.

Imperial March is loaded on isaber with the Bane sabers. It should play automatically when isaber is selected from the menu. If it reboots for whatever reason - it will go to the

iSaber, Imperial March, still does not play automatically; it goes to my previously selected sound bank.

If you have another Micro SD card handy - format it, and then load the contents from the CD. try that. it's possible you have a slow SD card.

I'll give this a shot.  Thanks!

Offline Fat Ewok

• Master Force User
    • Gamer Professionals, LLC
« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2013, 10:28:24 PM »

I keep staring at these pictures and just admiring the beauty of it. This saber is a great balance of simplicity and functionality to make it a very elegant (but strong) looking saber.

You have an uncanny eye for design, Rob.

Thanks! it's a labour of love for sure.

I'm totally curious, Rob, do you do anything outside of saber building (besides snowmen slaughter)? Or is saber building the full time career? And yeah, I totally agree your Bane is really a great piece to look at.

Offline Yukiel

• Master Force User
  • LAKES FLOATING IN SPACE!
« Reply #108 on: June 28, 2013, 11:09:22 PM »
I really, really wish I could've made it onto this run. Maybe another day. These all look beautiful.

Am I alive or dead?
rip sabers

Offline Cad-Bayne

• Formerly known as Bayne-Fett
  • Master Force User
  • "Dead or Alive, you’re worth Credits to me"
« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2013, 07:32:49 AM »
This is my experience with one of my  CFv6.1, it is so touchy that it will skip to different font boots and play other fonts.  I finally figured out that for my CF v6 is I needed to format it first and then drag and drop only two completed banks at a time into the SD card.  That was the most amount of bank files I could get away with without having to do one at a time. Once everything was transference over to SD card that was it. I could tweak config files  on the card but that was about it. If I tried to change a boot font later... The CF would beep and chirp every single time.  I would need to reformat every time.  So my advice would be create a file on your computer and save your in saber banks and choose the font and boots you need. Then only when ready... Follow steps above.  Remember, I'm only  speaking  about the quirkiness of one of my CF v6's.  My others are friendly and play along with anything I want to configure or switch around.  I hope my two cents helps with your iSaber. 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 08:13:01 AM by Bayne-Fett »

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2013, 09:10:17 AM »
Save the entire content of the SD card on your PC HD, then copy it to make a back up.
Make changes to the config and other txt files on your HD
Format SD prior to copying
Don't drag and drop the files. copy/paste them. 2 folders at a time. Isaber and menu files last.
CTRL+C =copy
CTRL+V =paste
CTRL+A =all

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Cad-Bayne

• Master Force User
« Reply #111 on: June 29, 2013, 09:44:29 AM »
What he said...

Offline madcow

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
    • Genesis Custom Sabers
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2013, 06:49:13 PM »

If it's a bad SD card let me know and I'll send you a new one.

I'm totally curious, Rob, do you do anything outside of saber building (besides snowmen slaughter)? Or is saber building the full time career? And yeah, I totally agree your Bane is really a great piece to look at.

Thanks!
Sabers have been my full time occupation for almost two years now.

Offline Fat Ewok

• Master Force User
    • Gamer Professionals, LLC
« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2013, 07:01:36 PM »

Thanks!
Sabers have been my full time occupation for almost two years now.

And that is awesome. Seems like you're living the dream over there. ;D Man, what I'd do to get a Genesis elite for myself... :P

Offline jedicri

• Master Force User
« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2013, 10:56:20 AM »

Thanks!  I'll keep you informed.

Offline Darth Monkey

• Force User
  • Smell my finger?
« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2013, 08:51:00 AM »
#15 arrived today!

Honestly Rob this saber is so beautiful. The curved shape feels so good to hold in your hand & its SOOOO LOUD  8)

I'm so glad I managed to get on this run, thanks for doing one!

May need to glue the stand as it is pretty wobbly...if I ever put the saber down that is  ;)

Great work Rob!
FX-Sabers Vintage Graflex ESB CFv4
FX-Sabers Negotiator TPM CFv6
OM/MH Obi-Wan TPM #18 CFv5
SC/VV Qui-Gon TPM #16 CFv5
OM/LDM Double Awesomesauce Maul TPM CFv6
GCS Darth Bane #15 CFv6
LDM Obi-Wan MKIII AFBB/ANH Hybrid PCv2
LDM Lego Saber CSv1
KR/JQ Mace Windu ROTS CSv5 Neopixel
Tri-Cloud/KR Anakin AOTC NBv2
UltimateWorks/SpaceW Dooku AOTC PRIZMv5 Neopixel
VV Luke ROTJ Gen 1 CS4.5 Neopixel
MR/JQ Yoda ROTS CSv3
MR/JQ Vader ESB CSv5
Korbanth Emperor DS3 Proffie Neopixel

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2013, 09:15:33 AM »
Save the entire content of the SD card on your PC HD, then copy it to make a back up.
Don't drag and drop the files. copy/paste them. 2 folders at a time. Isaber and menu files last.
CTRL+C =copy
CTRL+V =paste
CTRL+A =all

is this what we are supposed to do with v6 files? what about v5? i have always done it the old way format card then drag and drop the whole lot in one go and it always works, what is the need to do 2 files at once? or is that just the recomendation?

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline madcow

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
    • Genesis Custom Sabers
« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2013, 12:13:17 PM »
CTRL+C =copy
CTRL+V =paste
CTRL+A =all

is this what we are supposed to do with v6 files? what about v5? i have always done it the old way format card then drag and drop the whole lot in one go and it always works, what is the need to do 2 files at once? or is that just the recomendation?

Jango is right. This is a best practice, and eliminates problems due to a few odd things that computers sometimes do with hidden files etc.

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2013, 01:54:00 PM »
Well, I just received a delivery confirmation via email so I run up to my mail box where we have a community mail room and there is no package >:(  Usually they leave a key in my mailbox that will open a larger locker for packages such as this, but I got no such key.  No package at my front door either >:(

Just got off the phone with the post office and my mail carrier is gone for the day, so all she can do is leave my mail carrier a note for friday (thursday is a holiday).

Needless to say I am VERY ANGRY with the post office right now and quite a bit worried as well.
How hard is it to deliver a package to the proper address?!!
Someone is going to be very surprised if they open my package.  Wish me luck.

Offline Cad-Bayne

• Master Force User
« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2013, 02:00:40 PM »
I know this type of anxiety too well... Fingers will be crossed.

retrousse