fiduciary

Author Topic: GCS Darth Bane Limited Run #2  (Read 28371 times)

Offline Cad-Bayne

• Formerly known as Bayne-Fett
  • Master Force User
  • "Dead or Alive, you’re worth Credits to me"
Re: GCS Darth Bane Limited Run #2
« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2013, 09:11:23 PM »
Oh, now that is just perfect... Pitdroid. Congratulations.

Offline jedicri

• Master Force User
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2013, 09:55:31 PM »
Does it not look like the Bane saber belongs in that niche, simple, with the brown background contrasting the white Krayt bone and silver hilt and the Sanjuro stand not overpowering the presence of the hilt, rather complementing the whole set up.  I love that pic very much!

Offline PitDroid

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2013, 05:34:22 PM »
Thanks guys, it actually does look pretty good on that shelf doesn't it? It doesn't stay up there very much though, every time I look at it, I have to take it down and play with it a while. :D

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2013, 06:03:17 PM »
Yay!  Received shipment notification today  :)
Number 19 is on its way.  I never thought I would actually own one of these rare beasts.

Offline Ratven

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2013, 06:42:30 PM »
These Darth Bane sabers look fantastic.

Offline Turgon

• Master Force User
  • Epic Bear sez " Can I haz two?"
« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2013, 07:41:57 PM »
I am so jealous!

I've broken Juggers in half, smashed their bones, left the ground behind me wet with brains. There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone for any reason other than sticking a dog's skull on a stake.

Offline jedicri

• Master Force User
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2013, 02:02:58 PM »
Got mine a few hours earlier!  Just got in from work... what can I say, I'm giddy as a kid, lol.  Overall impressions and pics to follow but here's one pic to boot; not very good quality as I was in a hurry to shoot it.  It'll suffice for now.  As you can see, I've replaced the screw that holds the tail part of the Krayt bone with what Rob suggested.  I think it looks better that way since I view this saber with elegance but with built-in functionality --- and it makes possible to faster and easily remove move the cover to reveal the crystal chamber.

Offline jedicri

• Master Force User
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2013, 05:54:04 PM »
Re-watching the instructional video, I just realized that the clean version featured is my Bane #16; I could tell by the weathered features on the Krayt bone.  Now this video is even more special to me! ;D ;D ;D

Still enjoying this saber, can't put it down.  I have the Adi on my left hand and the Bane on my right.  Can't get enough of both to stop taking more pics of the Bane.  I will eventually....

All you guys who have yet to receive theirs are in for a real treat!

Offline jedicri

• Master Force User
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2013, 09:42:06 PM »
Quick question to anyone:  Does the board automatically go to the prior sound bank if there is no soundtrack in iSaber?   I noticed that when I chose iSaber, nothing played and when I pressed the ignition button, the sound font before iSaber played....

I'm guessing that the soundtrack, Imperial March, was not loaded onto the SD....  I've yet to take out the SD Card.

Offline Bruce Wayne

• Formerly known as Shadow Walker
  • Experienced Force User
  • I am vengeance. I am the night.
« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2013, 09:53:58 PM »
Quick question to anyone:  Does the board automatically go to the prior sound bank if there is no soundtrack in iSaber?   I noticed that when I chose iSaber, nothing played and when I pressed the ignition button, the sound font before iSaber played....

I'm guessing that the soundtrack, Imperial March, was not loaded onto the SD....  I've yet to take out the SD Card.

I think it does automatically go to the previous sound bank if there's nothing in iSaber, just like it goes back to the previous menu sound after you stop iSaber.  The weird thing is is that I thought the Imperial March came standard with it.  I'm not sure in that regard. 

Offline jedicri

• Master Force User
« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2013, 09:59:59 PM »

I think it does automatically go to the previous sound bank if there's nothing in iSaber, just like it goes back to the previous menu sound after you stop iSaber.  The weird thing is is that I thought the Imperial March came standard with it.  I'm not sure in that regard.

It does come standard.  Rob provided a CD with Bane sound fonts and the Imperial March soundtrack --- but is it loaded? --- that is the question.... 

I was just reading a couple of posts where these members had the same thing happen to them:
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=40182.0
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=39895.0

Erv replies "That's generally the sign no tracks are found. Remember to do copy / paste and no drag and drop when you transfer the file structure to the card."
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 10:05:02 PM by jedicri »

Offline madcow

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
    • Genesis Custom Sabers
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2013, 11:03:06 AM »

Imperial March is loaded on isaber with the Bane sabers. It should play automatically when isaber is selected from the menu. If it reboots for whatever reason - it will go to the previously selected sound bank.

Offline madcow

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
    • Genesis Custom Sabers
« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2013, 11:07:19 AM »
As everyone involved in the run is now aware - I was unable to source the same grip material for the last half of the run sabers after I unexpectedly ran out. I would have preferred all 2nd run sabers to be identical, but since I already shipped several out - this will just add another chapter to the story of the Bane Curved Saber design.

Working on the LAST TWO sabers today and tomorrow. Just awaiting a couple final payments and this run will be completed ahead of schedule!

Offline jedicri

• Master Force User
« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2013, 11:33:58 AM »

Imperial March is loaded on isaber with the Bane sabers. It should play automatically when isaber is selected from the menu. If it reboots for whatever reason - it will go to the

iSaber, Imperial March, still does not play automatically; it goes to my previously selected sound bank.

Any thoughts on the matter?

Offline Professor Huyang

• Formerly known as TyFighter
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2013, 11:42:08 AM »
I keep staring at these pictures and just admiring the beauty of it. This saber is a great balance of simplicity and functionality to make it a very elegant (but strong) looking saber.

You have an uncanny eye for design, Rob.
"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

retrousse