fiduciary

Author Topic: Contempt - an MHS saber. (PIC HEAVY)  (Read 1466 times)

Offline cvsickle

• Force User
  • Avid Saber Enthusiast and Build Attempter
Contempt - an MHS saber. (PIC HEAVY)
« on: November 03, 2018, 08:49:42 AM »
One of my first memories in the saber building community was stumbling on to Rob (madcow) Petkau's YouTube channel. I sat an watched almost every single one of his videos and I was absolutely amazed at the creations he produced. While I most certainly would never be able to afford commissioning a one-off saber from him, seeing his work inspired me to build my own sabers.

My favorite saber design that Rob came up with is his Krayt Rogue design. It's simple, tool-like, and looks like something a grayer Jedi would use. I'm a couple builds/installs into this hobby now, so I wanted to try to make something similar. The saber I came up with is obviously inspired by the Krayt Rogue (as well as his Nord Steel designs). My chassis building can use some work, but I took design cues from Rob's tutorial on using the TCSS chassis discs. Since I've completed this saber, I've started using 3-D printed chassis, but that's what this hobby is about - continuously trying new things to create a higher quality product.

I just want to thank Rob for the inspiration and for everything he's done for the saber building community.

Also, I have no idea how Rob does his "high-on-the-hilt" switches. I'm sure it's more elegant than the method that I came up with, but mine definitely got the job done and I intend to use the same method again.

So here it is: Contempt.

Specs:
 - MHS parts modified by me. The powder coating was done by TCSS, but I did the extra machining and the finishing.
 - CFv9 with CEx.
 - RRGrB Quad Cree from the saber armory. (Reds wired in series for that extra punch on reds, oranges, and yellows)
 - 7.4v 18500 battery pack.
 - SE 28mm base speaker.
 - Custom chassis made with TCSS parts.
 - HM-13 Bluetooth chip for R.I.C.E. Thanks to shtokyd for the tutorial.
 - Etching done by me. I actually made the patterns and cut them out of vinyl to mask the part, but I spliced together pieces of Skyrim's textures to do it. Thanks to Goodman for the tutorial.
 - Saber Bag by defcon4.
 - Blade plug by Darkside Engineering.

Pics:

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
  • Very, Very English Poster
Re: Contempt - an MHS saber. (PIC HEAVY)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 02:27:49 PM »
Awesome use of Nord etching. This Son of Skyrim approves!

And that is a sweet Star Forge bag, too.

...and for some unknown reason, I feel the need to get back to Skyrim and KOTOR...
Better late than never.

Offline cvsickle

• Force User
  • Avid Saber Enthusiast and Build Attempter
Re: Contempt - an MHS saber. (PIC HEAVY)
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 04:51:16 AM »
Awesome use of Nord etching. This Son of Skyrim approves!

And that is a sweet Star Forge bag, too.

...and for some unknown reason, I feel the need to get back to Skyrim and KOTOR...

Thanks! Both great games, to be sure.

retrousse