fiduciary

Author Topic: Crystal Focus 2.5 Documentation & Upgrade?  (Read 3353 times)

Offline Blair

• Force User
  • UK Sabersmith and Collector
    • http://www.blss.info
Crystal Focus 2.5 Documentation & Upgrade?
« on: September 13, 2007, 12:34:49 AM »
Erv,

I'm assuming that my CF Core can't be upgrade to the latest version... 2.5 to 2.61. 

So the big question I have... Can you send me or make available the Manual and Quick Reference for 2.5 again?  I've been silly and never actually downloaded it to my HD.  I've just been opening the docs from your site.  And now that there are new features in the configs, I need the old stuff to ensure I don't try using some feature that doesn't exist on my version.

This is of course not a problem is my first asumption was wrong. :)

Thanks,

~Blair

PS: When is another batch of 2.61 boards going to be available? <wink wink nudge nudge>

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Re: Crystal Focus 2.5 Documentation & Upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 02:31:40 AM »
Well,you might be C. Blair & associates, right ? (just checking)
if so, you got yours in august, so it was I think the last batch of 2.5 I've made,with the most advanced feature (of 2.5). The documentation on the website is there, I've just noticed that the auxreboot is not mentionned in the list of parameters, but it should be there in the memo card.
I've put online the new (2.61) version of the documentation, so there is no risk to get confused.
Your core CAN be upgraded to 2.61 if you send it back to me, for free of course (except shipping)
Erv'

Offline Blair

• Force User
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 02:43:11 AM »
Yeah... that's me.  The one sinking all my earnings. :)

Yeah... I'm actually very happy with my 2.5.  I'm just waiting to grab another core off you for my next project. :)

I've realized that the Manual I was using was labled 2.1 anyhow.

Any chance of still getting a copy of the old "Quick Reference" guide?

Thanks for the upgrade offer... I'll hold you to that someday on a future build.  I've managed to almost hide this core inside my own saber "core" so getting to it would be difficult anyhow.  I'm hoping to design a Core section that will allow future CF Cores to easily "clip in" with only the LED pads being perminantly soldered to a wiring harness.  This would involve clamp joins like on some of the Wii Mod chips.  But I wanted my first saber done faster. :)

~Blair

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 03:07:59 AM »
my fault, for some unknown reasons the new article with the 2.61 documentation made the 2.5 version unlisted on the webpage. It's back !  :)

Offline Blair

• Force User
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 03:19:30 AM »
Thanks...

BTW... your Crystal Focus Core is great!  ;D

I was going to try getting a few different Drivers for my sabers to come... but I would seriously miss the features now that I've seen them.  ;) I'm definately sold on the CF Core for life... at least the money is all staying in the EU!

~Blair

retrousse