fiduciary

Author Topic: Darth Maul TPM Review By Eric A. Patterson Jr  (Read 36085 times)

Offline The Abbot

• Master of the Jar'Kai Style
  • Master Force User
  • Lajedi.com ,Force-Fx.com Founder
    • http://www.Force-Fx.com
Darth Maul TPM Review By Eric A. Patterson Jr
« on: March 23, 2006, 12:04:06 AM »
Darth Maul TPM Review By Eric A. Patterson Jr

Here is the link to the review and pics..enjoy and MTYBWY.

DARTH MAUL TPM FORCE FX REVIEW

« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 04:21:15 AM by Kit Fisto »
LaserBlade:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/laserblade/id608879483?mt=8

The poster formerly known as Kit Fisto. Creator of the Force-FX sig style. Master of the 2 saber staff style way before Pong Krell

Offline Darth Pantsless

• Master Force User
  • He's a scoundrel, you'd like him
Re: Darth Maul TPM Review By Eric A. Patterson Jr
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 01:00:41 AM »
hmm........ doesn't sound too bad.

I like the bit about "a real red blade" and don't really think the sounds being the same as vaders will put me off that much. I don't really remember hearing mauls saber in the movie.

could be a good saber to have, especially as a double.

As a single its a bit unrecognizable compared to the others so you could pretend it's an EU saber, maybe from the kotor era

Offline The Abbot

• Master of the Jar'Kai Style
  • Master Force User
  • Lajedi.com ,Force-Fx.com Founder
    • http://www.Force-Fx.com
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 01:50:52 AM »
. I don't really remember hearing mauls saber in the movie.

Darth Maul Vs. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan Video.
LaserBlade:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/laserblade/id608879483?mt=8

The poster formerly known as Kit Fisto. Creator of the Force-FX sig style. Master of the 2 saber staff style way before Pong Krell

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 05:02:02 AM »
Still sounds like a SITH saber to me...

But I do think they could have tweaked it slightly and maybe added the clash sounds you hear when fighting
Obiwan at the end...

As far as the "helicopter effect" I'd imagine you'll get that when spinning them around together... just do it slowly enough
that the motion sensors kick in ;)

I bet that when putting the 2 together the sounds reverberate off each other it will sound different than a typical Vader.

If they were "real" they would all make their own inherent sound according to Crystal Type.
So the way I see it...
Red Blades make a their own sound (Dooku,Vader,Maul & Sidious)
Blue Blades make a their own sound (Anakin ROTS/Luke ESB-ANH are basically the same saber)
Green Blades make a their own sound (Luke ROTJ similar to Anakin but deeper/Lounder due to Hilt construction)
Purple Blades make a their own sound (Mace Sounds Different)

I'm just glad to see more Sabers from MR period :)
The Obiwan ROTS I'd assume will have either the Anakin Sounds or Mace...

But if they do get around to doing the Quigon and Obiwan from TPM.
There would be no excuse for them not to develop at least one new sound board ::)

Here's Hoping :D

Offline fallenjedi

• Force User
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 05:29:36 AM »
WOW the blades freakin' red thats nice! so MR did'nt change the sound? atleast its a beautiful saber, can't wait to see it in person :)

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
  • They used to call me Sifo-Dyas
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 08:15:45 AM »
MMMMMMM after watching the video the Maul has different sounds than the Vader!  Nice review by the way but it doesnt make me want to jump off the couch call Borders and put my reserve back, the sounds to me are a turn off, which is why I will wait until the saber is discounted like all the other sabers.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 08:32:46 AM »
I want to see someone do some hard dueling to see if they made it...more durable, lol :P

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 09:56:50 AM »
I am so going to get this, possibly double maul afterall  :o

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 12:00:46 PM »
Two things I like about the Darth Maul Fx saber

1.  New box kicks xxx
2.  More of Red blade color

Things I dont like about the Maul

1.  NO IMPROVEMENT ON THE SOUNDS THANKS MR.

I am done discussing this saber.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 12:09:54 PM »
Two things I like about the Darth Maul Fx saber

1.  New box kicks xxx
2.  More of Red blade color

Things I dont like about the Maul

1.  NO IMPROVEMENT ON THE SOUNDS THANKS MR.

I am done discussing this saber.

Even though it doesn't do anything for me, there ARE things that I do like design wise :

1. Blade color is a true RED rather than RED/ORANGE (Me and Sifo Dyas seem to concur on this)

2. Even smaller circumference hilt thanks to AAA batteries VS AA's

Big thumbs down for MR re-hashing Vader sounds in a non-Vader saber. That really blows chunks, MR. :-\

10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 12:32:37 PM »
Its amazing but when I found the Luke ROTJ 2005 had the same sounds but at different pitches than the Anakin ROTS I wasn't to depressed about it I figured since its a re-release it would have the same characteristics it did before but with a green LED blade, I guess I am more bothered about the Maul since its the latest and greatest of the Fx-sabers, true somethings did change about the saber, hilt accuracy, overall size and the battery size, more of Reddish color (although I think the Vader is RED, not a RED-ORANGE that some think), another SITH saber.  So what I am getting at is MR did well in hyping the saber and marketing, I was one of those that salavated about the pics at TOYFAIR and I quickly grabbed the phone, called Borders, hey man reserve me two of those bad boys, oh yeah.  But now that someone has mentioned the Vader and Maul sound the same, I feel that my train has derailed, my heart has sank, ETC, so I am left with the feeling that the Obi Wan might be my next saber instead of the Darth Vaul, sorry Darth Maul.  I know that members in here will tell me to shut up!!!!!     LOL

Offline darthmaddy

• formerly known as Darth Malak
  • Master Force User
  • BATMAUL
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 12:40:14 PM »
We had been waiting for this since we got our LED ROTJs.  MR really peepeed in my cornflakes.
I'm not wearing hockey pads.

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 12:42:07 PM »
Yeah, I had a bad feeling it was gonna have the Vader sounds.

The Obi-wan is the one that I am waiting on now, I have all the FX's that I want for the moment, so it's safe to say that I won't be buying another FX till the Obi-wan comes out.

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 12:44:01 PM »
Well maybe down the road I might buy it, I say MIGHT, after the hype or people finding out the sounds are the same and watch the price drop, this saber is the first that hasn't made me save some cash or pay a bill late just to get it.  Maybe that is why I attacking this saber, its a disappointment as far as I am concered

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 12:46:49 PM »
Atleast with the Obi Wan you know it will have almost the same sounds as the Anakin ROTS, watch the movie the both sound the same, after this I hope MR doesnt make a Sidious or a Dooku Fx, great sabers but having the same sounds would be another waste

retrousse