fiduciary

Author Topic: Personal Custom Saberfont issues. :(  (Read 1906 times)

Offline MarkHoofman

• No Force
  • "I am a jedi, like my father before me..."
Personal Custom Saberfont issues. :(
« on: September 25, 2017, 05:39:28 PM »
Hello, Saber Community!

As some of you may know from some of the FaceBook groups, I make custom saber fonts. So far I've only released 2, "Luke's Fury" (An 100% Screen Accurate Luke ROTJ Font.) and "Inception" (An Obi-Wan ROTS font I made for Roman's Inception hilt.) that can only be purchased through PayPal. (Becoming an affiliate on saberfont.com is pretty complicated.)

People have bought both these fonts, though some have unfortunately been having issues. Specifically with the NEC versions of these fonts. Plector may have some issues as well, considering Shameem is going to be using my Luke's Fury font on his V2, I need to know from those with years of experience in crafting saber fonts if there are any problems with these fonts before Shameem puts my font on his saber!

I don't have a Plector or NEC board to try these fonts on yet, so I need those with those boards to test them out and if possible fix them so I don't have to worry when selling these fonts to others. (Yes you can keep the fonts for free, BUT you need to have experience and have physical proof of your experience.)

I really need your guys help.

Thank you, and may the force be with you!

Offline Forgetful Jedi Knight

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The old Jedi Master also commonly known as FJK
Re: Personal Custom Saberfont issues. :(
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 07:05:48 PM »
So why don’t you just buy the two boards in question? TCSS sells Plecter Labs boards, and NEC sells theirs. I would recommend you get the highest end board of each, so you can work on ALL of your font sounds for each board.

May the force be with you all!

Remember... speak softly and carry a well constructed light saber! :)

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

Offline Darth PJs

• Force User
  • Don't Question R2-D2's street cred!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 12:59:19 PM »
Hello, Saber Community!

As some of you may know from some of the FaceBook groups, I make custom saber fonts. So far I've only released 2, "Luke's Fury" (An 100% Screen Accurate Luke ROTJ Font.) and "Inception" (An Obi-Wan ROTS font I made for Roman's Inception hilt.) that can only be purchased through PayPal. (Becoming an affiliate on saberfont.com is pretty complicated.)

People have bought both these fonts, though some have unfortunately been having issues. Specifically with the NEC versions of these fonts. Plector may have some issues as well, considering Shameem is going to be using my Luke's Fury font on his V2, I need to know from those with years of experience in crafting saber fonts if there are any problems with these fonts before Shameem puts my font on his saber!

I don't have a Plector or NEC board to try these fonts on yet, so I need those with those boards to test them out and if possible fix them so I don't have to worry when selling these fonts to others. (Yes you can keep the fonts for free, BUT you need to have experience and have physical proof of your experience.)

I really need your guys help.

Thank you, and may the force be with you!

Sound fonts can be tricky!  It does take awhile to get your fonts listed on Saberfont.com, but it is worth it.  I would take a look at your fonts if you wish.  As for physical proof, what would you need?  I don't have any VHS tapes to record on and send you!  :wink:

I would also suggest investing in the soundboards so you can test them as well.  I have two sabers set up just for testing fonts (one for NEC and one for Plecter) as the fonts will need tweaking for each platform.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 01:01:41 PM by Darth PJs »

Offline MarkHoofman

• No Force
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 04:40:53 PM »
It's mostly just having smooth and clean transitions for all the sounds in the fonts since I've noticed some are having issues with a constant clicking sound playing after each sound. NEC's a different story, but I think it may be a problem with the customers end rather than mine.

Send me an email asap at goldenscorpion80000@yahoo.com

Offline Darth PJs

• Force User
  • Don't Question R2-D2's street cred!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 08:36:53 PM »
It's mostly just having smooth and clean transitions for all the sounds in the fonts since I've noticed some are having issues with a constant clicking sound playing after each sound. NEC's a different story, but I think it may be a problem with the customers end rather than mine.

Send me an email asap at goldenscorpion80000@yahoo.com

I attempted to email you, however I kept receiving a failure to deliver notice. Please check to see if your email address is correct. Thanks!

Offline MarkHoofman

• No Force
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 08:47:26 PM »
It's correct. Just give me you're email since others are having this problem too.

retrousse