fiduciary

Author Topic: Aviaton Connector  (Read 781 times)

Offline Fletch

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Aviaton Connector
« on: August 16, 2017, 03:29:00 PM »
Just saw your video using the Teensy board for controlling the effects of the lightsaber.  AWESOME!  I have read through the build instructions and I do not understand the copper tubing and the aviation connector.  You show a sort of twist lock feature on the copper tube but I don't know how this works with the connector.  Further, from the pictures it would appear that your aviation connector is different than the one that you reference from Amazon.  Could you show some more pics of this part of the build (if you have them).  Thanks!!

Offline profezzorn

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • May the source be with you.
    • Hubbe's Corner
Re: Aviaton Connector
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 05:00:24 PM »
I suspect that this question is meant for me, even though it's a general forum and doesn't specify who you're asking anywhere.

The "twist lock" feature you're talking about, is from this page, right?

LED star adapter

It's not a twist lock, it's just a way for the 3d-printed key to get the adapter out of the hilt.
The adapter is probably not what you want. neopixel-based blades are much cooler, and described on different pages.
The blade connector shown on that page, is only the insert from the aviation connector, there isn't enough room in
the star adapter to fit the casing.

What you probably want is to check out one of these instructions instead:
PL9823 blade
LED strip blade

I also highly recommend buying a TeensySaber V2 instead of building the V1 electronics. It's smaller, easier to put together and can do all the stuff the V1 electronics can do.

If I have misunderstood what your question is about completely, I apologize, but make sure you post links to the thing you have questions about next time.

Offline Fletch

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 03:05:26 PM »
Sorry...I don't post a lot.  Yes, I have the right person addressing the question.  I think I understand now, it was just a little confusing as I have never used aviation connectors before.  We are going to use the Teensy Saber board and just placed an order with OSH along with some Teensy boards.  I thought it would be fun to have a project for me and my co-workers to try and build a "custom" lightsaber for as little money as possible while still having a high quality sound experience.  We want to do this before the next Star Wars movie comes out.
So trying to decide on a common electrical platform was the first order of business.  We stumbled onto your video and webpage describing the build and we are on our way.  Anyway, we will post some pics of our creations when we are done.  Thanks again for all your work and willingness to share with the rest of us.

Offline profezzorn

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • May the source be with you.
    • Hubbe's Corner
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 05:50:10 PM »
Feel free to post questions if you guys need any help.
Right now, the best place to do so is probably in one of these threads:

Announcing the Teensy Saber open source sound board (for V1 electronics questions)
Announcing TeensySaber V2 (for V2 electronics questions)
TeensySaber Software Discussion (for TeensySaber software questions)

If you just want to show of what you're doing and post some pictures, usually the right way is to start a new thread in here:
Saber Modifications & Customs

retrousse