fiduciary

Author Topic: My first lightsaber!  (Read 855 times)

Offline Thren Varda

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
My first lightsaber!
« on: June 22, 2017, 03:25:29 PM »
Ok, so I'm sure about a thousand posts have been made before just like this, but I had a few questions I was hoping you guys could help me with. So yesterday I received my very first lightsaber. TRI Green Consular with premium sound from Ultrasabers. Very happy with it, but before I start messing around with connecting it to my computer to change font etc. I wanted to make sure I'm not going to mess anything up!

Firstly, when connecting it to my computer should I have the batteries in or out?

Do I need a program to change the fonts or is it as simple as copying files?

Also I wanted to know if I should be taking the batteries out when I won't be using the saber for a while as I heard that leaving them in can stuff up the soundboard?

Any advice is greatly appreciated, TIA :)

Offline bruno1067

• Padawan Learner
  • Size matters not
Re: My first lightsaber!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 04:07:48 PM »
My first saber was an US too (unfortunately, but anyway!) but it's been a while since last time I turned it on. From what I can remember:

I never removed the batteries when connecting it with my computer (I think you can't mess with the config if you do, but I may be wrong)

Last time I checked you needed an app to change the sound fonts. You can find some on their website or their forum. If you want some from the saberfont.com, you'll need to convert the files after you buy them. (There is a tutorial here Audacity Tutorial: formatting for saber sounds (picture heavy) - SABER SOUND )

And I find it's a good practice to always remove the batteries if you don't plan to turn it on for an extended period.

Offline Darth PJs

• Force User
  • Don't Question R2-D2's street cred!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 09:42:30 PM »
I would suggest asking on the US forum as that company is not looked upon most favorably here. Thanks!

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 07:19:01 AM »
Discussion of Ultrasabers products and services on this forum is prohibited.  Please see here for details: Conflicts of Interest and other Selling Notices. *Everyone NEEDS to read this*

retrousse