fiduciary

Author Topic: VIII  (Read 9482 times)

Offline Psab Keel

• Master Force User
Re: VIII
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2016, 11:22:59 PM »
I know Han is just about everyone's favorite character and while I do enjoy him, Luke has always been the heart of Star Wars to me, so to see him again now as the Master Jedi will be a thrill.

Very much looking forward to seeing where they take the character when episode 8 comes out.

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2016, 05:39:35 PM »
If that's your thing, then more power to you.  Eye candy couldn't make up for trite dialog and a story that moved like molasses in January.

I dunno J, so long as there's no mention of sand in VIII, how bad could it be??

;)

Not sand, junk!!! Rey: "I hate junk. Its greasy, rusty, and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here eveything is soft and smooth and green." LOLZ!

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
RomanProps Inception Elite
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
Korbanth Graflex v2.0 (Finn-flex)
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
Pachstore Shadowblade (SWR Darksaber)
VyleOne TCW Asajj Ventress (3-D printed, 1:1)
VyleOne TCW Pre-Viszla Darksaber (3-D printed, 1:1)
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2016, 01:10:35 AM »
I have to believe Episode VIII will be better than VII...I have to... *prays*

I think we will find out if Luke has his ROTJ saber in VIII...or something completely new. Since Ren's saber wont be new anymore maybe Luke's saber will be. Maybe Episode VIII will be where the 'wampa tooth saber' concept art will make it to an actual prop onscreen appearance? I just hope they don't do something as ludicrous as the Ren 'Stupidsaber' [tm] again like give Luke light-nunchucks [because his robot hand is made of phrik-cortosis alloy to hold light-chucks with doncha know?] LOLOL

Sorry I am just scared of how much more 'dumbing down' and/or infantilizing the Evil House Of Mouse can do to SW...good God pleeeeease just keep Force-sensitive rodentia, anatidae and canids away [you just know they wont be satisified til they sneak the Mouse Club into the trilogy somewhere] pleeeeeeease...
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Drewbacca

• Padawan Learner
  • Fly Casual
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2016, 09:57:12 AM »
Really excited to see where this next Star Wars will go.. let the hype begin! I just really hope Luke doesn't get killed off  :embarrassed:
Fly Casual.

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2016, 11:40:58 AM »
In many ways, Ep 7 was a homage to Ep 4 ANH. I believe that Ep 8 will be similar to Ep 5  ESB, a darker story that ups the overall danger, with more risk and loss. Likely with a  cliff hanger ending again.

Luke will obviously have a major part and I certainly hope the ole V2 is back and intact, with the same green blade and ignition sound.The story takes place some 30 years later, so it won't surprise me if Luke's saber has some slightly modified design cues, but I hope it's just the same, heavily worn, weathered V2!

I did like the new ignition sound of the graflex in Ep 7,but is very different from how it sounded in ANH and ESB.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 11:43:32 AM by sithslayer1 »

Offline TheSaberCore

• Force User
  • Every saber has a core.
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2016, 02:13:14 PM »
In many ways, Ep 7 was a homage to Ep 4 ANH. I believe that Ep 8 will be similar to Ep 5  ESB, a darker story that ups the overall danger, with more risk and loss. Likely with a  cliff hanger ending again.

Luke will obviously have a major part and I certainly hope the ole V2 is back and intact, with the same green blade and ignition sound.The story takes place some 30 years later, so it won't surprise me if Luke's saber has some slightly modified design cues, but I hope it's just the same, heavily worn, weathered V2!

I did like the new ignition sound of the graflex in Ep 7,but is very different from how it sounded in ANH and ESB.
I'd imagine Luke will have his ROTJ lightsaber, there is lots of TFA concept art with the Hero saber (no V2  as far as I've seen :cry: )
I think Rey will use the Graflex for now, but maybe later make her own like Luke.
"Luke."

"The Belonging you seek is not behind you, it is ahead."

Offline Habbena

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • "I See You Have Constructed a New Lightsaber"
    • Illuminated Saber Design and Concepts
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2016, 03:32:09 PM »

I actually think there will be something fresh with Episode 8, rather than a story that imitates ESB.  The biggest knock on Episode 7 is that it was too derivative of Episode 4 (I loved the film, but it was very much an homage to ANH).   I really want something that isn't really derivative of ESB.  Plus, Episode 7 ended on perhaps the biggest cliffhanger of all 7 films.  Trying to have any big "twist" like the "Father" moment will likely come across as contrived.    Rian Johnson seems to be a real sharp screenwriter.  There will have to be a hook to bring everybody back for Episode 9, of course.  I think Rian has the chops to balance honoring the previous movies while doing something bold and fresh.   Right now, my hope is they focus on a really good story with high stakes narratives that take us to new themes, conflicts, etc. 

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2016, 08:51:25 PM »
I hope for that too. I don't think a 'twist' is necessary...just write that "really good story with high stakes narratives that take us to new themes, conflicts, etc" and there won't be any need for a 'hook' to get people to come back for Episode 9.

In the end ALL they really need to do is give us better writing than in the Epic Phail that was TFA and we'll be happy to love Episode 8 and 9.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Habbena

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • "I See You Have Constructed a New Lightsaber"
    • Illuminated Saber Design and Concepts
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2016, 09:19:53 PM »
I hope for that too. I don't think a 'twist' is necessary...just write that "really good story with high stakes narratives that take us to new themes, conflicts, etc" and there won't be any need for a 'hook' to get people to come back for Episode 9.

In the end ALL they really need to do is give us better writing than in the Epic Phail that was TFA and we'll be happy to love Episode 8 and 9.

Rian is supposed to be writing the treatment for 9, so that bodes well for a good "2 part finale" (episodes 8-9)  One thing I am concerned about is the possibility of them moving away from the Trilogy format.   The wanting to milk a franchise by extending narratives beyond what they demand is common these day.  Given the popularity of the new characters, I fear the step of turning the coming episodes into an open ended saga, rather than tight self contained trilogy narratives.   

The most promising narrative thread I see in this Trilogy is Kylo Ren's fight against the temptation of "the light."  It is an interesting angle that hasn't been explored in the saga and could prove to be riveting if expanded and properly handled

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2016, 11:44:53 AM »
Even more dismaying with modern 'franchise milking' is when the greedy studios decide to split the 'last episode' of [what should be] a trilogy into two 'pieces' for a cheapshot cash-grab e.g. Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1 and Part 2 and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 and Part 2 so they could get the tweens to PAY TWICE for the finales.

IF the Evil House Of Mouse were to make the Sequel Trilogy finale into 'SW Episode IX [insert name] Part 1 and Part 2' to rip us off similarly then I would absolutely BOYCOTT the theatrical release and urge everyone I know to do likewise.

Offline Psab Keel

• Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2016, 11:28:20 PM »
Peter Jackson's Hobbit Trilogy was a prime example of taking a simple adventure story with heart and creating a bloated CGI love fest that ran about 6 1/2 hours too long.  The worst part of it was that the protagonist (whose name is the title of the movie) took a back seat to everything and everyone else in the trilogy.  What a waste too because Martin Freeman was a great casting choice.

As long as 8 and 9 try to not just remake Empire and Jedi I will be happy.  I get WHY Disney made the choices they did for TFA but now that we've established the new cast and setting it's time they really start to develop it.

Offline ken

• Force User
  • in my experience there is no such thing as luck
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2016, 07:03:14 PM »
at least we have rouge one to look forward to until VIII comes out  :grin: :grin:
cant wit for that
http://

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2017, 11:07:12 AM »

Offline minorhero

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2017, 11:42:26 AM »
Spoiler alert

Does anyone have a good picture of Been Solo's blue lightsaber? You see it in the flashback for only a split second. It looked to have blue vertical "windows" around the emitter.

Offline StaticVizjerei

• No Force
  • I put a shock to your system!
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2017, 12:20:46 PM »

retrousse