fiduciary

Author Topic: For Sale  (Read 6408 times)

Offline Darksaber 3

• Master Force User
Re: Interest Thread: Items to be Listed in the next couple of days
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 10:02:49 PM »
Well, I, for one, might be interested in the Ultrafire Li-ion charger and the 14500 cells, pending price and whether they are protected, etc... I'll just wait and see on prices for it all.

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
Re: For Sale
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 06:40:34 AM »
Prices put up for most items.

Will have to wait for pictures, if they are needed.

The Ravager and the Case, I still have not decided a price for yet.  I'll see if I can find a link to the pics awhile ...

Offline Sidd

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 08:03:48 AM »
PM sent about some Oppressor Parts
User requested permanent ban 03/14/14

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 12:06:32 PM »
Prices put up for most items.

Will have to wait for pictures, if they are needed.

The Ravager and the Case, I still have not decided a price for yet.  I'll see if I can find a link to the pics awhile ...

For anyone interested here is the link I found in Do-clo's portofolio for the ravager - http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=8200.0

Time will bring the real end of our trial.  One day they'll be no remnants

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 08:02:26 PM »
Thanks a bunch Nartules for finding that.  I had plans to have Don add a "Mara Jade" style grip on this and rework the emitter into something more sinister, but instead I'll let it up to someone to modify to their tastes.

Pictures of the Case are around here somewhere too.  I'll look for those in the morning.

Guys, I just got home from work.  It's 11:00pm EST and I'm really tired and stink to high heaven.  I will respond to everyone's pms in the order they were, and if there are people inquiring about similar items, it will go first-come-first-serve.

Offline Snake-Eyes

• Experienced Force User
  • Si vis pacem, para bellum
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 09:25:28 PM »
Pictures of the Case are around here somewhere too.  I'll look for those in the morning.

Here's the link to the case pictures from Cin Drallig...  *ahem* I mean, Han Solo.   8)
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=7678.msg123046#msg123046

Best of luck to you, DR.  To you and your family at home, from your "family" here...

Never under-estimate the Will and Ingenuity of the Oppressed...

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2010, 01:22:18 AM »
I'm wondering.  did this individual take your money and then 'push you out'  ???  or did he simply decide to go ahead without you(r cash)?

either way, it sounds like a stab in the back.   it sucks when people don't honor their own word.   if I were you, I'd be pissed too...

....but if I were you, I'm not sure that I would sell off all my stuff, based on the indiscretions of a single "individual".

in my experience, MOST of the people involved in the hobby are decidedly more honorable, than this one "individual" has revealed himself to be.

my advice:  don't do anything you'll regret later.  don't sell the Shrine.   if it troubles you to look at it, then box it up and get it out of sight (out of mind).  if you still feel the same way in a month, then let it go;  if not, then unpack the boxes, and set things to right.

I have fond memories of Master Replicas, circa 2002-2007(RIP)  :(   I love my Vader Bucket.   I won mine, playing trivia with Amy.
that , in itself, makes it special.   and that wouldn't change, regardless of a(ny) unscrupulous "individual".

that type of "individual" can be found everywhere, afterall.   from the dealer who ripped me off on my first car, to the contractor who ripped me off on my home renovation.   :-\ I refuse to give those people the upper hand. 

don't let this guy ruin something you care about, or he will win out in the end.  remind yourself of WHY you built your shrine in the first place.  I'll bet,  it had nothing to do with anyone else but yourself.   (you weren't out to impress anybody.  you did it to satisfy your own passion for something intrinsically cool.  much like my own MR display: anyone who doesn't like it can 'kiss my shiny metal xxx').   :-*

I've been burned on props before too..   but that didn't sour my collection.   (instead I just lost faith in humanity ;) bwahaha!)
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010, 09:13:16 AM »
No Wedge, no money was lost.  I had it sitting a bank account waiting as the finalized steps were to be taken from about April when I was first told the finished product would be ready soon.  These were supposed to be done for Celebration V.

I'm not sure where the mix up occurred and frankly at this point am not really concerned about the "little details" that I might be missing.  I really don't want to focus on that as it makes me even more irritated.  I know that I was the front man helping to promote this product at the 501st Sith Lords and it was originally a project discussed between myself and another partner who decided they didn't want to be the point of contact.  There was supposed to be 10 sabers made, and I had obtained 7 people's definite interest on a list once they saw actual photos of the end product.  I discovered the other day pictures of the end product were listed IN my thread on the 501st and being sold by the machinist DIRECTLY which was not supposed to have happened.  The project was to be handled by me and my partner.  I wasn't even given the decency of being told about the pictures being posted in MY thread on the 501st, on a project that was initiated by me.

I don't do business that way.  I wasn't raised that way.  I think its quite underhanded, regardless of the "reasoning".  And I know the person visits this forum and doesn't even have the intestinal fortitude to shoot me a pm or email explaining.

What happened, I have no clue.  And honestly, it's not the first time I've gotten screwed over in the hobby and I guess I want to make sure its the last time because I don't like the way certain people conduct their self.  Many people here are very altruistic in nature and do great things for people out of the kindness of their heart.  I commend those people.  Others are worse in nature than some people that were on the opposing end of my rifle in the Marines.

I guess it's the course of nature, I don't know.

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2010, 02:04:28 AM »
Sorry to hear that, Mr. Raijin. I can't do anything about your situation, but I can do this:

*patpats*

Added you to the Patpat and Prayer List. :)

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2010, 12:51:28 PM »
Updated first page with items Sold and Pending.

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 10:15:40 PM »
OT (?) -- has anyone ever seen the last airbender (cartoon series)?  the main villain is prince zuko.  
he has been banished from his kingdom and stripped of his "honor".  he is told, the only way to regain this "honor",
is to perform a certain task.

-->  in the end he reailzes that "honor" is NOT something that can be given (nor taken away) ;
"honor" is something you earn for yourself, by striving to do 'the right thing'.  
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 10:42:29 PM by WEDGE ANTILLES »
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2010, 11:16:39 PM »
Excuse the OT reply to the "OT (?)" but imo Wedge that results from a common misunderstanding and conflation of "honours" - external recognition and esteem that can be given or taken away by others, with "Honour" - an attribute of personal character that cannot be be given nor taken by others because it is part of personal Integrity, only held to or abandoned through personal free will choice.

For example if one discovered the Higgs Field [the real life 'Force' responsible for Mass which among other things 'binds the galaxy together'] then one would almost certainly be "honoured" with the Nobel Prize for Physics, the highest of scientific "honours"...if however while one was in Stockholm being "honoured" by the Nobel Comittee one were to cheat on ones spouse, break into the hotel safe, and/or murder a tour guide, then ones Honour would be severely self-compromised or destroyed despite receiving "honours" from one's peers.

Ultimately the only true Honour is the one that each of us and 'God' alone knows: the Honour within ourself, which for as long as one doesnt compromise it oneself can never be 'taken' by anyone.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2010, 06:28:41 AM »
Obi pommel sold.  Some still on hold.

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2010, 10:06:19 AM »
Items are still available:

1)  Lux III R/O MLS
2)  Imperial Knight Pommel
3)  The Ravager - Do Clo saber
4)  Ravager Case
5)  Ravager, Case, and two blades combo (Do Clo and UltraSabers)
6)  Mace Soundboard
7)  Hyperdyne SaberSD Soundboard
8)  Corbin V2 Driver - Momentary
9)  Heiland Synchronar
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 06:46:23 PM by Darth Raijlin »

Offline cannibal869

• I dub thee Darth..........Lecter.
  • Master Force User
  • NUCLEAR POWERED JEDI at work!!!
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2010, 11:02:31 AM »
I call dibs on the hyperdyne sd card! ;D