fiduciary

Author Topic: Thin Neck Saber Build: CFX Blade Detection  (Read 207 times)

Offline obi_ave

• No Force
  • hello
Thin Neck Saber Build: CFX Blade Detection
« on: June 12, 2021, 06:53:30 PM »
Hello! I am currently working on building a thin neck neopixel saber, the Luke v3 I’ve had since 2017, and I have been trying to figure out how to set up blade detection.

More specifically, my build involves two sets of neopixel connectors so that the chassis can be removed easily. I’m going to be using the CFX, and I was hoping I could set it up in a way where it starts on sound font 1 when the chassis is out of the saber, have it switch to sound font 2 when it gets connected inside the hilt, and finally switch to a third different font when I attach the blade. Is this possible?

If it can be done, how would I go about setting it up? Both wiring-wise and settings-wise.

Also, this is a side question that is somewhat related: I am figuring out a way to make the chassis fully modular by making the clamp card buttons be in a removable holder that uses Shtok’s speaker pins and pcb. I believe this can be done (I’ll know for sure once I test it), so this also means it could technically be possible to have it set up to make a sound when I attach or detach the clamp holder from the pcbs on the chassis right? How would that be done?

I know it all has something to do with resistors, I read as much in the CFX manual, but I’m having a hard time wrapping my brain around how to make it all work in my build.

Thank you for any help you’re able to give!

retrousse