fiduciary

Author Topic: CFX Power Cutting Out  (Read 448 times)

Offline DMH117

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
CFX Power Cutting Out
« on: December 17, 2020, 06:59:17 PM »
I've been having a slight problem with my saber since it was upgraded with the CFX sound board. It's a RGB Vector from Genesis Custom Sabers. I use nothing but sound fonts from JuanSith. For some reason, after clashing the saber a bit and then trying to power off the saber causes the LEDs to cut out but the hum sound effect keeps going. I can't do anything with the saber until I take the battery out and put it back in. Sometimes the power just cuts out completely, both the LEDs and the sound, instead of powering off like normal. I have the font config files in the folders for each font. I've wiped my SD card clean several times and even got a new SD card but it's still having issues functioning  normally. Help? I do remove some of the .wav files for extra blaster, force and power on sounds effects if I don't like them. Could that be causing some issues? Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
Re: CFX Power Cutting Out
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 07:06:42 PM »
Test it with the stock sd package from Erv’s site and see if you experience the issues. If not, it’s font related, if you still see this behavior, it’s board/wiring related.

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 11:09:16 PM »
probably a font issue, like using polyphonic hum in a monophonic font or something like this. Check also missing sounds likes pwroff2.wav. You'll find that debug info in the logs

Offline DMH117

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 02:27:44 PM »
I just wiped the SD card and started over. I made sure that the pwroff2.wav and poweronf.wav files were present in all of the fonts because they were not before from what I recall. So far, the saber is working perfectly yet again. Thanks for the tip! It did the trick!

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2020, 03:25:55 PM »
excellent news

retrousse