fiduciary

Author Topic: The Different Types of Lightsabers...which is right for you?  (Read 26944 times)

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
Re: The Different Types of Lightsabers...which is right for you?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2006, 05:11:59 AM »
Hello there Darth Matth

Yes the Hyperdyne blade is aproximately twice as heavy as a stock MR.
They are compareable in weight to a Thickwalled Polycarbonate blade in weight because they use 2 tubes.

The Complete V2 setups with Battery and charger are aproximately $485.00 EACH plus shipping.
You'll definitely want to visit the hyperdyne site and read up on it because it requires proper installation.

If you include the Anakin And Vader hilts at or around $75 each at their cheapest.
Alog with about $1000 for electronics for both.

Well you can see it will add up quickly :D

Be sure you really decide it's for you before spending that kind of money.
Asses your installation skills and how you plan to use them. 8)

MTFBWY
always
YODA

Offline PhoenixDarksider

• No Force
  • The force is an abyss thats depths cant be reached
    • Myspace Role Play Account
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 01:31:33 AM »
good to know.
"Peace is for the women, and the weak. Empires are forged by war."

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 12:01:55 AM »
I've updated the first post in this thread with the info about the Sound systems from Ultra and Plecter ;)

Offline Drahcir Kram

• No Force
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2010, 09:06:19 AM »
Hi there folks .. Master Yoda  \m/

I'm very new here, but not to the desire of owning a 'real' Lightsaber. 33 yrs and counting, or perhaps ever since I had a huge plastic hollow tubed ESB Vader saber (when I was 7). I never really felt it did my imagination justice and I prefered to use an aluminium torch with a circlular wooden fence pole I'd painted blue .. stuck in the end, held with carpet tape.

After recently discovering MakotoTsai's videos on YouTube, I have to have one. But I want to make sure I understand the difference in the blades correctly.

Am I right in thinking, with a Luxeon LED .. You won't get the 'powering on/off' effect as it's only a single LED source ? But you do have the option of altering the colour. Plus this appears to be the brightest.

So presumably, the other 2 types of LED do allow the 'power on/off' 'saber up/down' effect but are not as bright ? Is that right ?  Also, are these able to vary in colour ?

In some of Makoto's videos, I was unsure if he was comparing his newest blade to the standard MR blade or the different types of LED

I hope you can help, many thanks

MTFBWY  \m/

Offline djobitwan7

• Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2010, 10:39:24 AM »
@ Drahcir. Here's the breakdown a bit.

Luxeon LED's don't have the ramp effect like MR/Hasbro/ Makototsai LED strips do. Makoto's method is brighter compared to MR & Hasbro, but not necessarily for Luxeon LED. There are LEDengine 10watt or 15 watt engines that are very bright. I have 2 of the 10 watts (Green and Purple).

The major difference is when you duel with the blades. Since the Luxeon shoots up the empty tube, you can buy a heavy blade and pound on it to your hearts content and not worry about breaking any electronics (LED's). If you duel using MR/Hasbro or Makoto's method, then each individual LED's will possibly wink out and then you'd have to replace those ones to bring the brightness back up to it's original glory.

I forgot to add Hyperdyne to this, but it is the same as MR/Hasbro, so hope this helped a bit.

Offline Drahcir Kram

• No Force
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2010, 04:20:35 PM »
That's great, thank you .. kind of what i suspected  :)

Offline Aelde Renn

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2010, 05:04:49 PM »
<shambling forward with a blank look>  Brains.....  BBBbrbrbrrrrraaaaaaiiinnnssss!!!!      Always love it when the zombies get out!  LOL

Search around, you'll find a ton of discussions about this.

Anything worth doing is worth doing right; anything worth having is worth waiting for!

Offline adam k

• No Force
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2010, 08:36:48 PM »
Hi guys I'm new.Just a question should I stick with this one from ultra sabers, that is the•High Powered Luxeon III LED
•NEW Fiber Optic UltraFILM blade or should I upgrade?I want a realy bright one thats faithful too the colour and brightness of Obiwans in episode1.

Offline gchu149

• Master Force User
  • Now we are cosmic friends forever, ok?
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2010, 09:34:19 PM »
Adamk, this should have posted in the Ultrasabers section of the forum btw.

Ultrasabers is always a good option. What do you want to upgrade? These says, Ultrasabers uses P4s which are much brighter then lux 3s. Most blades use film, it is the most common blade around. Ultrasabers will upgrade an FX blade with film. Any blade that Ultrasabers has is bright, there are sections on the forum that describe the different types. Use the search function accordingly.
de CF
Click the link to view my collection at the very bottom of the page:
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=20080.msg330140#msg330140

Offline adam k

• No Force
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 03:53:01 PM »
Hi Gchu149 :) Thanks for that information.I've ordered an Obi Wan TPM UltraFX, but I ordered it with the standard Blade that comes with it because I didn't see till later that you could upgrade the blade. But thanks for the help on brightness :), that means I can stick with the original blade I ordered.

I'll try and post a pic of it once it arrives in October sometime using my I phone. I'll put it in the pics gallery, if thats wear I should put it?. I'm still a fair bit scetchy as to where everything goes here.This place is like a fileing cabinet.....LOL

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2010, 03:30:11 AM »
Do not worry cause I tryed all kinds of blades, but the standard Blades are the brightest, have a metal look to it whcih is awesome, and they have that glowing effect while the Ultra Edge has that washed out effect.
It is lighted more completely but the bllade looks dimmer.

I'm sure you will be incredible happy with your choice.

This Ultra Conversion is even better than the removable blade sabers from Hasbro, cause this hilt will still light-up and have sound without the blade.
Which is kinda cool, pretending your a real Jedi.
(Although, I kinda love the new soundboards from Hasbro)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 03:31:48 AM by Darth Matth »

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline adam k

• No Force
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 04:44:17 PM »
Hi Darth Matth

THanks for the advice thats very helpful.Do the Ultrafx sabers come with the new Hasbro sound board.Or do you recommend I email Alex for this info?

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2010, 11:42:59 PM »
If those new boards aren't in them, Ultra isn't going to replace them.
Ultra does not do soundboard installs himself.
He only converts stock sabers to this amazing luxion sabers.

The Obi TPM doesn't have this newer soundboard to my knowledge.
Those are only in the new removable blade versions from Hasbro.
I don't think Hasbro will come out with a Removable Obi TPM, so you probably made the best choice.

There are other saber smids like the Gemini brothers that convert this saber as well, and they did a UB2.5 conversion too, but the price would be almost double than.

I'd say, be happy with the one you'll get.

Offline adam k

• No Force
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2010, 03:30:33 PM »
Hmmmmmm decisions,The new hasbro bladeless has the new sound board cool.I've heard the sound board master replicas put in theres because I had one of there Luke ANH versions.It sounded oooooookkkkkkkaayyy but what does the new hasbro bladeless one sound like?, do you know of any youtube links too it being used?

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2010, 02:07:21 AM »
Use the search   Hasbro removable blade. :D :D :D

retrousse