fiduciary

Author Topic: Which soundboard?  (Read 8107 times)

Offline Meatsweats

• Padawan Learner
Re: Which soundboard?
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2017, 11:58:47 AM »
Being a beginner myself I have done both a NBv3 and a Spark 2. Didn't really think the Spark was that much more difficult, you just need to connect the true drive which took maybe 10min if u have the technique right. Both are good boards.

I find the NB to have slightly better sound crispness and volume. Clash sensing is better too. Spark 2 had some benefits over the NBv3 that have been evened out with NBV4 however. At this point the only real benefit to a Spark over nbv4 I think is the aux sound feature which actually is pretty neat. Current Vader build I'm doing is a nbv4 though.

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
Re: Which soundboard?
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 03:31:37 AM »
There are biggar differences between the Spark 2 and the NB. Even the new NBv4. The power handling on Naigon boards is a much nicer experience in that you never get false swings and mostly don't have to faff around with resistors for blues and similarly rated colours. I've experienced false swing issues with my CSv3 as well and it's very frustrating. The clash sensitivity on plecter boards feels better in terms of firmly gripping the hilt and hitting on it with your palm but when you have a blade in, the Spark works just as well. General motion detection is better on the Naigon boards in my experience too. Saber Tracks is a nice gimmick on the Naigon boards but by no means the reason to buy one as its basically a .wav audio player and nothing more.

retrousse