fiduciary

Author Topic: Star Wars "Rebellion" animated series  (Read 9451 times)

Offline hedgehog1

• Simply Red, standing by
  • Force User
  • Never going to grow up.
Re: Star Wars "Rebellion" animated series
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 12:34:23 AM »
Video of the folks who are doing 'Rebels':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0bdfFos3PYQ

Folks from clone wars are working on it, others from disney animation are also part of the team.

This is a close to a 'dream team' as we could get for Star Wars animation. 

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2013, 07:20:18 AM »
Filoni would not involve himself in this if he hadn't received assurances Disney would at least equal the quality of TCW, otherwise it would damage his professional reputation to do a lower quality show than he'd done before. Disney for its part knows that they need this to be good to reassure fans that the ST will be as good or [I think we all hope] better than the PT. This will be seen as 'writing on the wall' for the future of SW under Disney's banner so it HAS to be good. A 4 billion dollar purchase won't be risked on substandard animation; this WILL be at least 'good'.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline hedgehog1

• Simply Red, standing by
  • Force User
  • Never going to grow up.
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 04:42:20 PM »
... This will be seen as 'writing on the wall' for the future of SW under Disney's banner so it HAS to be good. A 4 billion dollar purchase won't be risked on substandard animation; this WILL be at least 'good'.

I very much agree.  When you spend 4 billion on a property like this, you ar not in a 'half-measure' mode.  This is a best-foot-forward project for both the animation and movies, and I expect they will will fully rise to the occasion.  Disney knows it can make the 4 billion and much, much more back only if they are good stewards of this galaxy far-far away...

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2013, 12:27:05 AM »
Now that the timeline for this series has allegedly been pushed back into "the Dark Times", hopefully we'll see some of the open-ended elements from the former series wrapped up. And I have to disagree with their not being many jedi involved. If I'm not mistaken, at least a couple of hundred jedi survived Order 66 and threatened his grip on the galaxy enough that the Emperor needed to issue a "purge" to further eradicate them.

I personally hope that Shaak-ti, Kenobi, Kota, Dass Jennir, K'kruhk and the Jedi Caravan, Ahsoka (and maybe the Onderonian rebels), and Ventress, among others, make an appearance. All of these characters, as well as many other Jedi, are still alive and kickin during the early years of the Empire.

I would love it if the first season maybe ties up the few loose ends (if any) the bonus episodes of TCW don't, since it wouldn't be too much a stretch on the current timeline.

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
RomanProps Inception Elite
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
Korbanth Graflex v2.0 (Finn-flex)
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
Pachstore Shadowblade (SWR Darksaber)
VyleOne TCW Asajj Ventress (3-D printed, 1:1)
VyleOne TCW Pre-Viszla Darksaber (3-D printed, 1:1)
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2013, 09:31:38 AM »
NYCC Rebels trailer, and new villain Empire's Inquisitor
who’s assigned by Darth Vader to hunt down the remaining Jedi.
Darth Vader, Dark lord of Delegation.  ::)

Trailer Star Wars Rebels: The Empire Returns - YouTube

Hotlinked

I'm not liking that saber. It looks like the General Grievous spin toy.
http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/en_US/shop/details.cfm?R=64C2B735-19B9-F369-10A5-11F9347A0932:en_US
I hope he does not store it on the center of his shoulders like a tron disc. :(

Original article NYCC | ‘Star Wars Rebels’ Reveals Its ‘Marquee Villain,’

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2013, 09:58:34 AM »
I just want to see Darth Vader clash with his old Padawan

Time will bring the real end of our trial.  One day they'll be no remnants

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2013, 03:17:36 PM »
Total MEH on the goth/tim burton-esque 'inquisitor'...why do some people think there is something 'menacing' about whiteface? Looking like a clown, week old fish or someone who hasn't seen sun in 20 years doesn't impress me as dangerous LOLOL. But hopefully the rest of the series will make up for the dubious aesthetic sensibilities of some art director with a clown-phobia who saw too much Tim Burton dreck growing up.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Psab Keel

• Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2013, 09:14:58 PM »
"A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights."  - Obi-Wan Kenobi Episode 4: A New Hope

So this series is going to keep with the idea that they can mess with the continuity as much as they want, just for the sake of being able to create new unnecessary characters.  What about that whole, I don't know, rule of two thing they established in TPM.  And doesn't it pretty much take away a HUGE part of what made Vader so evil, in that he had to farm the task of Jedi hunting out to a ton of other people.  Like he couldn't handle it personally.  And here I honestly thought the villain would be Vader taking charge of the Imperial forces, showing them conquering system after system, not just hunting rogue Jedi.  And we would FINALLY see the Rebellion form (like we should have with the prequels), fighting off the tyranny of the Empire with small victory after small victory.  Because remember, the first large victory for them was written in the opening crawl of A New Hope. 

But no.  We get another crappy villain of the week, who is assigned to do things by characters we ACTUALLY want to see.  It's just unnecessary.  We'll see the Emperor farm the tasks to Vader, who will farm the tasks out to whoever the new villain is.  If I wanted to watch CSPAN, where we watch Congress get nothing done, I could do that any time.  I'll more than likely be skipping this series too.

What a shame.  It could have actually been good.  This just seems like more of the same.   
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 09:20:35 PM by Psab Keel »

Offline Master Finariel

• Force User
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2013, 02:44:29 PM »
"A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights."  - Obi-Wan Kenobi Episode 4: A New Hope

So this series is going to keep with the idea that they can mess with the continuity as much as they want, just for the sake of being able to create new unnecessary characters.  What about that whole, I don't know, rule of two thing they established in TPM.  And doesn't it pretty much take away a HUGE part of what made Vader so evil, in that he had to farm the task of Jedi hunting out to a ton of other people.  Like he couldn't handle it personally.  And here I honestly thought the villain would be Vader taking charge of the Imperial forces, showing them conquering system after system, not just hunting rogue Jedi.  And we would FINALLY see the Rebellion form (like we should have with the prequels), fighting off the tyranny of the Empire with small victory after small victory.  Because remember, the first large victory for them was written in the opening crawl of A New Hope. 

But no.  We get another crappy villain of the week, who is assigned to do things by characters we ACTUALLY want to see.  It's just unnecessary.  We'll see the Emperor farm the tasks to Vader, who will farm the tasks out to whoever the new villain is.  If I wanted to watch CSPAN, where we watch Congress get nothing done, I could do that any time.  I'll more than likely be skipping this series too.

What a shame.  It could have actually been good.  This just seems like more of the same.   

Personally, in reply, I don't think it's wise to pass such harsh judgement on a series that we barely know about. If this was a promo for the clone wars before it came out and it was a picture of Asajj Ventress standing with a bunch of droids, I wouldn't start writing off the clone wars and Asajj as "crap" because say "they did not follow the rule of two set up in TPM". once it came out we learned that she was an assasin, and not an official "apprentice" in many ways the same as Darth Maul had been. And also I would like to ask why you deemed the characters (all of which besides the Inquisitor they have yet to create) as unnecessary? Starkiller was in the civil war era as well, a gap in canon galactic history we have yet to learn much about. (Besides the period at the very end where the OT is at) So I feel there is plenty there to expand upon as long as they don't mess with the flow of the prequel trilogy to the original trilogy, thus I can agree with you on that concern. I just find it confusing how you basically, from a teeny bit of information, wrote out the series as a definite worst case scenario. I think for any fan of any series production must take in new material with open mind. Not necessarily being open for the series' flow to be messed up, but being open for new material being presented so that the producers have something to work with more freely, because I'm sure we all would get ticked off in one way or another if they tried to make Darth Vader the major villian. Darth was George's villian, Simon Kinberg, most likely in the spirit of keeping that way, is probably creating The Inquisitor as a way to give himself a villian to work with while keeping the flow of the Star Wars universe.
I mean no disrespect or offense with this reply Psab Keel, I just wanted to present my alternate, but not completely opposite view for discussion.

~Fin
"Loss of time brings least pleasure to the wise."

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2013, 11:04:36 PM »
There are no Rule of Two violations that I have seen. Many apprentices during the Rule of Two had their own acolyte(s), aka the suckers, to help them achieve their goals- Plagueis had Venamis, Sidious had Maul, Dooku had many acolytes though Ventress seems to be the favorite by far, and Vader had Starkiller... and now this Inquisitor dude too. Just being apprenticed to a Sith does not also mean that they are Sith either, though their heads may indeed be filled with such delusions of grandieur. The reasoning behind having acolytes is because a Sith, however powerful he or she may be, simply cannot be in two places at once.

As far as 'white-face'-ness goes, pale skin is a well known affliction commonly associated with dark-side corruption in humans. Oh, and we already saw the formal formation of the Rebellion in TFU.

Besides, the Sith clearly only have rules to break them. Inconsistency and betrayal are the only true tenets the Sith even believe in. In summary, they believe that they are "above the law", even their own.

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
RomanProps Inception Elite
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
Korbanth Graflex v2.0 (Finn-flex)
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
Pachstore Shadowblade (SWR Darksaber)
VyleOne TCW Asajj Ventress (3-D printed, 1:1)
VyleOne TCW Pre-Viszla Darksaber (3-D printed, 1:1)
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2013, 09:38:29 PM »
I don't see how pale skin is related to Dark Side corruption.

Yes certain Sith had pale skin but there were other reasons for that; Darth Vader because he was inside a helmet and full bodysuit for over 20 years, Darth Sidious because he kept his "deformed" features hidden under a thick cloak as long, some others wore masks and/or armor that would also keep the sun off them for prolonged periods, Ventress perhaps was pale because Dathomir was gloomy and probably didn't have much UV get through its atmosphere for residents to get a tan...but there were other fully Dark Siders who were NOT white-faced like Darth Tyranus so it is by no means established that turning to the dark side turns one's skin to the clown-white side.   

retrousse