fiduciary

Author Topic: Season 3 Finished, watched it? What did you think [Spoilers]  (Read 3892 times)

Offline Choos

• Padawan Learner
  • Yep new
Season 3 Finished, watched it? What did you think [Spoilers]
« on: March 27, 2017, 02:11:14 PM »
I felt this season started really strong had a few high moments but utterly failed on the Jedi side of the story.

Good things:
Bendu: The character might be really far out there but having Tom Baker voice act really sent shivers down my spine and gripped my attention. I appreciate at the end he showed a silly amount of power but not quite as belief suspension shattering as "The Ones" from Clone Wars or Q from Star Trek.

Thrawn: A bad guy that isn't a laughing stock and nods to fans. In a human centric empire having someone in that position that might be looked at as not quite the ideal is genius.

Darksaber and Sabine: The Darksaber reimagined looks way better than it did during Clone Wars and Sabine wielding it works terrifically. Would love to see Sabine use all the Mando tricks and the Darksaber to take down the next generation of Inquisitors that come after her.

Rebellion: Great to see Rogue One and Episode 4 elements as part of this.

Bad things:
Actually there was a lot but regardless of knit picking the Jedi business with Maul and Obi-Wan and Ezra was really poor and pointless, seeing Obi-Wans needle thin lightsaber finally broke my enjoyment. Only thing it might have added to the story was now we have an in cannon explanation of where Luke will get his Lightsaber parts from when building his ROTJ saber..... good old uncle Maul was useful in the end.

This season would definitely have been better if they had of concentrated on Sabine when she joined the Mandos and had the rest of the cast fall into the background rather than her.

Offline Gorpig

• No Force
  • The solution to this problem is here somewhere.
Re: Season 3 Finished, watched it? What did you think [Spoilers]
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 09:03:28 AM »
I really enjoyed this season. Dialogues are way better than the first season, and I liked the evolution of characteres.
I also liked the jedi side story, How Maul finally ended ( exactly how it should be, obi parting his saber in two as he already did) and the Bendu thing was correct.
I hoped tho a bit more of plot twist for the last episode. It was a bit too predictable, and far meaningless than the end of the scond season.

Can't  wait for the fourht season... Any date?

Offline Darth Brooks

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 06:36:00 PM »
I felt this season started really strong had a few high moments but utterly failed on the Jedi side of the story.

Good things:
Bendu: The character might be really far out there but having Tom Baker voice act really sent shivers down my spine and gripped my attention. I appreciate at the end he showed a silly amount of power but not quite as belief suspension shattering as "The Ones" from Clone Wars or Q from Star Trek.

Is it just me, or is Bendu Jedi Tree Beard????

Offline Darth Brooks

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 06:37:43 PM »
Maybe an Ent Jedi? Ok, ok, he's neither Sith nor Jedi.... he's an Ent force wielder

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 09:13:26 PM »
He also looks a bit like a moose what with those 'antlers'/branches eh?

OMG - he's Ent Bullwinkle!

Lookout for flying squirrels with lightsabers!

lol
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Darth Brooks

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 02:04:52 PM »
That's FUNNY! I actually like the character but man he just reminds of Tree Beard with Force advice.... :cheesy:

Honestly the 1st half of season 3 I was getting ready to say that it might be better than the Clone Wars but I'm not there yet.... I freaking loved that show! Plus Ahsoka,,,,, not 1 episode? Vader????? C'mon....

I did like how easily Obi-Wan took care of Maul, but I think Disney went a bit too far with Obi-Wan confirming to Maul that he thinks Luke is the chosen one?

Anakin (Vader) killed the Darth Sidious and according to Lucas, "the guy who wrote the story" says Anakin was in fact the chosen one.... so eh! Oh well I do really like Rebels

Offline Grigoris

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
    • Zeno Telos Press
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 05:44:24 AM »

I did like how easily Obi-Wan took care of Maul, but I think Disney went a bit too far with Obi-Wan confirming to Maul that he thinks Luke is the chosen one?

Anakin (Vader) killed the Darth Sidious and according to Lucas, "the guy who wrote the story" says Anakin was in fact the chosen one.... so eh! Oh well I do really like Rebels

The whole "chosen one" thing is horrible writing. It's way overused. Harry Potter managed to pull
It off but with the force, it's just a poorly chosen cliche. Who chose? The force has a will now? It's conscious? Makes the force just another word for God, or going down that path.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 04:57:00 AM »
Not necessarily, though that could be the case. Or perhaps people just interpret [or perhaps misinterpret] it that way.

For example does water flowing downhill have a 'will' because it 'prefers' to flow in a certain direction or does it only SEEM to have that 'preference'? Before the discovery of gravity people understandably might have thought it had such a 'will'. Now we know that water flowing downhill isnt a sign of any will but there are other things that still seem mysteriously willful.

Does fire have a will? It certainly has behaviour, and quite complex behaviours at that; it can seem to 'metabolize', can seem to 'reproduce', certainly moves in ways sometimes counterintuitive and not entirely 'logical'. Does that make fire alive? If so is it sentient or even sapient? Can a fire have a will to burn? A will to grow? To spread? To devour/consume? To destroy? Or does it just SEEM to?

The apparent "Will of the Force" that some Force users describe in the GFFA might be a sign of a sentient sapient consciousness directing the 'action' of the Force as a personified entity, call it by whatever Name one wishes. Or it might be that certain Force users perceive/conceive of it that way, for convenience or easier comprehension of the INEFFABLE by sapient minds or other reasons of their own. Or maybe the Force might be Something Else entirely. Or even fictional - ;)

That imo is one of the interesting things that GL did with the Force from the beginning of the SW saga; he left much about the Force intentionally vague so that audiences could bring into/project onto it their own ideas of what it might be.

Maybe we'll get more answers in the upcoming season(s) or movies, or maybe we'll get more questions. I find either interesting. :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 05:07:57 AM by Onli-Won Kanomi »
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Grigoris

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
    • Zeno Telos Press
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 09:14:40 AM »
I can see your point, but I doubt most others understand it that way. I certainly didn't.  For most, this chosen one plot is just exposition on the force. I just hope they drop it going forward in the new episodes (please don't tell us that Rey is the chosen one...)

Offline Rhool13

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2017, 07:46:25 PM »
Season 4 will be great

Offline Malachor V

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2018, 10:28:42 AM »
Season 4 was amazing !