fiduciary

Author Topic: New Reproduction Graflex Hilts  (Read 60389 times)

Offline Wolf69

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
Re: New Reproduction Graflex Hilts
« Reply #195 on: June 15, 2017, 05:05:56 AM »
Does someone tried the SolosHold bladeholder on this graflex?

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
« Reply #196 on: June 15, 2017, 05:21:46 AM »
It doesn't need a blade holder. It includes one.

Offline Wolf69

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #197 on: June 15, 2017, 05:26:12 AM »
Yes i know that, and that the bladeholder that come with it depend of the option you re choosing.

However my question was about if th SH one will fit in it, unlike on the Romans Graflex

Offline lset

• No Force
  • In balance, find peace
« Reply #198 on: June 16, 2017, 12:47:39 AM »
Hey @lset !  Thank you for posting up all those photos!

Do you have any pictures of the red button's shoulder (on the tube) with the red button unscrewed and swung out of the way looking straigt down on it?  We were discussing the differences between the Roman's and a GRAFLEX the other day on TheRPF.  I'm curious to see how the JQSabers SS variant turned out!

From your pics the Glass Eye and the Kobold Clip look a bit more like aluminum than stainless.  Maybe it's just that they're photographed away from the rest of the hilt?  Do they appear to be the same color/material when they're held up against the stainless tube?

No worries Ridire :) I can confirm that the glass eye is steel but the kobold clip is aluminium (I think it was the lighting that made the eye look like the clip). Here are some pics against the saber so you can tell. There are also a couple of pics with the button unscrewed, not great quality but I hope they help (I know there is a lot of contention with how that shoulder turns out lol)

Wolf69 to answer your query, I don't have a SH blade holder to hand so I cannot test. However, this is using a KR sabers blade holder and that fits perfectly. I've put some pics below to show it. As far as I'm aware anything that has had the correct alignment with the KR holder has also had the same alignment with the SH holder. Once I get a SH holder thought I will take some photos for you.

Offline Wolf69

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #199 on: June 16, 2017, 02:47:46 AM »
Thanks for the headsup Iset!

Offline erlomd

• Experienced Force User
  • "Fog Machines & Lightsaber Reys"
« Reply #200 on: June 16, 2017, 06:48:30 AM »
well finally bit the bullet and purchased one of their discounted kits. I have to say, I can't wait until she shows up at my door! currently, I have a Vintage Graflex in ANH config, a TGS Graflex on order and this beauty! I think this will complete the trifecta of must have graflexs for me :)

Offline Ridire Fíréan

• Force User
  • Up&down&around the bend a Jedi's story never ends
« Reply #201 on: June 17, 2017, 06:54:59 PM »
Thank you for the additional photos @lset !  The shoulder is close isn't it.  It has the correct circular shape, but it doesn't quite come as full circle as the original GRAFLEX's shoulder.  Like it wasn't struck hard enough maybe?

Interesting on the Kobold Clip being aluminum, I thought aluminum and stainless didn't like one another.

I see the beer tab is a little wider at its "caliper ends" too, eh?!

All that, and still... it is quite a sexy replica!  Every little improvement @JQsabers makes in this makes me want one even more!

Offline lset

• No Force
  • In balance, find peace
« Reply #202 on: June 18, 2017, 09:01:39 AM »
No worries guys :) and thats a nice trio of Graflexs erlomd! Jealous of your vintage lol

Agreed on the shoulder Ridire, its slightly incomplete on the right hand side. On the flip side, Susan said that they were taking feedback on this first set so it might be something that is changed when they do more. In any case, it at least helps act as a tell that will stop the xxx ebay sellers from passing replicas off as vintages -_-

I'm pretty sure the kobold is aluminium as it reacts to aluminium black. The colouring of it doesn't clash with the rest of the hilt though and it basically matches everythinhg. Finally finished my commissions so I can get cracking on the 3D printed chassis for this now, can't wait to install in it.

retrousse