fiduciary

Author Topic: A Custom Parks Conversion for Pazda Alhou  (Read 2292 times)

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Board Moderator
  • Master Force User
  • The Count formerly known as Sollus Vir
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
A Custom Parks Conversion for Pazda Alhou
« on: November 22, 2011, 01:35:11 PM »
Greetings Fellow Saberfans!

I wanted to show you guys a conversion I just finished for a fellow member here named Pazda Alhou. He obtained this saber from Parks, and wanted a sound install done. If anyone knows anything about Parks sabers... They are small, based around a 3/4" tube. Pazda requested a Petit Crouton™ in this saber, and I accepted the challenge.  8) Some other cool things about this conversion are the tactile activation and aux switches, a custom LED optics module, and the 1.3mm recharge port. All in all I think this conversion turned out pretty well, and Pazda was a great guy to work with.

Enough with the jibberjaber... let's get to the good stuff.

Official specs of this saber
- Custom Hilt made by Parks
- Custom LED optics Module with a 10mm Rebel White LED running at 1500ma
- Chrome Orange LEE Filter to achieve a very nice yellow blade color
- 3.7V Li-ion Cell, 900mah will give this saber about 45min runtime
- 1.3mm Recharge port with custom kill key
- mini 2W Rectangular Speaker in the grip section
- Original Parks activation switch and new aux. switch.

This saber sports the "Lightmeat" soundfont, with a custom boot made by me.

Video;

Here are the Glams, enjoy.  8)

Thanks For Looking Guys!

Pass on what you have learned. Strength. Mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters. ~Master Yoda~

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
Re: A Custom Parks Conversion for Pazda Alhou
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 03:10:54 PM »
Wow I see a lot of design cue's meshed into that saber... its an obi/luke/anakin/vader saber!  Nice job getting the board and other goodies in there.  Is it a 3.7 pack though...I thought PC's were best with 7.4?

Time will bring the real end of our trial.  One day they'll be no remnants

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Board Moderator
  • Master Force User
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 03:22:06 PM »
Wow I see a lot of design cue's meshed into that saber... its an obi/luke/anakin/vader saber!  Nice job getting the board and other goodies in there.  Is it a 3.7 pack though...I thought PC's were best with 7.4?

Thanks much.  8)

Yes, the P.C. operates best at 7.4V, but also runs fine at 3.7. The most noticeable difference with 3.7v Power as opposed to 7.4v is the volume is slightly diminished. But not awfully so.  ;)

Pass on what you have learned. Strength. Mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters. ~Master Yoda~

Offline Protosaber

• Force User
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 06:39:37 AM »
That's fine work sir. A Petit Crouton, custom optics, recharge port and a 2 watt speaker all in a parks sized hilt. What a great blade color and that aux button is perfect. And what a marvelous looking hilt to hold it all. Well done.

Did you have to bore out the central tube in the pommel to fit the PC?
For my ally is the Force. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us… and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter! You must feel the Force around you. Here, between you, me, the tree, the rock… everywhere!

Offline Gil Gamesh

• Formerly known as Kit Fisto
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 08:45:42 AM »
Potato vs the Italian Scallion had alot of jibberjabber :D

Cool saber, nice reuse of his Obi shroud.  IMO, a little wonky as the emitter seems so different from the hilt/pommel, but I digress.

Awesome conversion!  Parks hilts definitely take some thought and a bunch of customization, and it looks very clean here.  A+ man!
Support our Font Makers!

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Board Moderator
  • Master Force User
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 11:26:47 AM »
That's fine work sir. A Petit Crouton, custom optics, recharge port and a 2 watt speaker all in a parks sized hilt. What a great blade color and that aux button is perfect. And what a marvelous looking hilt to hold it all. Well done.

Did you have to bore out the central tube in the pommel to fit the PC?

Thanks man!  8)

I had to shorten the lower tube without shortening the saber (tricky), but did bore two slots in the lower section of the hilt for the PC to slide into. I also had to cut out the inside of the tube as well to accommodate the P.C. SO kinda, but it was more modifying multiple tubes than just one.  ;)

'preciate it Gil, I agree the design looks al little weird, but having the pommel big makes this one a very nicely balanced saber.  :)

Offline Skottsaber

• Master Force User
  • Calamus Gladio Fortior
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 11:53:53 AM »
Very nice!

So you reused the parks switch? Would that be the same capacitive switch that they come with?

My Sabers:

Randomsabers Ravaster
CF Obi TPM
Saberconcepts Ahsoka Variant

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Board Moderator
  • Master Force User
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 12:34:58 PM »
Yes, I reused the parks switch. Not sure what you mean by capacitative, but all  I did to it was replace the wires.  ;)

Offline Knighthammer

• Force User
    • Tapani Order SW TOR Guild
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 02:05:38 PM »
Looks good - I actually kind of like the design of that saber - always have.
Yub Yub Commander
Star Wars the Old Republic Guild - Tapani Order

Offline mma jedi

• Force User
  • The MMA JEDI
    • Jedi Archives
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 09:10:44 PM »
Nice..

retrousse