fiduciary

Author Topic: Relieve your stress and VENT thread  (Read 239258 times)

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
Re: Relieve your stress and VENT thread
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2009, 05:22:26 PM »
Doug Allen

Now THAT is how The National Athems should be sung. 8)

My gripe for the day......

I love snow......but this is rediculous! :D It's like someone is shaking a snowglobe! :D Everyday is getting to be annoying! ::)

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2009, 05:30:52 PM »
Very nice rendition Han.  Man does he have a great voice.  Very patriotic sound to him.

I hope I don't get banned for my Rosanne Barr link.   :-\  :D

Offline Qui-gol Reyah

• Darth Claven
  • Force User
  • "I know! There was nothing I could have done!"
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2009, 05:33:00 PM »
Oh Han!

So right on both counts.

Those two renditions of the anthems actually made it "pretty dusty" in this room.  And that it was kicking off a hockey game made it actually perfect.

And yes, I'm sick of snow too.  Living in the Keewenaw Peninsula of Michigan, we see our share, too.

Check this out. 
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2009, 06:38:51 PM »
Very nice rendition Han.  Man does he have a great voice.  Very patriotic sound to him.

I hope I don't get banned for my Rosanne Barr link.   :-\  :D

No, it's a good example of what can go WRONG with celebrities trying to bolster attendance figures in sports. Either that or losing a bet! :D

Oh Han!

So right on both counts.

Those two renditions of the anthems actually made it "pretty dusty" in this room.  And that it was kicking off a hockey game made it actually perfect.

And yes, I'm sick of snow too.  Living in the Keewenaw Peninsula of Michigan, we see our share, too.

Check this out. 

Wow, that a Hoth of alot of snow! :D

Yeah, Doug Allen is really good. Ottawa has an awesome singer too. Lyndon Slewidge. Funny thing is....he's an Inspector with the Ontario Provincial Police Service. I never met him, but I've heard nothing but great about him. Plus to be a NHL Singer, well that icing on the fresh cake. :D

Another stress that hasn't occurred since the fall for me and has been bothering me for a day is my knee that was reconstructed......Is this weather.My knee stiffens it up. When I get up after sitting for a while, I need crutches to get going! :D Or at least it feels like that. ;D

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2009, 07:01:02 PM »
I hate that I'm breaking out with acne worse than I ever have in my life - including high school.

I hate that I have to be a grown up about my finances and make hard decisions about what I consider essential to my well being.

I hate that I have to wait until roughly March for something I never thought I'd ever have.

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2009, 07:17:49 PM »
I hate that I'm breaking out with acne worse than I ever have in my life - including high school.

I hate that I have to be a grown up about my finances and make hard decisions about what I consider essential to my well being.

I hate that I have to wait until roughly March for something I never thought I'd ever have.

1. My wife is your age and has the same issue.  Chocolate is really bad.  She has tried lots of things including practive.  She is getting so bad she is going to see a derm next month.  I feel your pain.  :'(

2. Yeah real life stinks.  I'm selling the house I spent a year building myself only to buy a cheaper house that needs work.  Trying to downsize the debt.  :'(   Hoping I don't lose my job.

3. I missed what number 3 was but I hope it's good.  ;D

Offline Sidneyious

• Alias......Ninja of the Mist
  • Master Force User
    • Blog of my saber builds.
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2009, 01:35:19 AM »
Ya know Iam actually getting a little fed up with this hobby. the current actions that are going on, morons spreading around false info left and right on youtube that if they were not stupid enought to get banned from the forums then they might of learned something.

No where just going to go on with our lives of the same useless dribble that goes on and on and on. So Iam few up with it and I dont care as much as I used to anymore.

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2009, 03:53:48 AM »
Sid, I think a lot of people feel the same way man.

The UT_Nexus debacle, mixed with those that will not be named, have caused quite a bit of unrest with a lot of people lately.

Don't let it get you down.  Just ignore the clowns, and focus on the cool stuff.  It seems as though TCSS is being overrun with jokers lately, and I mean no offense to the regulars there.  We were all newbies at one time or another.  However, it seems as though that shoutbox overthere has made a lote of changes for the worse. 

I don't mind chatting it up there, because a lot of the time, when the actual people that actually build sabers get on the shouts, the other spammers leave.

It gets kind of frustrating seeing all the crap flying around, and frankly, it got to me too.  But, sometimes we just need to pt on our waders, and jump into the stream, wade through, and come out to new horizons. 

I actually think that the dark times we have faced are actually drawing us together into a closer-knit community.  SUre there are going to be those lost sheep that feel they need to dog things.  It's just how we choose to deal with the situation, and move on, that will direct the flow of things to come.

Personally,  I have gotten to a point that I am drawing in a little more and focusing on projects that I have wanted to finish for a couple of years now.

Kind of hard to do when life keeps throwing obstacles from all sides, but we deal. 

Things will get better, you just have to keep a positive spin on the matters at hand. 

I'm sitting here ont he forums when I SHOULD be sleeping.  Why? because I am losing sleep, trying to figure out how I am going to manage my time around a hectic schedule. PLUS how I am going to work in getting all the Ultra Sabers stuff re-updated, build sabers, reapir incoming warranty work, machine some prototypes, and still stay afloat financially, because the person I had handling the bills here (no names will be mentioned) decided to just not pay the bills with the money I had set aside for them, and once again I am behind.  I mean for crying out loud, my office and home phone got disconnected.

All because of an overdraft charge on my bank account because I had EBAY fees to pay for an auction that got pulled.

Enough about that though... I might have to BAN myself for a while.

After I get the overlords all done, and get the Banes out.  I am going to do a few more repairs, and take a LONG hiatus to focus on my personal stuff, and work in some projects for Ultra.

Okay, I'm worn out now.  And I am about to fall asleep on the keyboard.

Time to shut down Illustrator, Photoshop, and PDF creator for the night, and go kill the power in the shop.

Good night.

Offline Sidneyious

• Master Force User
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2009, 04:30:44 AM »
I know what you mean but its that nothing seems to be getting done about it, try to do something about it and it just progresses on eh path to nothingness again and your back to square one again.

I dont know, maybe I just need to do something but nothing is coming to mind as to what I should do.

I mean seriously Iam sitting in my room watching tv shows that I would never watch cause there really is nothing to do. And Iam not really watching them Iam just staring at the wall for the most part.

I just dont know anymore and Iam tired of the nothingness but I dont know what to do.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2009, 06:39:17 AM »
Sorry to see you so down Alias.  DT makes a great case for you.  We can never fill the void in our lives with posessions.  Lightsabers, TV shows and other tangible things can only be a quick diversion that will eventually wear off.

Personally I enjoy helping others, whether it be working in a soup kitchen, working on the street with the homeless, sending money to aid an orphan in the Dominican Republic, sending secret money to a friend in need or hosting parties at my house for 30 or so teens.  These are all types of things I like to focus on.  If I just tried to fill my life with property, and I have gone that route many times in my life, I always feel empty.  I've been where you are or at least in a similar place and I know how depressing it can be.

Don't forget some of the richest people in the world spend all their lives trying to fill it up with "things".  From the world's view they have everything, but inside have nothing.   Look at the Hollywood crowd and how messed up their lives are with extremely short and multiple marriages, drug and alcohol abuse to DUI's, and crazy behavior in public.

IMO the people that seem to have the most actually have the least.

Now compare them to people like Princess Diana who gave a lot to the needy,  I may eat my words but Angelina Jolie at the present seems to have turned around.  If you look at the first half of her life she was insane in her behavior now "it seems" she spends a great deal of her time helping needy orphans and doing other humanitarian type work.

Now I'm not suggesting you do any of these things.  I am just saying you will never find comfort in something you can purchase or watch on tv.  Life is on the otherside of your door waiting for you.

We're always here for you when you need to chat.  ;)

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2009, 07:35:59 AM »
Luke, wise words my friend. I'm so sorry about your house, and I'm sorry about your wife.

DT - so sorry man.  I like your positive attitude on things.

Alias - it does seem bleak at the moment, but I like to take the view that everything is cyclical.  Times like these, when I'm upset or frustrated with something in my life I try to think about what I did before that thing came into my life, how I found happiness that way.

And as for 3. in my post, I was a bit cryptic, but I don't want to talk too much about it since I want to do a nice long post about it.  Essentially I am having a saber made, a custom, NO ONE ELSE IN THE UNIVERSE WILL EVER EVER EVER HAVE ONE JUST LIKE IT saber.  The way things are going, I won't be able to get it until March.  I was trying to end on a happy note.  I didn't think I'd ever have a custom saber made, and now I'm getting one, and I can't wait. Patience has never been my strong suit.

Now for today's vent:

I hate the cold.  I hate the wind that blows through my clothes regardless of the amount of layers.  I hate the ice that I silip on, I hate the grey skys and the fact that it's dark out by lunch time (I'm on the East Coast, but work West Coast hours) and even more importantly - I look like a marshmallow with all of my layers of clothes! 

I want spring!  I want skirts!  I want lacy tops and sandals and bright colors!

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2009, 08:07:29 AM »
Kind of thought that was the plan Je-Rel.  I am now more eager than ever to see your saber.  I too have a little something in the works.  Hopefully I will unveil it in the next 6 months.

I too agree about the cold.  Actually I love the cold, just not in my hotel room.  I tried to sleep for hours last night but couldn't because my heater didn't work.  I had my jeans and shirt on to stay warm in bed.  At 230 I called the desk and they said a tech would be right up.  I questioned them and they confirmed he'd be up immediately.  Otherwise I was going back to sleep.

Half hour later no tech.  I go back to sleep.  I start to nod off from either exhaustion or hypothermia and guess what?, knock knock knock.  >:(

Sometime after 3 I get back into bed.  Of course of few short hours and I 'm wide awake since I can't sleep in late.  >:(

Anyone on the east coast Je-Rel keep your eyes peeled.  My route today is Atlanta, New Jersey, Vermont.  If you see me flying upsidedown call ATC and tell them to wake me.  :D :D :D   Just kidding.  I'm fine to fly.  Nothing some DR Pepper can't cure.

Offline Sidneyious

• Master Force User
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2009, 08:27:11 AM »
Hopefully things will get better.

Offline Darth Eugaltsh

• Sith Roadie
  • Master Force User
  • Thank you from Darth T.
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2009, 09:32:04 AM »
well the other day i downloaded the jedi temple pack, i lug all my stuff back away from the router in the othe room, i try it out and it says its curropted

now i'm P***** and sad :'(
*Never Forget Glitter Wars.  The Force Was With Us That Day, But It Was Too Much*

[br />The Force is strong with this one.

But only with the dark side.

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2009, 11:27:50 AM »
Hopefully things will get better.

Hey Sid, do you play any instruments?  Do you draw, paint, or sculpt.

How about picking up a model kit? 

Sometimes when I get into a funk with the saber stuff, I just shut down the shop. Clean off the bench, and work on something non saber related.

I have a Colonial Viper Model kit that I am thinking of cracking into, just to break some tedium.

If you don't play an instrument, you might try picking one up.  It doesn't matter what it is; be it mouth harp, tambourine, triangle, ocarina, recorder, harmonica, drums, whatever....  My dad actually taught me that. He was into Revolutionary War Re-enacting, and built Muzzle-loading rifles, both as a hobby, AND as part of his income supplementation. He was a gunsmith.

Whenever he got stressed out, he would pick up his violin.  I remember when he first got it.  I was three years old.  That thing sounded HORRIBLE when he first got it.  You always knew when the old man was upset about something, because he would pick it up and squeak out a few notes.

Over the years, he became a VERY proficient violinist. Never took a lesson in his life.   8)  He would just pick it up when he was feeling down, or was stressed, and play, just play...

Sometimes I think we let our hobby turn to obsession.  Sometimes that is a good thing, and others it can be negative.  When you start to feel like there is not light at the end of the tunnel, then just drop it for a while and do something else.

I am personally at that point right now.  Over the last year, I think I may have picked up my guitars maybe three times.  That is really shocking, because I used to play at least 2 hours EVERY day, and I was much more relaxed back then.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 11:29:32 AM by DARTH TYRANUS »

retrousse