fiduciary

Author Topic: The FX-SABERS GRAFLEX CHASSIS EVOLUTION (History and Picts)  (Read 41429 times)

Offline Setsuna Stratos

• Padawan Learner
  • Use THE FORCE Wisely!
WOW!!!! These are absolutely awsome!!! One question though. Will the purchases through the Graflex Armory be first come first served or will they be sold according to who requested their chassis first on the forum? Also with them being sold through the Armory, will there be a way to prevent one person from hoarding all the chassis & re-selling them? There are some jedi padawans out here who have been waiting close to a year for a chassis to complete their sabers.

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
This DIY idea is great! This will save you a lot of time from having to convert other members' sabers (mine included :D).
It will also be time-saving for those of us (such as myself) who are willing to deal with an MR board for the time being until something better comes along. ;)

Master Yoda, you are a genius indeed. 8)
I can't wait for these to come out! ;D ;D

(and the idea of one of these being able to fit into my TCSS projects...I'm tickled pink!)

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
Thank you for the compliments everyone, as always it is the enthusiasm and appreciation from all of you
that keeps me going and continually evolving/improving the graflex and other sabers that will soon
be benefiting from my chassis layouts. 8)

WOW!!!! These are absolutely awsome!!! One question though. Will the purchases through the Graflex Armory be first come first served or will they be sold according to who requested their chassis first on the forum? Also with them being sold through the Armory, will there be a way to prevent one person from hoarding all the chassis & re-selling them? There are some jedi padawans out here who have been waiting close to a year for a chassis to complete their sabers.

I am planning to have most of them in the store and when out of stock I will make more so it will be
easy to order the DIY chassis.
I do plan to make up a run for the forum to help announce when they start coming in stock and get some to those
who have had inquiries in for a long time now ;)

again everyone thank you for your continued interest.
MTFBWY
always
YODA

Offline Avvatar

• Boots Buttered Toast to AWESOME
  • Experienced Force User
  • Making CF boot's like a mad man...
Awesome!!!!

Hey wait... i think i recognize some of those new chassis glam shots.... >.>

Great work as always, Master Yoda.  And as i mentioned to you via email, i'll keep my eye open for the DIY chassis run.  i am in need of one for my "project". ;)

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
Looks awesome Mike. 

I'm guessing your TCSS MHS chassis will be recieved with more excitement than your graflex chassis if that is possible.  :D

I'm guessing your guess is closer to a certainty!

I'm one of the folks who has bugged Strydur on the "wish list" there for a MHS chassis system for a long time now...I'd never hoped it would be something as fabulous as one of Master Yoda's...this will be a Revelation for MHS fans.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline PelPix

• Force User
I'm very interested.  These look amazing.  Perhaps I'll snatch one up when the new CF4 production burst happens.
The new Chassis is available alone, as in, I can just buy one by itself, right?  I don't have to have you make the saber for me?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 06:07:18 PM by PelPix »
Aleha Bardak, Jedi Padawan

Offline Jedi Yar Nala

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Online Portfolio
alright...I'm wanting one too!!!
DIY... wow!!!!

Also....I know it is really crafted for the Graflex sabers...but will it work in others?

I know Erv from Plector Labs placed one in a Negotiator....

Thinking about going this direction.

So likewise...showing one off.... if I put in with a soundboard and Lux... can a blade be placed on it to truly show it off (no really dueling with it...but would like to show the bells and whistles by lightly tapping the blade on a chair to show off clashing noises... if I added the chassis... didn't want THAT to break.)

How durable is it?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 01:11:17 AM by Jedi Yar Nala »

Offline Rogue Graymatter

• Force User
  • for teh lulz
Yes please! These look like just the ticket I've been waiting for! Sweetness for sure!

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
alright...I'm wanting one too!!!
DIY... wow!!!!

Also....I know it is really crafted for the Graflex sabers...but will it work in others?

I know Erv from Plector Labs placed one in a Negotiator....

Thinking about going this direction.

So likewise...showing one off.... if I put in with a soundboard and Lux... can a blade be placed on it to truly show it off (no really dueling with it...but would like to show the bells and whistles by lightly tapping the blade on a chair to show off clashing noises... if I added the chassis... didn't want THAT to break.)

How durable is it?

I duel with my son all the time and no worries.  I have the limited edition crystal chamber.    The DIY is for the graflex and graflex alone.  It appears that there will be a separate DIY that will be MHS based.  Since the graflex ID and MHS ID are diferent you'd need two.   I plan on getting an MHS DIY the second they appear in the store,  ;D

Offline Jedi Yar Nala

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Online Portfolio
Soooo.....

If I land a Obi TPM... (Probaby impossible to get a Yoda's Negotiator... or an AceRockets....), I'd be targeting a DIY MHS chassis?

When the Hasbro comes out... pending the design is good enough (as close to screen accurate as Yoda's or Ace's), and not uber fat like I think it could be.... do you think this chassis can work in this, even though it isn't an MHS chassis (though, awesome that it'll have a Hasbro board, which should work like a MR board).

If I wantd to pull an Erv stunt... should I even consider that option.... or should I consider another TPM OBi.... a Larbel (which version should I look out for?).... a Parks (like the one Darth Raijin is selling....http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=19389.0.... is this the most screen accurate Parks... plus is it possilbe with this, with that rod?.... or one of the older El blades or the Phase blades like the one Korbanth is selling.... how is this accuracy..... or did it drastically change after Parks was told not to have it so accurate by Lucasfilms....).

Want the DIY Chassis.... but need to know how and which TPM to target it to try to replicate the awesomeness Yoda's done with his Negotiator.

Either case.... I'll want one to put in saber, cause, like any Jedi.... it is a right of passage to construct one's own lightsaber, and to do so with a crystal:) So for a TPM Obi or not.... I'll be crafting my own saber too, and don't want it to NOT have a Yoda chassis. :)

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
If you have a Parks or Larbel or Acerocket, etc. TPM the inner diameter would be waaaay to small to house an MHS chassis system.  Your best bet would be to have someone custom make you a chassis, or custom make one yourself.  The only way the MHS chassis would work would be if you did an MHS based TPM which can look cool but will be larger than the movie prop.   I think that Korbanth's TPMs are very close to Yoda's Negiotator, from what I have heard but, again, an MHS chassis won't fit inside.

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Jedi Yar Nala

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Online Portfolio
thanks...maybe the Hasbro will be fat enough for it,.... what do you think?

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
Most likely too fat.  The chassis is designed to be a tight glove like fit.  Anything else and you need to just make your own.

Offline Jedi Yar Nala

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Online Portfolio
Thanks....

So the DIY won't be soundboard specific, right? So... if all you have is an MR board... but later score a CF or an Ultrasound board... this should be an easy switch out right?

In addition... will this then JUST fit MHS sabers because of it needing to be a tight fit? Haven't purchased an MHS saber... are all of the interior diameters the same?

If it was to be placed in a smaller hilt... obviously Allerra's suggestion that it might have to be customed out makes sense...but if it is going into a hilt with more room than an MHS hilt... then can some form of adapter or something make it fit more snug?

What do you guys think?

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
Thanks....

So the DIY won't be soundboard specific, right? So... if all you have is an MR board... but later score a CF or an Ultrasound board... this should be an easy switch out right?

In addition... will this then JUST fit MHS sabers because of it needing to be a tight fit? Haven't purchased an MHS saber... are all of the interior diameters the same?

If it was to be placed in a smaller hilt... obviously Allerra's suggestion that it might have to be customed out makes sense...but if it is going into a hilt with more room than an MHS hilt... then can some form of adapter or something make it fit more snug?

What do you guys think?

There are always ways to rig it to make it fatter, but one of the wonderful things about YODA's chassis are the aesthetics.  To spend the $ and get one of his systems only to put it in an inappropriate vessel and have to modify it?  At that point why?  Why not buy the correct chassis for what you are doing and if you are doing a Parks or Larbel conversion then you would either have to build your own custom chassis or get some of the smiths that do conversions to make one for you.  YODA's chassis are a work of art in and of themselves.  To start modding them will detract from their aesthetic value.  IMO, use the right kit for the right situation and, if there is no kit then find an alternative solution.

Facebook: VVFB

retrousse