fiduciary

Author Topic: My first Graflex... On it's way to an FX Luxeon!  (Read 21016 times)

Offline Anatim

• Force User
    • Saberproject
Re: My first Graflex... On it's way to an FX Luxeon!
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2007, 02:38:50 PM »
i think i'll buy a new switch from the graflexshop, yoda sent me a tutorial. all i need is a mr  or ultrasoundboard
then i can convert it by myself

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2007, 04:16:44 PM »
cool, keep us posted on your progress and don't forget the pics,  WE LOVE THE PICS ;D

Offline Baena

• Padawan Learner
    • My illustration blog
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2007, 08:16:38 PM »
Personally I wouldn't wait to find out I would order one now to be safe, just in case.  They are 79$.  You must have sound and this is going to be a great board.
keep us posted we love to see home job stuff.

Well, I've got a freelance check that's due sometime soon, I hope it comes in time for me to put an order in for the Ultra Card, I know for sure I want that card in my hilt.   :)

I'm sure this has been answered but I'll ask anyway... Can the Ultra card power a Luxeon V?  I'm hoping to get the brighter blade...  ;)  Will I need any resistors?

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2007, 08:21:53 PM »
The Ultra driver/sound board can power Luxeon III, V, and K2.

-Joclad

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2007, 04:11:54 AM »
Personally I wouldn't wait to find out I would order one now to be safe, just in case.  They are 79$.  You must have sound and this is going to be a great board.
keep us posted we love to see home job stuff.

Well, I've got a freelance check that's due sometime soon, I hope it comes in time for me to put an order in for the Ultra Card, I know for sure I want that card in my hilt.   :)

I'm sure this has been answered but I'll ask anyway... Can the Ultra card power a Luxeon V?  I'm hoping to get the brighter blade...  ;)  Will I need any resistors?

No resistors needed.  This board is sound and driver.  It is also jumperless, so you will wire it once then every time you replace the batteries ie it loses power you program it with the voice menu for the led type you have.  I would talk to yoda about your graflex holder and what battery options you have.  Personally I would splurge on the new shorter graflex holder then get yodas awesome new chassis setup.  With yodas setup you can go with the pulsing crystal core look with a k2 ro get the brighter lux v.  we are all anxiously awaiting yodas final verdict on brightness comparsion betweeen the lux v and the k2.  When he gets his soundboard he will test is out in both configurations or brightness and battery longevity and post the results so we can all make an informed decision on which setup we want.

Anatim why not try to get a return on the old style holder for the new one?

Offline Anatim

• Force User
    • Saberproject
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2007, 04:53:44 AM »
Anatim why not try to get a return on the old style holder for the new one?

hehe.... ;D that could be a problem
i used a dremel to  "modify" the blade holder so that the low profile switch fits in the graflex...but it did't helped
all i need is the new switch and a soundboard
either the mr from one of my two luxeon sabers or  i wait for the ultrasound....

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2007, 05:41:25 AM »

[/quote]

hehe.... ;D that could be a problem
[/quote]

Doooouuuuugggghhhh!

Offline Baena

• Padawan Learner
    • My illustration blog
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2007, 02:18:30 PM »
No resistors needed.  This board is sound and driver.  It is also jumperless, so you will wire it once then every time you replace the batteries ie it loses power you program it with the voice menu for the led type you have.  I would talk to yoda about your graflex holder and what battery options you have.  Personally I would splurge on the new shorter graflex holder then get yodas awesome new chassis setup.  With yodas setup you can go with the pulsing crystal core look with a k2 ro get the brighter lux v.  we are all anxiously awaiting yodas final verdict on brightness comparsion betweeen the lux v and the k2.  When he gets his soundboard he will test is out in both configurations or brightness and battery longevity and post the results so we can all make an informed decision on which setup we want.

Sweet!  I'd like to get it as bright as I can, I definitely am planning for his shorter blade holder/luxeon mount.  I'm also curious as to what the price will be on his chassis...

Where would we be without Master Yoda?  ;D

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2007, 03:28:35 PM »
price i think will come as soon as he tests out the two different options.  i am still stuck on that crystal pulsing core.  although i want the brightness too.
I am not sure if there are any takers yet for the k2 so i may just do it for that reason.  besides it is way cool.

Offline Baena

• Padawan Learner
    • My illustration blog
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2007, 01:50:28 PM »
Sweetness!
My Parks replica clamp came in the mail!
It's amazing what a real clamp does for a saber vs. duct tape!  :D

Next purchase for me will complete the hilt before the electronics go inside, that'll be a D-Ring, new rubber grips, and a glass eye to replace the second red button there on the front.  Well, I'm getting the glass eye that will act as a retention bolt for the LED adapter so I won't be able to put that on just yet, but I'll get it anyway... You know, to keep this... ANH.  8)

Here are some more pics...

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2007, 02:34:31 PM »
Looks a hundred percent better than duct tape doesn't it?  :D  It looks great! When are you going to get the blade socket and heatsink? I just wired my 5w blue to my red button for a test at 6v. It's lookin good too!
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2007, 05:18:06 PM »
Looking good Baena.  Much much better than the tape.

Offline Baena

• Padawan Learner
    • My illustration blog
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2007, 07:31:03 AM »
LOL Thanks guys!  :D

I'm kind of waiting to see what Yoda does as a "kit".  And then I'll be saving my pennies for that most likely.
I'll probably do as much "one stop shopping" as I can for this puppy.

I'm not on his list yet... So I won't be in the first round of kits with the new Ultra board, but my plans are to have this saber be a 5W LED with the Ultra Sound board and Ultra's Blade when it's all said and done.

So I've got quite a few pennies that I need to set aside for such magnificence.
Basically what I'm sayin' is it will be a while.  :D So I will try to excercise patience.  8)

Your switch system looks great so far OWEN!  I hope to pull off the same or similar with my saber.  I'm a bit of a DIYer too on this saber in hopes to save some money.  I understand Yoda's kit will be very helpful for DIYers.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 07:36:19 AM by Baena »

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2007, 08:03:51 AM »
Both in the same sail barge we are money wise it seems, lol.  ;D  I was lucky enough to have a bonus check at work that I was able to go on a shopping spree with (shhh, don't tell Aunt Beru!) I am at a standstill as well until the US come in. But hey, hang in there, the Empire wasn't built in a day!
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2007, 08:12:02 AM »
Don't Fret Baena.  You will have your kit soon enough.  I should have mine here in 2-3 weeks and I'll give you a good review.  You could ditch the crystal chamber to save it you don't really care about that.  It is only seen when you have the saber pulled apart anyway.

I hear ya with the cash thing.  This kit is gonna put the squeeze on me.  In waiting for the kit i caved and bought the Blast-tech ESB mauser.  Should not have done that, cna't afford that, it will be cool though.  I will have to wait to do any modding to it though until future cash is available.

retrousse