fiduciary

Author Topic: My Luke 2005 ROTJ FX Review  (Read 8170 times)

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
My Luke 2005 ROTJ FX Review
« on: March 14, 2007, 05:18:51 PM »
"I see you have constructed a new lightsaber"

Darth Vader spoke those words to his son Luke Skywalker on Endor as held his son's newly built lightsaber in his hands while activated.  Thus begins my review of the Luke 2005 ROTJ FX Lightsaber.

The Box
Score: 10/10

Just your typical standard single bladed FX box properly packaged nice and neet to make sure the lightsaber is secure. :)

The Hilt
Score: 10/10

When I first saw pictures of the hilt and how fat the neck was, I thought it was going to be weird to hold it or that it might not feel right.  Man oh man was I wrong.  I took the saber right out of the package and held it with out the batteries in and I was amazed by how smooth everything felt and even holding the saber up by the neck area.  Everything was pretty well balanced and I was able to spin it with no trouble at all.  After I put the batteries in and I gave it a few spins I still had no trouble spinning it and still felt it was pretty light weight with the batteries in.

The placement activation was pretty ingenious and I never once accidently switched on or off the saber while I spun it with the batteries in.  I love how they pratically replicated everything on this hilt like how its L.E. counter part is even right down to the small triangle LED's.

The Blade
Score: 8/10

Your typical latest edition blade with 64 LED's.  Now this is what surprised me when I fired up the saber after putting the batteries in I was amazed by it's glowing bright green blade.  I honestly think it's a bit brighter than my Anakin ROTS.  When I took it in my bathroom to see it in the dark I was even more amazed then how bright it was in the dark.  I was also surprised how little blotchyness there was.  I didn't even notice the blotchyness unless I held the saber at a certain angle.  Everything was evenly light.  All though I did lower the score on this one because I just noticed that the blade is pretty wobbly and when you shake the saber you can see the LED's flickering.  So that's probably how most people break their Luke ROTJ sabers beacause the blade isn't that secure.

The Sound
Score: 7/10

Despite the fact the sound is the typical rescyled sound I did bump the score up just a tad higher than with my Mace's.  I did this because the sounds were very fluid and came on whenever I swung the saber and it did not take much hit to make a clash noise.  I don't know about the rest of you but I definitely like to have the sounds in perfect timing with my swings and twirls.

Over All Rating
Score: 8/10

I give this an 8 out of ten.  Not quite a perfect 10 because of the recyled sounds.  I would have loved it if they had used the actual ROTJ sounds that we remembered hearing in the movie when Luke first activated his saber after catching it on the skiff.  I do think though this has become my favorite lightsaber.  It's easier to twirl and lighter than the Anakin ROTS.  All though I'm sure I'll change my mind about it being my favorite when I do get the Obi-Wan ROTS saber. 

Well that's my review.  Now onto the pictures, hope you enjoy them. :)

Clicky for larger pic.

Clicky for larger pic.

Clicky for larger pic.

Clicky for larger pic.

Clicky for larger pic.

Clicky for larger pic.

Clicky for larger pic.

Clicky for larger pic.

Clicky for larger pic.

Clicky for larger pic.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 10:13:06 PM by BigT1981 »

Offline Shadowlynx

• Master Force User
  • Darkness has Fallen
Re: My (BigT1981's) Luke 2005 ROTJ FX Review
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 10:29:22 PM »
Nice Review, I really think also that the Luke is my most favorite out of the others. It's just because of the hilt and the light weightness too it. I know you'll be spinning the luke more than all of your other sabers  ;)

Offline Vosk

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 11:04:34 PM »
Thanks for the kind words.  I agree that I will probably be spinning this saber more than any of the other FX sabers.  I all ready can't really put it down lol.  Though I have to stop messing with it right now because it's after midnight here and parents are asleep (ya I live with them still) and they'd be pretty pissed if they got woke up by the sound of lightsaber noises lol.

Offline Cyano Khaar

• Experienced Force User
  • Feel the Force
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 07:54:37 PM »
Convert it to a luxeon with a fiber optic blade and a copper kit, and it will be like a whole new saber. Check for my Luxeon Luke review within the next few weeks.

Offline Vosk

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 08:13:35 PM »
Nah I'll keep it as is.  I'd switch to Luxeon but I bought the sabers for the power up and power down fx.  Plus I don't have the money to do that right now anyways.

Edit: I will eventually get the copper kit once it's available again.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 09:22:16 PM by BigT1981 »

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 01:31:16 PM »
Nice review. It is my overall favorite saber. You can do the copper kit, it's very nice. It really makes the saber look great. It should have come that way from MR.
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline Jedi Tom

• Padawan Learner
  • Twisted by the dark side young Skywalker is.
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 03:26:10 PM »
Very nice review with the pics and all they were nice well done
 ;D

Jedi_King

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 04:23:49 PM »
Good job for putting the review up.

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 05:40:06 PM »
 ;)Congrats big t and a great review at that!!I just love mine as is like you do!! 8)

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 05:46:01 PM »
good review. the luke is my second favorite saber, next to my MHS

I honestly think it's a bit brighter than my Anakin ROTS.

it is. human eyes are more sensitive to green, than blue (and for that matter, any color in sabers) so it appears brighter.

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline Vosk

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 05:59:34 PM »
Thanks for the words fellas. :)

I agree Aluke this is my second favorite saber my favorite one is the Obi-Wan ROTS.

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2007, 06:00:54 PM »
big T, you have a pm  ;)

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline Vosk

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2007, 06:12:36 PM »
PM replied to, I hope my instructions are easy. ;)

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2007, 06:21:23 PM »
lets give it a whirl  :)
TCSS

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2007, 06:21:54 PM »
thanks BigT  :)