fiduciary

Author Topic: CFX v10 problems  (Read 802 times)

Offline ViperR

• Padawan Learner
  • Hey all
Re: CFX v10 problems
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2023, 02:01:24 PM »
Soldered a working Deans plug and wires to the board/card. Inserted original SD card, plugged in a fully charged battery and checked voltage underneath the Batt + and - pads where there is no solder and got the normal reading, so battery and plug wires are good, but still no red boot up light. I then checked voltage from BATT+ to the points you have on page 35 of the revised v10.007F manual and nothing. No readings. I was only able to check points that are on my board because you show a v10.0 board and mine is a v10.4 board. The illustrated v10.0 have three points that are missing on my v10.4. Maybe they were eliminated or relocated elsewhere. They were resistor pads. Might want to revise the v10.007F and v10.006B manuals because my other two boards are above the shown v10.0 and say v10.3 on the card.
So, Have we gone through all the testing, or is there more for me to try? I'm still calling it the sound card. No pictures or video. Pads for power look good to me just like the switch pads do. No severing or burnt marks. Just have to take my word for it. I'm sure you will eventually see the board when it is sent to you overseas.

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2023, 12:51:04 AM »
picture of the back of the board (macro, unblurr picture) please.

I suspect you lost or ripped off the reverse polarity protection of the board, resulting of the board not being powered, right after the power supply pads (which could be what you describe as 3 points missing)

Offline ViperR

• Padawan Learner
  • Hey all
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2023, 12:29:54 PM »
Here are the best closeups I could do. Underside and also near the pads underneath. Nothing looks sheared off to me.
I heard from Michael at plrepairusa and I already have it packaged up to mail tomorrow. he said a possible cold solder joint and will test everything out.

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2023, 10:56:22 PM »
awesome and thank you for sharing the pictures, I wanted to ensure no parts were missing. Michael will test it and will let me know

retrousse