fiduciary

Author Topic: Luke Skywalker ROTJ Review+Pics (2005)  (Read 5462 times)

D@rth M@ul

Luke Skywalker ROTJ Review+Pics (2005)
« on: August 12, 2006, 09:23:40 AM »
My Story:
I have been looking at force fx lightsaber ever since they came out.  I always wanted one but i never reall imagined my actually getting one.  But one day i was at Borders and I saw that they had the Luke ROTJ and i loved it the first moment i saw it.  I was determined to get one.  As soon as I got home i was to fx-sabers.com an started reading reviews and i saw that everyone was extremely satisfied so i had made my decision.  So i prined off a 30% off coupon but it said only 10% off on electronics.  So i was shocked.  I called all of the Borders in my area and they all said that I couldnt get the 30% off because it was an electronic and the i called one last Bordes near me and I ws once more shocked.  They got the manager on the phone with me and he said that i caould indded get the 30% off because they said it was a DVD!  It was originally 119.99 but after the coupon and taxes it was 83.99.  And this is where my story begins.

The Hilt:
One of the things that i like the most about this hilt was that you couldnt get fingerprints on it.  It is very easy to do spins and duel.  The On/Off switch was in a very great spon where not once have i turned off the saber while handeling.  Some people complain about the neck being to fat, but i dont mind at all. 

The Emitter-Blade:When I turned this thing on, WOW, it is bright.  There were noticable black spots unless you looked at an angle at it.  The blade was a little wobbley and it felt like it was a little loose where it enter the emitter.  But overall i was very happy with the blade.

The Batter Pack:
The Luke's battery back was the only thing that was a little unhappy about.  It uses 6 AA batties which definately put some weight in the hilt.  But this is also a good thing because of the brightness and the less amont of time you have to change batteries. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

The blade in a normally light room:

-----------------------------------------------------------

The blade in a dim room:

----------------------------------------------------------

The blade in complete darkness:

« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 04:30:05 PM by D@rth M@ul »

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
Re: Luke Skywalker ROTJ Review+Pics (2005)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 09:29:00 AM »
I'm glad you like your ROTJ saber. I love mine, it's my favorite. To me it feels so well balanced. Welcome to the boards!
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline Jedi Ollie

• Force User
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 08:58:48 AM »
Awesome review! Really looking forward to seeing more from you! ;)

D@rth M@ul

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 10:55:14 AM »
Not much of a review i know, but i never usually write reviews, i just post, but thanks.  I predict that i will be writing many reviews in the future and i hope they will be alot better than this.  In my opinion, i think aayla and anakin skywalker write excellent reviews.

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 11:07:58 AM »
congratz on your new saber!
The Force will be with you....always.

D@rth M@ul

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 02:04:25 PM »
ive had this saber for about 6 months, so its not reall new.   here is my collection, luke rotj, maul double tpm, ani rots, and obi wan rots   ;D

Offline Jedi Tom

• Padawan Learner
  • Twisted by the dark side young Skywalker is.
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 06:19:49 PM »
mad review and pics man well done ;D :D ;) 8)

retrousse