fiduciary

Author Topic: LDMCustomsabers Build Log - 2018-19 News and Stock update link in 1st post  (Read 62631 times)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
This is a list of the current projects on my bench

I update my site as things become available and all stock and in-stock updates happen there in real time-->:  LDM's HOME PAGE

Structure of the build log (as of Feb. 15, 2012):

Custom Project Selection Process: 

Firstly, I would like to thank each and every one of my many clients over the last 6 years.  Without you, my artistic pursuits would not be realized and for that, I am eternally thankful.  Please understand that the following "rules" are now in effect to make your experience with me better.  I strive for EXCELLENT client care and quality of work and feel as though the following changes will help me to deliver that more effectively than I already do without stressing me out so bad that I feel like i need to puke every day.

The manner in which I will accept new commissions must be changed.  Philosophically, I am not comfortable sitting on people's money for extended periods of time, nor am I comfortable making people wait for long periods of time.  Finally, I really hate finally getting to a project only to find that the client has disappeared into the great beyond internetz after I have all their parts on hand.  So, to rectify this I have created my new build log.  As you can see by looking below, there are limited spots for various types of projects.  If the type of project you want is full, then I will not take it until a spot opens up.  Period.  Right now, I have 25+ people waiting for me to accept commissions again...look at my log...does it look like I will be getting to anything new any time soon?  The projects there already are 3 months + of work and other than the repairs, it is all from my previous build log!

What will happen is that I will diligently update my build log (both here and on my site...see my blog above for announcements) as spots become available.  When I clear 2-3 projects, I will open up the spots.  The first folks to contact me will get those slots if we can  agree on the details.  So, which place do I update quicker?  My site.  Usually update it 1-24 hours sooner than here.

How do I pick the projects that I will accept?  Well, I have to feel them.  I am done taking projects that I can't put my heart into.  If I decline your project, it doesn't mean that it sucks, it just means that it doesn't move ME.  Art is like that.  My long time clients already know this about me and now is the time that the rest of you do as well.  You know before you come to me if you like my style and if you do, then don't be surprised if I ma opinionated about your project.  I have done this nearing 400 times now.  I know what I am doing and I will not steer you wrong.  If I say it will look bad...it will.  If I say it won't work...it won't.  Finally, I reserve the right to "jump around" my build log as I see fit.  I don't do it often, but sometimes I get "blocked" and need to clear my head by working on something else.  If you commission me, do not complain about this.

If you commission me, you are gonna have to trust me or we cannot work together.  I will not steal your money, nor will I simply disappear (barring an accident or something).  If it turns out that  I cannot finish our business together (my fault) then I will refund your deposit money in it's entirety.  If you spaz out, I will not refund you unless you find someone to buy you out (and it will be minus the paypal fees).

So, in summation...you want me to do a project for you, you #1 check this very build log and see if I have a spot open BEFORE you PM or email me.  Then, #2 you read my Services post (above or on my site) so that you understand my guidelines/policies.  Finally, #3 you PM or email me and we discuss your project.  If you miss any of the above 3 steps, I will tell you to read my services thread/tab and possibly send Gravy to your domicile for a little "awareness training".  ;)

As always, you are free to PM or email me questions, but make sure you have actually looked for the answer here first ;)

The BUILD LOG is Currently:  OPEN for product saber orders
and CLOSED for Custom saber orders

On the Bench (as of 12/6/16): 

Build Log full of product sabers through my site. 

Still have graflex 2.0, MKVI-e V2 and V3, MKIII-re, Malakyte 2.0, 51TH Commando 2.0 and Cane Sabers in stock available for commission. I keep the stock numbers accurate there, so if it says I have them, I do.

Current Runs for 2016/17:

1. Exar Kun - (may move to 2017) A Rebellion Run
2. KotOR Revans--Will be back in stock, early 2017
3. MKVI, should follow that shortly.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 11:29:03 PM by GENERAL GRIEVOUS »

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
Updated with PC-L install prices. (in the CF install section in BIG GREEN letters, lol)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 09:49:04 PM by GENERAL GRIEVOUS »

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
Updated.   Just a note.  I only have 13 total MKVI's available.  You can count how many are in my build log and subtract that # from 13 to see how many slots there truly are.  This is a good reason to BID on the auction sabers (of which there will be 2 or 3 over the next few weeks).  That is all ;)

MKVI Auction thread linky:  http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=30383.0
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 11:35:12 AM by GENERAL GRIEVOUS »

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
I see that I have 10+ PMs...I am so sorry folks, but I am going to bed.  I got home late and am bushed.  I will get back at you folks tomorrow.  @Zerospeed...Dude, just join eBay...it is super easy to use ;)

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
There is an illness in the family, and LDM?General Grievous will not have internet for the next few days, per text message.

If you have a question concerning:
Site related , please contact another FX-Sabers.com staff member.
Build related, please be patient.
Technical question, post a thread and another member will try to answer it.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
Yes, I am officially on Vacation until next month.  If I have a project for you, it is getting pushed back.  If you want a refund on your deposit, PM me.  If you want me to pick up where i left off when I get back next month, then no need to PM me. ;)

I badly need the time off to re-invigorate my creative process.  I do this once per year.  I hope everyone understands (and no, I don't plan on skipping out with everyone's cash and parts, lol.)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
Still on vacation.  I willl not be taking anything new until September.  I will indeed be working this month (likely will start mid-month) but I will be focusing on things already in the build log.  You may notice a few new things there.  They are not new, but are indeed things that I have been talking to folks about for a few months and have just now firmed up the details. 

I am getting a ton of "can you convert my korbanth hilts" questions.  I still do not have mine so I have no idea on pricing or if I am even willing to so them.  Once i get mine I will post an updated pricing structure if I do indeed decide to take any of them on.

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
Re: LDMCustomsabers Build Log - 2018-19 News and Stock update link in 1st post
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 11:36:24 AM »
Seriously updated. ;D
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 07:50:28 PM by GENERAL GRIEVOUS »

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
nice update...
gotta admit I like your style and thought process...

Gracias.  I'm just trying to keep things moving without sitting on folks hard earned bucks for too long. :D

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
nice update...
gotta admit I like your style and thought process...

Gracias.  I'm just trying to keep things moving without sitting on folks hard earned bucks for too long. :D

I'll have to keep an eye on your log cause i got something i want done...  eventually lol

Subscribe you should, lol.

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
MKIII slots for the first half of 2012 are full. This part of the log carries over until the project is finished.  I am currently waiting a new batch of MKIII's and will update on the log when I get them.

Offline Deedzor

• Padawan Learner
Gahh! I can't believe I forgot to book a Mk III spot  :(

You snooze, you lose - lesson learned!

Custom machined V2 with PC by LDM
Dark Jedi Luke/Obi hybrid with PC by LDM
JSS Starkiller #10/10 with CF v4.2 with FoC

Offline scottjua

• Master Force User
    • Scott and Tem Photography
Posting to subscribe... cause I think my name's gonna be up there sometime... ^_^

LOL, Scott...you know you can click "notify" and you will get a notification every time I post here ;)  Also, I tend to clean this thread periodically of posts that I didn't make so the notify option is more "reliable" ;)

Ha... yeah I figured that out AFTER I posted... sorry man. ^_^ Email sent your way.

Hasbro Darth Vader Removable Blade
OR Qui Gon CFLS w/Makoto Green
MR Luke V2 LE
MR Qui Gon LE
EFX Ahsoka
Real Parts Obi Wan ANH (90%)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
Posting to subscribe... cause I think my name's gonna be up there sometime... ^_^

LOL, Scott...you know you can click "notify" and you will get a notification every time I post here ;)  Also, I tend to clean this thread periodically of posts that I didn't make so the notify option is more "reliable" ;)

Ha... yeah I figured that out AFTER I posted... sorry man. ^_^ Email sent your way.

No worries.  Just didn't want ya to "expect" to get a notification and not get one ;)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
Big update...spots open...I think, lol.

A note on the MKVI's...I literally have 20+ people asking.  I cannot in good conscience select the best "back door" deal.  I have decided to just build the last 3 or 4 and Auction them here (or in my Blog).  The first will be a MKVI V2.  It is already weathered and will likely be finished in about a week.  The Auction sabers will all very likely be PCv2.0 sabers, since I only have 2 CF's left right now and have 3 CF projects to do.  I know that this may upset some of you and for that you have my sincerest apologies.

retrousse