fiduciary

Author Topic: Making my own "Luxeon Light Saber" with "Plecter Labs" Kit. Update 04/13/06  (Read 26473 times)

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
Cool, Louis.
You already have a very individual looking grill at the bottom of the saber. It really looks like it's made for the job.
It's amazing how everyday household items look great as lightsaber components.
I look forward to further developments.

I'm going to have to look into these dremel tools in more depth. I had no idea that there was such a variety of different models and attachments available.
I'm not sure which one I would want to get.

xwingband

I'll tell you that for most purposes any above the mid to upper range ones will do.  The lower ones either won't hold a charge or be weak.  Your best friend in hilt building is the heavy duty cutoff wheels and a sanding drum.

It's not needed really... but I'm telling you I couldn't live without the snake attachment.  LOVE IT.  I also tend to use the engraving bits and cutting bits for shaping wood.

I have an XPR.  So I have the jigsaw attachment and I'm looking to get the router for sure and possibly the circular saw attachments.

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
Thanks for the info xwingband.
I think the XPR is called the 400 digital here in the UK. Confusing.
I would probably  buy one of the higher end ones. It's usually better to spend a bit more.
You pays your money and takes your choice.

Offline Louis

• Master Force User
  • Hello from France;)
    • Here is my website, based on my comic book.
It's done! Well, in fact, almost! I'v a lot of little détails and finitions to do, but 90% of the saber is done!;)

You just can't imagine how it's thrilling and exiting to ignitiate your own-made lightsaber for the first time!;)

Wow! Well, in fact, one of the most difficult part was to fit everything IN the hilt!;) ha ha ha

I'm pretty satisfied with what the hilt look like( even it is not finished as I told before). It is "luke esb" look like but rather different too!;)
I wanted an "roots and damaged" look too! Like the saber as seen many battle. More "real" than "props" if you know what I mean.

When, it was a pleasure to share this making of with you people! Hope you enjoigned the ride!;)

I'll post the very finished verion later. But, again, be patient my Jedis!;) Ha ha ha

And a little vid!!!

http://slouiss.club.fr/index.html/divers/louislightsabermo1.asf

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
Impressive, Louis.
Nice and bright and I don't see any of the 'tip flare' that we hear so much about with the luxeon sabers.
The glow looks really even along the blade, too.
I like the way you have angled the inner emitter against the outer, it gives it a really cool look.

Thanks for sharing.

Offline Louis

• Master Force User
  • Hello from France;)
Thanks a lot Timmy-Wan!

I'm very glad that you like it!

Here are some extra pics and a new vid;)  In fact, I've just finished the top of the hilt! And a lot of détail inside that you can't see!

It is fully duallableèè The Plecter Labs kit is really amazing( the electronic parts are from that society;)

I'm really happy with my very first LightSaber made with my own hands!;)

and the little vid:
http://slouiss.club.fr/index.html/divers/louislightsabermo2.asf
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 10:01:48 PM by Louis »

Offline Dark Skywalker

• formerly known as Dark Skywalker
  • Master Force User
Looks great Louis! So is it finished?

Nothing Is Impossible

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Very Nice saber ! I'm going to post those in my gallery.
The tip is not flaring partly thank the semi reflective mirror film I use, which is nothing comparable to the classic mylar used for wrapping electronic part. Heavily reflective as a mirror but still transmitting a bit of light, one of the best compromise between the plain mirror and mylar film.

Btw : about translation and stuff, I'm close to finish the translation of my luxeon tutorial (with the proper mentions about corbin's work, from who I learnt a lot). The website will be translated when limbo will be version 1.0.5, which will handle multiple languages (I hope so).

Erv'

Offline Louis

• Master Force User
  • Hello from France;)
Dark Skywalker: Well, almost, I guess that it is finished to 95%;) I just take my time to see what make lese on it;) I'v a little Idea, but I like it like that in fact. Maybe on an other one!;)

I'm planning to make a Yoda saber like for my wife;)

Erv: Thanks a lot! Well, I guess that a lot of people downthere could be very intersted by your stuff, once they could read it in english of course;) So, Hurry up!!!;) ha ha ha You did a great job on those electronic parts, and your tutorial is really amazing and helps a lot!!!
I found some intersting parts-tip for the bottom of the hilt, and the "U" part for the buttons. If you want me to tell you what, let me know;)

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
Amazing Louis! ;)

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
Daaaamn....that is awesome! I wish I could make my own, but I have no tools, nor any skill with them.

Oh well, my MR's will have to do!  ;D

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
Top notch work, Louis.
If you are planning to build any more, let us know about it.
I'm going to have to find the time to get around to building one.

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
Same here...

Offline Darth Pantsless

• Master Force User
  • He's a scoundrel, you'd like him
That looks movie real

I'm impressed. I just wish I wasn't a total xxx at making stuff so I would do it myself

Offline Louis

• Master Force User
  • Hello from France;)
That looks movie real

Wow that's the best compliment you could make me!;) Thanks a lot!;)

Timmy-wan: No problem, I will!;) post the next one and the ohters too!;)

Kyp durron: Thanks too! Just try one time to do yours, whatever the skills, the pleasure will be great! (Darth pantsless, go go go too!;)

Ani: Thankkkkkkksss;)

retrousse