fiduciary

Author Topic: New  (Read 3081 times)

Offline Finelinewalker

• Force User
New
« on: January 31, 2011, 04:57:01 AM »
Hi everybody I am new to this site and Sabers and this is my first post in the review section, gonna give it a whirl so please be patient. I have 5 sabers all bought within a month so I am going to spend some time with them before I review any more in depth. First off though I want to do a brief review of how I feel about my AOTC Master Replica.

Upon recieving this saber I immeadiately opened it up and the first thing that struck me was WOW, I love this hilt, although I have read mixed reviews about this particular Saber (I won't go through the sound, brightness etc there are plenty of great reviews already on here) I fell in love with it straight away. Yes the battery compartment is awkward but from the looks point of view it is a thing of beauty, I love the way it is similar to Vaders and the weight of it is brilliant. Aside from this being an el as opposed to LED I think with it being my first Saber and knowing that it is the first Saber MR made I have quite a silly love for it and therefore will be biased by saying it is the best of my collection thus far although not my favourite to wield. Finelinewalker.
Finelinewalker

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
Re: New
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 06:02:05 AM »
Welcome to the forum. 

That's cool you picked up an old EL saber.  Even though it is outdated and a bit inferior to the newer saber technology it's a cool saber to be proud of.  It's one of the first.  Kind of like owning a model T Ford.  Not anywhere near the cars of today but still fun to own for nostalgic reasons.

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
Re: New
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 09:55:42 AM »
I think that the EL Anakin AOTC was the first.
I got my Anakin AOTC off eBay...broken and without a blade. :'(
Nobody was doing conversions for that saber at the time, so I ended up parting it out. :-\

Thanks for sharing! Definitely spend time with your sabers. Enjoy them. That's what they're for. ;)
And if you break them, this is the place to learn how to fix them. :D

retrousse