fiduciary

Author Topic: No Midwest?!  (Read 4252 times)

Offline Jai-Kinn Jaden

• Experienced Force User
  • I warn you not to underestimate my powers...
No Midwest?!
« on: May 08, 2009, 09:56:49 PM »
I see forums up there for Northern US, Southern US, East coast and West coast...but no Midwest! There is a big giant spot smack dab in the middle! I live in Illinois, is there no guild or dueling society around here?
Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

Be what you are.

Bad company corrupts good character.

Offline Gil Gamesh

• Formerly known as Kit Fisto
  • Master Force User
Re: No Midwest?!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 11:20:38 PM »
I'm in Kansas!!  Midwest HOOOO!  But alas, we're aparantly out in the "boonies" for this obsession :-)
Support our Font Makers!

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 11:37:10 PM »
We are part of the Northern US one for the forum. I along with a handful of others are located in the St Louis Area. Look under the Northern US and Missouri thread.

Offline GMLumpy

• Master Pastor
  • Experienced Force User
  • Christian Jedi
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 06:24:50 AM »
I'm in St. Joseph (north of Kansas City) and I feel the same way... I am starting my own group here and you can come and duel (play) with us if you want :D
May the Lord of the force be with you.

Being a Game Master means all your rolls are natural 20's

Offline whitetiger

• No Force
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 06:07:59 AM »
Hi Saber fighters. I am a high school fencing coach in ILL. I am starting a light saber fighting club in may 2010  in libertyville
iLL and in kenosha Wis.  I will post more as we get up and running. We will use armor( football helmets and vision guards and lacross chest protectors and lacross gloves. and any other protection as we deem it needed.
we are going to use the us fencing rules.   so far as we test this stuff its seems to work out its fast and fun and we have no HEY I HIT YOU!!! stuff going on its a sport and looks like a sport [ not like " they look like two guy who know nothing about swords.]
the little kids and adults love it, the teen girls hit the hardest and the 18--23 year olds spin the blade and get fancy the most.
the best move so far is a bind on the other guys blade  and spin your saber behind your back and hit as you run by your opponet. it has a 75 - 80 hit rate so far. its like if you get the bind as your running the behind the back shot will hit unless its parryed. but a strong bind takes time to recover from so if you catch his blade most of the time you get a hit.
oh in our game we can cross over forward  LIKE the old days of saber fighting. the head shot on a football helmet sounds great and no pain at all just a loud pop the noise makes you duck. the clear face guard can take a hit no problem we use a hockey neck guard too for neck protection. we are forming teams soon and we are haveing fun. we are looking in to insurance so we  can rent a building. so  email me at whitetiger8282@yahoo.com if you live near us and we will keep u posted
WT

Offline The Rebel

• Formerly known as Kyuubi
  • Master Force User
  • Rebel by nature, comedian by choice.
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 08:21:44 AM »
Check out www.saberwars.com, bro. Look for the Windy City Jedi. They're the Chicago chapter.

I also live in St. Louis county, currently sitting in my dorm room at Lindenwood University lol

retrousse