fiduciary

Author Topic: Yoda DIY Graflex Chassis Kit ESB Vintage  (Read 34419 times)

Offline Evan Zal

• Padawan Learner
Re: Yoda DIY Graflex Chassis Kit ESB Vintage
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 03:04:48 PM »
Very cool ;D Are you still waiting for your blade adapter to come or do you have one already? I ordered one from The Graflex Shop, but it tends to take a while for them. I have another Graflex, that was meant to be completely custom, that I am going to upgrade anyway. So, I took the blade adapter out of that one because I wasn't going to wait for TGS.

Offline LUKE SKYWALKER

• Formerly Egon Mcgregor
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Keeper of the Graflex
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 03:08:55 PM »
i already have the blade adapter ( and all other parts ), should be in the 3rd or 4th pic  ;)
less work and more time for saber building is the only thing i need  ;)

Offline LUKE SKYWALKER

• Formerly Egon Mcgregor
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Keeper of the Graflex
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2011, 04:55:51 PM »
BUMP for the final Yoda DIY chassis Kit assembly!!!  8)

Offline Obi-Shane

• Master Force User
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2011, 05:05:36 PM »
Beautiful m8, beautiful! :D

I'm very curious about how these sound, compared to , say , a inch or two of resonance. I LOVE to hear your graflex's sound compared to a MR Luke ANH or something to get a comparison. I spent a while tweaking the sound on mine to get it to desirable levels. I think I will be grabbing one from Yoda's next run. I have a video up of mine compared to a LUKE ANH, maybe you can use it to gauge a comparison m8. Keep me posted!

Gratz on your first built crystal chassis, the reward really is in the work huh? :D

Cheers m8!

Shane

Offline RedArc

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2011, 10:57:48 PM »
awesome  :o

Now only one step is left before finishing an great Saber !

Weiter so  ;)

Offline LUKE SKYWALKER

• Formerly Egon Mcgregor
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Keeper of the Graflex
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2011, 11:06:10 PM »
thanks Obi, yes building Yodas kit is really fun, and i learnd a lot things!
when the saber is complete i will make a review video and will try to point out the difference for you
between running the saber without the bottom shell and with it attached ;)

Offline LUKE SKYWALKER

• Formerly Egon Mcgregor
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Keeper of the Graflex
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2011, 11:09:53 PM »
awesome  :o

Now only one step is left before finishing an great Saber !

Weiter so  ;)

thanks bro!  ;)
this "little" step need some more modifications on the graflex shell. i have to drill the holes for the grip section, and trim the slide switch to fit
the graflex blade adapter and the tiny tactile button. but after that... my first self built graflex is finished!!!

Danke! ;)

Offline Revan Reborn

• Formerly known as dj2rbo
  • Master Force User
  • SHABBA!!
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2011, 11:33:59 PM »
Wow. Havent even started mine yet  :'( I HOPE mine will end up looking like yours. GOOD JOB!!

Watcha!! Darth Insidious gonna get cha!!!!!

Offline Evan Zal

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2011, 11:56:30 PM »
Dude, be careful when you cut that metal tab for the slider switch, I screwed mine up a little bit. Nothing I had would cut the metal, so I was going to kind of bend it back and forth. It broke off a little too high up. I ended up having to bend down the remainder with pliers and it worked out. My slider switch is a tiny bit farther up though. 8)

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2011, 02:49:19 AM »

I'm very curious about how these sound, compared to , say , a inch or two of resonance. I LOVE to hear your graflex's sound compared to a MR Luke ANH or something to get a comparison. I spent a while tweaking the sound on mine to get it to desirable levels. I think I will be grabbing one from Yoda's next run. I have a video up of mine compared to a LUKE ANH, maybe you can use it to gauge a comparison m8. Keep me posted!

Gratz on your first built crystal chassis, the reward really is in the work huh? :D

Cheers m8!

Shane

They sound great and are very loud even with the small resonance chamber.  Mine is powered with a CF 4.3 and its the perfect volume.  I have the ESB version with sound holes under the d ring bracket.  No issues at all with sound volume or quality. You will be pleased.  :D
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 05:34:42 AM by LUKE SKYWALKER »

Offline Obi-Shane

• Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2011, 04:30:49 AM »

Cheers m8!

Shane

They sound great and are very loud even with the small resonance chamber.  Mine is power with a CF 4.3 and its the perfect volume.  I have the ESB version with sound holes under the d ring bracket.  No issues at all wi sound volume or quality. You will be pleased.  :D

I spent quite some time tweaking mine till I was happy with the sound, It is louder then my Luke ANH at least. I wonder, how much louder is the CF vs the PC? I don't think I've read anything on that subject. I still wish it could be louder though, I find myself increasing the volume in the soundfonts I have even, Makes me wonder if I have a bum speaker. I vented the holes like you told me over a year ago when I first asked you for help, I also went and hollowed out the 2 D ring mount set screws( that made a huge difference). I also played with making the air chamber , sealed, or ported( not fully sealed behind the speaker), ported seemed to work slightly better. Think I'm straying from the subject here. haha.

Cheers! Looking forward to his next run

Shane

Offline LUKE SKYWALKER

• Formerly Egon Mcgregor
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Keeper of the Graflex
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2011, 05:14:15 AM »
actually the sound chamber is sealed with the bigger plastic tube/foil Yoda includes in his kit.
as i can see so far, the soud chamber will be about half an inch, that is not too much, but should work pretty well.
if you like, i can make a sound comparison in my video with my CF5 graflex! i puttet the soundfiles from my Yoda Graflex V
on the PC card so it would be a 1:1 comparison ( the chamber in the Yoda Graflex V is a little longer because of the different
battery setup )

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2011, 05:36:42 AM »
Of course my knowledge is based off my drilled edition chassis which is a bit different than the DIY chassis.  Although I have the 14550 battery setup that takes more space.  It's possible the resonance chamber is a bit different.  It's hard to tell from your pics and I don't have a DIY chassis to do a side by side.

Offline LUKE SKYWALKER

• Formerly Egon Mcgregor
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Keeper of the Graflex
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2011, 06:17:00 AM »
the DIY chassis has about 1/8 inch  space to the bottom of the shell when attached to it ( and the graflex is closed ), my drilled quartz edt. has more than 1/4 inch.
i will try to make the soundhole setup as nearly as possible like Yoda did. but i think the CF is a way more louder than the PC.

Offline LUKE SKYWALKER

• Formerly Egon Mcgregor
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Keeper of the Graflex
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2011, 01:54:15 PM »
BUMP for some little updates and Graflex Vintage photos  8)

tomorrow there a a few things left to do:
-drilling the holes in the bottom of the Graflex ( d-ring and sound holes ) and for the grips
- attaching the d-ring
- attaching the T grips
- applying the mylar tape
- refit the bunny ears
- and not to forget all the little details like the graflex pins aso.

well a lot todo for tomrrow  ;)

ps: the reason why there are no photos of the activated chassis yet is because the guy at conrad ( local electronic dealer here in austria ) gave me
3,7 lithium cells with 2200 mAh  :P didn't check that at the cash desk and i noticed that yesterday when i was trying to fire the saber up, something
sounded wrong with the pc ( my first guess ) a lot of crackeling. i checked the cells and the have too much mAh over 2 Amp. i remembered on the
descriptions in the manual: PC supports cells up to 2 Amp. so today i ordered some recharable 1750 LIon's that Yoda recommended in the DIY Kit
question thread, and a Lion recharger ( should arrive to the end of next week ).
for testing i bridged the pos. and neg. contacts of the chassis-batterie holder to a 4 AAA Batterie holder i usually use for testing purpose.
ok, more updates tomorrow!!!  :)

retrousse