fiduciary

Author Topic: Roman's Graflex Hilt - A Gift  (Read 838 times)

Offline Kreyhn

• No Force
  • BZZSHZRRMMmmmmm...
Roman's Graflex Hilt - A Gift
« on: December 27, 2018, 09:01:12 AM »
Hello everyone,

I have been working on an ANH Graflex build with Roman's Graflex replica.  I had it near completion but could not get the sound tuned correctly.  After making modifications to it over the past few months, the tuning improved.  I still was unable to produce the right sensitivity to swing without triggering random swing noises.  During my last tries at modifying things more, the soundboard stopped working properly and began to make aberrant noises.  This was the sign that it was time for me to let this saber go.  I work a difficult job, and this saber had started with excitement and awe.  It was wonderful to work on it after getting home.  It just became too frustrating for me to work with in the end.  I dis-assembled the internal components and would like to offer the hilt to anyone who wants it.  With the intention that it turn into a well-functioning saber through someone else's work, I would like to offer it as a gift.  Please let me know if you have any interest in taking this where I have left off, and I we can coordinate the shift of hands.

This includes:
Hilt shell with grips installed and a Graflex Shop slide switch. The bottom tube has sound-holes drilled and a 10-32 tapped hole for the D-ring. With it are a short and long 10-32 screw depending on if you want an internal nut for extra security.
Roman's red button with a bit of LEGO sanded down and glued on to make contact with a tactile switch.
Roman's blade holder. It has a set screw for 7/8" LED module. It also has 3x 4-40 rods threadlocked into the holder and cut almost to the right length for GOTH-3Designs Knight chassis system. The 4-40 rods have brass nuts (I can no longer remember the proper name for this type of nut) on them. Those nuts which touch the holder are threadlocked on. The threadlocker (purple loc-tite) I used can be broken with pliers.
KR blade plug
Wannawanga calculator card
TGS dark glass thumbscrew
Roman's slotted screw and brass pins
ShtokyD's graflex pin tool

I sincerely hope this hilt finds better hands to give it light and sound.

Offline Darth_Paul

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Roman's Graflex Hilt - A Gift
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 12:03:58 PM »
PM sent!

Offline Kreyhn

• No Force
  • BZZSHZRRMMmmmmm...
Re: Roman's Graflex Hilt - A Gift
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 01:46:15 PM »
The hilt has found a new home.  May it grow into a beautiful saber with all the lights and sounds!

retrousse