fiduciary

Author Topic: Very easy (and easily removable) way to "test weather" your saber  (Read 767 times)

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEJChOCW3qo

So I was on a 5 minute break from my exam studying, and it hit me, if I want to see what my saber would look like weathered without actually weathering it, I could use a dry erase marker and then wipe away parts of it.  It isn't permanent or damaging to paint, aluminum, chrome, or just about anything else you could find on the outside of a saber, and it wipes off with ease.  The results speak for themselves.  I have since made it look a lot better (less weathering looks much better on this saber) but I won't have time for a new video till tomorrow night at the earliest, but I wanted to share this idea with you guys.  I thought it was a pretty good way to visualize weathering before you do it. 

Thanks guys

Alex

Offline DarthCaedus

• Formerly known as initiatedark
  • Experienced Force User
  • those darn walking carpets....
Re: Very easy (and easily removable) way to "test weather" your saber
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 09:33:02 AM »
thats a pretty cool idea, alex! and it looks sweet as well, especially considering that it took you about 5 minutes to do  ;D

Hang on to your hate. It will help you endure. I couldn't hate, and it nearly destroyed me

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
Re: Very easy (and easily removable) way to "test weather" your saber
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 09:40:45 AM »
looks much better now, much closer to what I think would be considered 9.999 foot weathering  ;D.  Maybe even a little bit lighter than that, but it looks really good.  I may have to weather this saber afterall.  Might use paint instead of birchwood casey aluminum black.  Not sure.  Gonna have to experiment (which leads to an inevitable comparison thread.  1 rib with paint, 1 with birchwood casey). 

Here are some pics of what it looks like now. 

« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 09:49:07 AM by Alex Gordon »

retrousse