fiduciary

Author Topic: Builder Challenge  (Read 1820 times)

Offline JustHangingOut

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Builder Challenge
« on: January 02, 2018, 06:48:43 PM »
Hey guys, I'm new...don't judge.

I'v been lurking around for a bit trying to learn and one thing I keep seeing as a shortfall to the realism is how many "special effects" are engaged with different button configurations instead of more natural means...so my idea for the builder challenge...

I challenge you all to build a saber, with with all the cool gadgets like accelerometers for motion sounds, led strips for activation and deactivation effects,....and incorporate this type of tech or similar (google makey makey kits) to engage the blade lock up tones when the blades touch something....

I hope I’m not reinventing the wheel and getting a lot of eye rolls with this post...if I am, I’ll delete it promptly. 

First to build it gets bragging rights and will make tons of money doing installs from my cool idea...hopefully I’ll be given the opportunity to get on the first production run of these super cool sabers at a super discounted rate since I don't have my first saber yet....still lurking/window shopping until i make my decision or someone makes my idea a reality

Ready Go!

p.s. if this idea has already been tossed around...please forgive...i will delete the post promptly.  enjoy!

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
Re: Builder Challenge
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 06:58:52 PM »
There are saber building contests that go on every so often, but usually not on this forum.

Also, there are sound cards that exist that offer almost all of the sound effects that one would want or need. Some effects don’t need effects buttons to activate them, but some do.

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

Offline JustHangingOut

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 07:06:40 PM »
There are saber building contests that go on every so often, but usually not on this forum.

Also, there are sound cards that exist that offer almost all of the sound effects that one would want or need. Some effects don’t need effects buttons to activate them, but some do.

I understand that some effects use motion etc.
What I am looking for is someone to incorporate the blade lockup tones with physical touch of the blade so when people actually lockup, the sound occurs "naturally"

I wouldnt consider this a contest...Im not handing out prizes...this is more of a "sharing good ideas for the good of the group" type thing

Offline K-2SO

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 07:11:58 PM »
The odds of that are not very promising.

Offline JustHangingOut

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 07:16:59 PM »
The odds of that are not very promising.

no worries
If it's a junk post, ill happily delete it and spare everyone the minutes of wasted life.
just trying to make a contribution to creators and innovators
Either way, i'm enjoying checking out all the cool stuff on here and hope it will turn into a lifelong hobby for my kids and I

Thanks admin folks for the information hub 

Offline K-2SO

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 07:21:03 PM »
It can stay, but I will monitor it.

Enjoy looking around. I’m sure you’ll learn a lot.

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 12:36:23 AM »
I understand that some effects use motion etc.
What I am looking for is someone to incorporate the blade lockup tones with physical touch of the blade so when people actually lockup, the sound occurs "naturally"

I implemented that in a saber prototype (vader ESB conversion IIRC) back in 2006. Please excuse the crude quality of that video, that was long ago
http://www.plecterlabs.com/Media/VaderEp5_LockupSensor.avi

retrousse