fiduciary

Author Topic: SaberCon I - Can it happen? ALL input welcomed.  (Read 17643 times)

Offline Ratven

• Padawan Learner
Re: SaberCon I - Can it happen? ALL input welcomed.
« Reply #120 on: August 22, 2013, 11:54:26 AM »
I would be most interested in attending. I put in another Canadian vote for Chicago!

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #121 on: August 24, 2013, 10:20:00 PM »
Those who have volunteered to help, please PM me the email address you would like for me to use to get in contact with you about this.  I have also put out this request at the IRA.  Once i get the email addresses, i will send an introductory email and we can get rolling.

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • NCSCS - Sabercombat.com
    • DIAMOND DRAGONS: Humans stand, heroes fall--but DRAGONS are *Forever*...
« Reply #122 on: September 02, 2013, 02:19:42 PM »
So is Novastar volunteering to host a few workshops during the event?  ;)

Yes.  We have already discussed it before I announced this idea to y'all ;)   They need to be things that folks want to do though.  In other words, my man isn't hosting a sparring class for 3 people ;)

Indeed!  It would be silly if we only had 3 people, but... I doubt we'll need to worry about that.  :)

In addition to "just me" doing saber combat, the hopes and goals are to have others from the community there as well regarding Saber Combat.  As well as for many other topics, such as prop-making, saber-building, etc.

In general, the idea of a "Summer Gathering" is one that MANY of you know that I have been pushing for, working on, aiming towards... for many years now.  :)  Some of my old posts can be seen regarding that, although it was initially only about saber combat, since... at the time, I wasn't sure who would be aboard to *RUN* such a crazy project.

Bear in mind:

* The wheels of progress ARE turning... some are a bit more "behind-the-scenes", but only in order to make it HAPPEN (nothing dubious or secret!!!)
* There is HARD work ahead for the organizers
* There is also going to be GREAT FUN with the whole event
* If things go as I've always dreamed and imagined... the event will be VERY different from just "any ol' convention" in that... I want you to walk out: better, faster, stronger, smarter, more skilled than you came in...

...and that doesn't mean just about saber combat!

BOTTOM LINE:

Tentative dates, location, and general 411 will be comin' soon... but pardon our dust as it gets organized!

--Nova
* Former creator and owner of SaberCombat
* CUSTOM SOUND FONT LIST --->
Click here for Nova's 100+ custom sound fonts!
* PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS ---> Click here for Nova's saber performance work...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline theta03

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #123 on: September 02, 2013, 09:14:01 PM »
I am waiting patiently for it.

retrousse