fiduciary

Author Topic: Maybe i can get some help here with a SW205 from 2004  (Read 877 times)

Offline Maahr_Krell

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Maybe i can get some help here with a SW205 from 2004
« on: August 21, 2019, 12:10:21 PM »
Today an old Friend brought a SW205 Master Replica Luke Skywalker Lightsaber over which sadly enough seems not to work anymore.
As it wont start no more even with fresh Batteries i guess one of the Cables broke.
But i have no idea on how to open the Hilt to check if i can repair it myself.
So everyone tells me that this isnt possible at this special Saber, but i am not someone to give up easy and well if the best say u cant then u have to go to the Masters right?
Point is Argentum Sabers here in Germany said they would be able to fix it, but it would cost me 300,- Euro, problem there is because of my health i dont have work atm so i just dont have that much money (otherwise i would look for a good custom Lightsaber).
If someone here knows how to repair it or make it even better like exchangeable blade (for small money) that would be really great.

Thanks from Germany

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
Re: Maybe i can get some help here with a SW205 from 2004
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 01:08:31 PM »
Hello there and Welcome to FX-Sabers

The Luke SW205  :shocked:  wow this brings back memories

This is one of the original 6 cell battery packs so First you want to check the battery pack with a volt meter
to ensure you are getting power through the battery pack.

If not then you at least know the first thing to try is to either get a replacement battery pack or find
the broken connection inside the battery pack casing.

Hopefully it will just be something in the battery pack and you'll be able to get it up and running.

However...

If it does have power going through the battery then it could be a problem in the hilt its self and at that point
you'll need to figure out how to get it open and I found a few links that may help.

Unfortunately the links are very old and the pictures no longer attached but you might be able to read through
them and gain some perspective on what you would need to do to disassemble it if needed.

Luke ESB disassembly (complete, with lots of pictures) - page 1 - Data Sheets -

Disassembly/Reassembly of Luke ESB

Now as far as is it worth it or not?

These old models are rather fragile inside and the sliding top button can be difficult to get off with out damaging it
because of the age of the plastic now as well.

No one makes a specific conversion kit for those anymore either so it would need to be a custom thing and the price
you were quoted doesn't sound far off for something like that and people have converted these over the years.
its just not something that people convert since actual graflexs are readily available now.

Of course at that point you might just want to consider a better newer saber.

Good luck and again welcome to fx-sabers
MTFBWY
always
YODA

retrousse