fiduciary

Author Topic: Plecter Labs  (Read 13321 times)

Offline The Abbot

• Master of the Jar'Kai Style
  • Master Force User
  • Lajedi.com ,Force-Fx.com Founder
    • http://www.Force-Fx.com
Re: Plecter Labs
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 05:12:42 PM »
Those vids look fantastic, Kit.   :o  Is that the Sith saber you have ordered? ***Turns green with envy***

The motion sensors appear to be a lot more accurate than the MR ones that I am used to.
Would these electronics fit in a Ultra stunt? I would love to get a stunt saber and fit these sound boards and driver.

Yep thats the one im getting,It should be here end of Feb.
This one.
LaserBlade:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/laserblade/id608879483?mt=8

The poster formerly known as Kit Fisto. Creator of the Force-FX sig style. Master of the 2 saber staff style way before Pong Krell

Offline vivan_cygna

• formerly known as Vivan Cygna
  • Master Force User
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2007, 07:50:28 PM »
Great news!
Gotta bump this topic...
Eat all the bacon!

Offline Mojo_LA

• Force User
  • "Stormtroopers are weenies"
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2007, 12:54:04 AM »
Yes Plecter Labs' saber looks like the one to beat.  I'm sure it will cost less than the Hyperdyne, has all the features (plus you can use your own sounds) AND it comes with a hilt!

Still waiting to hear when the sabers he shows off in the new videos will be available for purchase... and what the specs and prices are...

Offline The Abbot

• Master Force User
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2007, 04:06:21 AM »
Yes Plecter Labs' saber looks like the one to beat.  I'm sure it will cost less than the Hyperdyne, has all the features (plus you can use your own sounds) AND it comes with a hilt!

Still waiting to hear when the sabers he shows off in the new videos will be available for purchase... and what the specs and prices are...

Actually it would cost almost as much as a hyperdyne once you pay shipping,Over $400 plus shipping from france.( I was lucky enough to secure a trade for a bunch or MR goodeys since I don`t have $400 to spare)
But they assembel it,unlike hyperdyne for the $400.
BUT I have secured my custom Plecter Labs and im only getting the hilt no blade(so shipping will be much less.
Its being special built so I can use a ultrasabers fiber optic blade.
Also It going to be yellow/amber color ;)
I am assured I will have my saber by Celeb 4,so many of you will get to see it in person there.
I will be easy to find me,I will be the person with 50 Star Wars fans crowded around me looking and drooling at my costome saber  ;)
LaserBlade:

The poster formerly known as Kit Fisto. Creator of the Force-FX sig style. Master of the 2 saber staff style way before Pong Krell

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2007, 11:32:37 AM »
are you going to post another outstanding video of your new saber when you recieve it kit?
The Force will be with you....always.

Offline Mojo_LA

• Force User
  • "Stormtroopers are weenies"
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2007, 12:31:39 PM »
What's the difference between the Plecter blade and Ultra's?  I think they're using similar diffusion, and from the vids and pics, Plecter's is VERY evenly lit.

And yes, at $400 it's close to the $500 you'd spend for Hyperdyne parts, but remember, the Plecter comes with the hilt!  You get a complete saber and as you said, it's already built.

Offline Knuckle01

• Master Force User
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2007, 03:30:36 PM »
What's the difference between the Plecter blade and Ultra's?  I think they're using similar diffusion, and from the vids and pics, Plecter's is VERY evenly lit.

And yes, at $400 it's close to the $500 you'd spend for Hyperdyne parts, but remember, the Plecter comes with the hilt!  You get a complete saber and as you said, it's already built.

IMO...its a better deal. but whatever floats your boat.

Offline The Abbot

• Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2007, 03:31:49 AM »
are you going to post another outstanding video of your new saber when you recieve it kit?

Expect a boat load of videos when I get this baby!!
LaserBlade:

Offline darthmaddy

• formerly known as Darth Malak
  • Master Force User
  • BATMAUL
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2007, 05:34:56 AM »
I'm looking forward to seeing your saber Kit.  I hadn't been keeping up with Plecter's stuff, since I thought he couldn't sell to people in the US because of Hyperdyne.  But am glad to see someone is getting one, it looks really awesome!  I'm really wanting to compare these and Ultras custom sabers with sound.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 05:41:25 AM by DARTH MAUL »
I'm not wearing hockey pads.

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2007, 07:30:56 AM »
Hi there,
I appologize for not having noticed this topic before, so I've just posted my recent stuff here
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=2350.180

I wouldn't like to bug anyone with my stuff, I'm just glad to see that people a talking a bit of what I'm doing  :) So thank you for that !
About pricing : yep, a full saber with blade goes between 270 and 300 euros, which is a complete hilt, hand made (I appologize, I'm an electronic designer, not a professionnal machinnist so I just have a simple equipment for machining, not a CNC), and comes with the electronic module, batteries, switch, custom pommel and emitter, grip, recharge port, decoration. So, yes, I think this is quite an investment, especially compared with buying an MR. What I just would like to underline is that all this is handmade, including SMDs assembling (just the naked PCB is manufactured to get high quality boards). So, when you count all the price of the parts, and the final price of the saber, you'll see how low are the fees for crafting this  ;D
Well, no offense, that was just a simple remark. The new board itself will be 100 euros, cheaper that my previous electronic duo dimmer + soundboard. It comes with some sounds and setup already in the sd card. No so bad that price, when a simple luxeon dimmer is $40 and a simple MRFX sound board is $45.

About my blades : I think they are as bright and even as ultras'ones, while using a slightly different setup. It's using my diffusion special film plus an additionnal film inside to guide the light and make the blade even.

Last thing : Mojo_La saber will come with a force feedback motor and maybe a progressive power on LED  ::)

Check the above link to the other section of this forum to see the videos (needs divx 5.2 or later), I'll be please to have your feedback.
Cheers,
Erv'
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 07:34:35 AM by erv »

Offline darthmaddy

• formerly known as Darth Malak
  • Master Force User
  • BATMAUL
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2007, 04:38:04 PM »
I really like what you're doing Erv, keep it up! ;)
I'm not wearing hockey pads.

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2007, 06:10:09 PM »
Wow erv that's some nice stuff my friend!!Really awesome!!DaJoQuim

Offline Knuckle01

• Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2007, 08:23:45 AM »
Wow erv that's some nice stuff my friend!!Really awesome!!DaJoQuim

i second that. the motion sensors are right on!!!!

Offline Louis

• Master Force User
  • Hello from France;)
    • Here is my website, based on my comic book.
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2007, 01:16:33 PM »
Pianoman, well, to answer to your very first question, Yes, there is someone downthere who use a Plecter labs kitn me! Ha ha ha;) I've made my own lightsaber from scratch, and I used the first kit version for the electronic parts, not the new one( I'v got to get one of those Erv', you know it!!!).

Well, here is the link of the making of:

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=3140.0

Erv is a real nice person, very professional, and making some real good stuff!!!;)

My 2 cents;)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 01:18:31 PM by Louis »

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2007, 03:03:58 AM »
I have bought some small components from Erv, and he is very friendly and his service is very quick. He even refunded some of my shipping charges, as I paid too much.

I would love to get one of his new sound boards and drivers, but am a bit short on funds at the moment, so it will have to wait, but I would recommend his service to anyone.

retrousse