fiduciary

Author Topic: VV shutting off mid clash  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Tono

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
VV shutting off mid clash
« on: May 18, 2020, 11:02:38 AM »
Hey everyone could use some help and I tried googling this problem but didn't see it elsewhere.
I have a Revan saber with a CS4.5 in it and while it has been stellar for a while I have recently been having a strange problem with it.  If I am swinging it against my favorite couch pillow targets for some fun it at random will stop mid FoC and stay at the flash color for about 3 seconds, the audio shuts off, and then it turns itself off with no blade retract sound.  However it will then immediately replay boot font sound and turn back on like nothing happened if I hit the ignition switch.
This problem can happen on the first swing hit or the hundredth at random.  My primary suspicion was that I am jostling the SD card but I swing only at fluffy targets and limp wrist it when it hits so I feel that this should not be happening at all.
Does anyone have any experience or ideas?

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
Re: VV shutting off mid clash
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 11:12:12 AM »
You battery might be coming loose, hence the reboot. What I would recommend is CAREFULLY take the battery out, use a tiny screwdriver try to extend the Metal strip out about a mm or two, to make sure the battery would be very secure. That should take care of it.

If not, then your battery might not be able to handle the FoC load required. In that case, I’d try replacing the battery,

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

Offline Tono

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 09:56:14 AM »
I tried bending the rear contact plate near the SD out with a screw driver and replaced a new battery.  Seemed to be fine for a while, hence just now posting, but the problem has resurfaced.  If the battery contact is all this is I can live with that but would it be better to have it "fixed"?  Is there anyway to somehow make the contact plate hold its new bent shape or should I just rebend it out whenever I replace the batter?

Offline Greenie

• Force User
  • Pew pew!!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 01:23:18 PM »
If it's just the battery popping out, could you maybe 'strap' the battery in the holder with a little Velcro strip or even a piece of tape?

Offline Tono

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 02:30:08 PM »
So I have fiddled much with the contact plate and this error is still occurring.  If it matters to anyone, there is also on occasion it restarting and constantly playing clash effect without stopping but this is solved by restarting the saber via battery or SD card removal and re application.
I will keep testing to hopefully find the answer here!

retrousse