fiduciary

Author Topic: New Darth Maul Double Bladed Force FX Review  (Read 49266 times)

Offline GioFX

• Master Force User
  • so say we all ...
Re: New Darth Maul Double Bladed Force FX Review
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2006, 04:25:58 AM »

YEAH..LOL
That`s QuiGon siginature writing style,just when it get good,its over ???

lol he review it's like a end-season rampage, did you think we have to wait six months?  ;D

Offline Bigdog01

• Jedi Master/VIP
  • Master Force User
    • FX-Sabers.com
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2006, 05:45:05 AM »

YEAH..LOL

lol he review it's like a end-season rampage, did you think we have to wait six months? ;D

Nope, no six month wait here. I am working on part 2 now. Soon, very soon....

Master Replicas Collection
2004 Luke ESB Force FX (2x)
2005 Vader ESB Force FX (3x)
2005 Anakin ROTS Force FX (x3)
2005 Luke ROTJ Force FX  (2x)
2005 Mace ROTS Force FX
2006 Darth Maul FX (x2)
(= ;=__((===============

Offline Bigdog01

• Jedi Master/VIP
  • Master Force User
    • FX-Sabers.com
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2006, 05:47:20 AM »
Im sorry but I have to disagree with u qui-gon with 1 thing.

u said that
"My first impression was, "Wow, this thing is light!" So, I proceeded to do a few "spins" and "twirls" to see how it handled. I was VERY impressed! The hilt is narrower than previous models, and therefore alot easier to handle. I was able to spin the saber with the fingers rather easily."

In my opinion, this saber is not weight balanced, thus it is not easy/comfortable to 'spin' it.
Sure I love this, but this is the only point i hate :-\

True, I can see you point. However, you have to remember that at that point in time, I had no batteries in it, so it was rather light. Also, compared to some of the previous models, it really isn't bad. I had no problems dueling with it.

Oops, guess I shouldn't have said that...  ;D

2005 Mace ROTS Force FX
2006 Darth Maul FX (x2)
(= ;=__((===============

Offline Bigdog01

• Jedi Master/VIP
  • Master Force User
    • FX-Sabers.com
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2006, 05:49:01 AM »
xxx.... a really nice review... reading... reading ... and "Stay tuned, Part 2 coming shortly!" AAAARGH!!!  ;D

anyway, cause of my poor english, I dont understand a thing: the coupler must be disassembled ONLY if you want an aligned sabre right? if you want a random position or opposite position (to me is easy to ignite both at the same time with opposite sides, just think how you handle the hilt with two hands...) you dont have to use the allen wrench, I'm right?

Yes, by loosening the coupler, you can adjust the hilt to be aligned however you want. If you want the buttons on opposite sides, then yes, you can do that.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

2005 Mace ROTS Force FX
2006 Darth Maul FX (x2)
(= ;=__((===============

Offline Bigdog01

• Jedi Master/VIP
  • Master Force User
    • FX-Sabers.com
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2006, 05:57:34 AM »
xxx.... a really nice review... reading... reading ... and "Stay tuned, Part 2 coming shortly!" AAAARGH!!! "

YEAH..LOL

Man This is a year ago with the Mace ATOC all over again,d@m you Bigdogg,(Ops I mean Quigon) ;)
There are NO pictures of a FULL LIT UP MAUL and you have um...@##*****(**4@@3

*Side Note*
I can`t wait to see all the blooper videos that come in with people atempting swing around a full Maul in the house..
It`s about to be a feild day for web junk on vh1

--------------------------------------
Oh I ? Master QuiGon
Can you attach half of a coupler to a Single Maul to make a slightly longer hilt?

Yes, you can attach the coupler to one end and have a slightly longer hilt. I will actually be showing this in part 2 of the review.

Along with the full lit saber... ;D

Ok, here are a few more teaser pics...   ;)

2005 Mace ROTS Force FX
2006 Darth Maul FX (x2)
(= ;=__((===============

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2006, 06:12:31 AM »
Well, they said that MR Steve was hitting the Obi-wan against the floor pretty hard and impressed the Japanese buyers that were there, so I guess it's up to you to let us know how "duel worthy" this one is compaired to the others!  :D ;D

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline Bigdog01

• Jedi Master/VIP
  • Master Force User
    • FX-Sabers.com
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2006, 06:25:13 AM »
Well, they said that MR Steve was hitting the Obi-wan against the floor pretty hard and impressed the Japanese buyers that were there, so I guess it's up to you to let us know how "duel worthy" this one is compaired to the others!  :D ;D

Well, I can say that there is a difference with the Maul, but you will have to wait for the review to hear more. ;p

2005 Mace ROTS Force FX
2006 Darth Maul FX (x2)
(= ;=__((===============

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2006, 06:36:16 AM »

Well, I can say that there is a difference with the Maul, but you will have to wait for the review to hear more. ;p

Oh, you tease you... :P

10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline GioFX

• Master Force User
  • so say we all ...
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2006, 07:03:26 AM »

Yes, by loosening the coupler, you can adjust the hilt to be aligned however you want. If you want the buttons on opposite sides, then yes, you can do that.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

thanks to you! it's the first decent review I read...

hey!!! IT'S ORANGE !!! lol
in short you do a tuning on the coupler ONCE and thats all?
Maybe just remember what side of the coupler goes on what sabre, if I understand well.
And ... what about the sounds with the coupler? It stop a lot  the sound or it's really loud?
ok ok a lot of question ... :)

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
  • They used to call me Sifo-Dyas
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2006, 10:54:48 AM »
Dude I am sorry but I think the Vader is better than the Maul. 
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2006, 11:35:22 AM »
Dude I am sorry but I think the Vader is better than the Maul. 

Unless the Maul is more duel worthy...

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2006, 11:40:47 AM »
Well I am going by the a Video that oh I forget his name, well the sad part was its a Maul saber nice red and everything, but WITH VADER SOUNDS INLCUDING THE SWING MOTION, oh man I felt like I was watching a Vader ESB video.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2006, 11:49:12 AM »
I know man, I saw it too, and if he hadn't said it was a Maul, I would have sworn it was a Vader too.

In fact, he also posted a video with a Vader ESB, and other than the hilt, I couldn't tell any difference.  :-\

But if the Maul is more duel worthy, it may still be worth getting though. But unless I change my mind, I won't be buying anymore sabers until the Obi-wan comes out. So until then, as far as I am concerned, my collection is complete. I am saving right now for a Hyperdyne conversion when he starts offering them. That will be the only other money that I put towards an FX...til either the Obi-wan, or unless I change my mind about the Maul.

-Kyp

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2006, 12:03:18 PM »
Yeah I agree with you I think for what you get in the Maul, getting just one is enough, the price for the double saber is overpriced in my opionion, I think people like the saber cause "OOOOOO its Darth Maul double blade saber, OOOOOO same sounds but I dont care I buy saber, me I dont throw my money away just like that, like I said before this is the first saber of the Fx collection that has not generated any excitement in me, just very disappointing

Offline Dark Skywalker

• formerly known as Dark Skywalker
  • Master Force User
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2006, 12:12:39 PM »
again with that opinion huh Sifo? ;) I'm only joking

Nothing Is Impossible

retrousse