fiduciary

Author Topic: A Padawan's Guide and Glossary / Dictionary to a New Lightsaber  (Read 51914 times)

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
Re: A Padawan's Guide and Glossary / Dictionary to a New Lightsaber
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 08:14:09 AM »
You might want to add Igniter [tm] to the soundboards. It was only in development when the original list was made but has now been released.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2011, 10:11:36 AM »
I could picture this thread like something left in a Jedi Master's holocron. AWESOME!!

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world!

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Offline Fallen_Jedi_EDiT

• Force User
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 02:11:07 AM »
Read this whole post thanks Sanjuro for the deep dictionary of insight might i add another type of chargeable battery method? Li-Poly Lithium Polymer. It's what runs all my Electric RC cars, and mini RC planes i could see how the mini Li-poly stick packs could be made to fit into saber hilts.

Offline Strype

• No Force
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2012, 03:00:06 PM »
Helpful thread, thank you.

Offline The Jedi Man

• No Force
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 09:54:25 PM »
Wow. So much information on lightsabers. Guess I have to get familiar with all these terms while my lightsaber design is being pictured in my head and drawn on paper.

Offline alwaysfixin

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2013, 01:24:40 PM »
Well,I must thank you, San Juro, the concise info is just what I was looking for.  I built a component blade light sabre for my son before fx sabres even existed, and now I'm thinking about making one again for my youngest son.  Naturally I want to make it as cool as possible and need to brush up on the new technology.  I guess now that I'm armed with the great info you gave us so far I need to get some more detail now on the component blade designs that are in use.  Can anyone throw me in that direction by any chance?  I have some ideas, but I don't really want to spend all the time and effort designing and prototyping if someone already has it figured out.  Thanks

Offline Sanjuro

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Sanjuro Systems
    • Sanjuro Systems
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2013, 03:49:08 PM »
Well,I must thank you, San Juro, the concise info is just what I was looking for.  I built a component blade light sabre for my son before fx sabres even existed, and now I'm thinking about making one again for my youngest son.  Naturally I want to make it as cool as possible and need to brush up on the new technology.  I guess now that I'm armed with the great info you gave us so far I need to get some more detail now on the component blade designs that are in use.  Can anyone throw me in that direction by any chance?  I have some ideas, but I don't really want to spend all the time and effort designing and prototyping if someone already has it figured out.  Thanks

alwaysfixin,

Welcome to the forums!

As technology is always advancing, I really do need to update this thread more often.

You will find the community here to be very friendly, and helpful.  Just any any questions you want.

You may want to ask your question in this thread.
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?board=34.0

There are many experts here that will help you out - especially among the Guild and Mining Colony members.

Welcome again!

Respectfully,
Sanjuro
SANJURO SYSTEMS - Custom Lightsaber Stands, Custom Chassis Disks for Lightsaber builds, and other related items.

My Business - Home

Japan Lightsaber Dueling Guild, Founding Member

Offline oXdanXo

• No Force
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2013, 03:14:12 AM »
I'm not sure where to ask, I thought about asking in the GUILD section for one of my questions.

1. Has anyone ever made videos of them making a specific Saber (I would be trying to replicate Qui Gon's) with all of the details? Over the past year I've seen a few drawings and a few threads on here and other forums about a sabersmith making a run of them, but I've never seen anyone detail a saber step by step. (I''m thinking it will be a disaster when I have a go, but it will be fun so I may as well).

2. In the GUILD section, all of the reccomended sellers are based in the USA, are there any sabersmiths in the UK that take on projects? (I'd be looking at getting a Qui Gon and an Obi Wan that I haven't screwed up by making.)

3. Does Larbel still make sabers?

Dan

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2013, 12:12:56 PM »
I'm not sure where to ask, I thought about asking in the GUILD section for one of my questions.

1. Has anyone ever made videos of them making a specific Saber (I would be trying to replicate Qui Gon's) with all of the details? Over the past year I've seen a few drawings and a few threads on here and other forums about a sabersmith making a run of them, but I've never seen anyone detail a saber step by step. (I''m thinking it will be a disaster when I have a go, but it will be fun so I may as well).

2. In the GUILD section, all of the reccomended sellers are based in the USA, are there any sabersmiths in the UK that take on projects? (I'd be looking at getting a Qui Gon and an Obi Wan that I haven't screwed up by making.)

3. Does Larbel still make sabers?

Dan

Larbel does not still make sabers.  JQ sabers (a Guild member) is based in the UK.  A detailed install video does not exist.

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2013, 12:51:52 AM »
Larbel does not still make sabers.  JQ sabers (a Guild member) is based in the UK.  A detailed install video does not exist.

Not entirely true... There is an install vid (I think its just for a stunt, very basic, no sound) of the JQ Senate on You-Tube. The vid was filmed at a low framerate, so it runs a little quick, but it covers the full install from beginning to end, from building the chassis and battery pack, to soldering and wiring, and finally post-build activation. It helped me out tremendously with the basics. If I get around to it, I'll update this post with the link, but if you lack the patience just put "JQ Senate" into the search box and it should be near the top of the list.

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
RomanProps Inception Elite
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
Korbanth Graflex v2.0 (Finn-flex)
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
Pachstore Shadowblade (SWR Darksaber)
VyleOne TCW Asajj Ventress (3-D printed, 1:1)
VyleOne TCW Pre-Viszla Darksaber (3-D printed, 1:1)
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2013, 10:44:49 PM »

Not entirely true... There is an install vid (I think its just for a stunt, very basic, no sound) of the JQ Senate on You-Tube. The vid was filmed at a low framerate, so it runs a little quick, but it covers the full install from beginning to end, from building the chassis and battery pack, to soldering and wiring, and finally post-build activation. It helped me out tremendously with the basics. If I get around to it, I'll update this post with the link, but if you lack the patience just put "JQ Senate" into the search box and it should be near the top of the list.

He was asking about Qui-Gon sabers (of course the JQ Senate saber is their early Sidious), but if you would like to pick nits there are also complete assembly videos of how to build an MHS saber and of Madcow's stunt line as well ;)  I was referring to Qui-Gon sabers when I answered, silly me. :o

Offline Mortoff

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2013, 05:06:30 PM »

I want to thank both Sanjuro and Ultra for the excellent information.  I'm brand new to the forum, but have been contemplating commissioning a lightsaber for quite some time.  This information and the revisions are tremendously helpful, especially since technology changes so rapidly.

At this point, I have a relatively good idea of how I want my saber built.  I have sketches and relatively clear ideas (exposed raw crystal chamber, recessed blinking activation lights, lighted activation switch, kill key, etc.).  My main concern is cost.  I've budgeted a decent sum for this project, so my next step is to potentially contact some custom builders.

The work I've seen thus far, along with the praise is pointing me toward Vader's Vault, but any suggestions that anyone might have for me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline Sanjuro

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Sanjuro Systems
    • Sanjuro Systems
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2013, 05:49:32 PM »

I want to thank both Sanjuro and Ultra for the excellent information.  I'm brand new to the forum, but have been contemplating commissioning a lightsaber for quite some time.  This information and the revisions are tremendously helpful, especially since technology changes so rapidly.

At this point, I have a relatively good idea of how I want my saber built.  I have sketches and relatively clear ideas (exposed raw crystal chamber, recessed blinking activation lights, lighted activation switch, kill key, etc.).  My main concern is cost.  I've budgeted a decent sum for this project, so my next step is to potentially contact some custom builders.

The work I've seen thus far, along with the praise is pointing me toward Vader's Vault, but any suggestions that anyone might have for me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello and welcome to the FX Forums.

I would highly recommend you stick with any of the Guild Members, or Mining Colony members for your build.  You will not go wrong, and you will be sure to get a quality build that is warrantied.

Respectfully,
Sanjuro
SANJURO SYSTEMS - Custom Lightsaber Stands, Custom Chassis Disks for Lightsaber builds, and other related items.

My Business - Home

Japan Lightsaber Dueling Guild, Founding Member

Offline Mortoff

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2013, 04:44:28 PM »
Thanks for the welcome and the advice.

Offline man-o-war71

• No Force
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2013, 10:30:29 PM »
you know, it's people like you that inspire people like me to want to build there own lightsaber. about 2 1/2 years ago, I was injured and had to stop working because of it. I was limited to doing thing, especially doing the most important thing in my ife, "FLYFISHING. it was my passion, to me it was a way of live and I couldn't even do it anymore. I fell into a very big depression for a long time. one day I was at my doctors office, I was waiting to be called in. I picked up a magazine and saw an article on star wars lightsabers. now I was always a star wars fan, but what I saw in this magazine, I was amazed!!! I never saw anything like this in my life. it was a custom built lightsaber. it was an award winning saber, I don't remember who it was that built it, but after that day I said, i'm gonna due this to past the time. righ off the bat I knew I wasn't gonna be any good at it, but I was definetly willing to give it a try!! I am classified as A.D.D. ( attention deficate disorder). It's very hard for me to focus, I was a d average in high school. I knew this was gonna be a challenge for me, but I said "what the xxx" I did a little research on standard saber building but when I saw a clip on utube, vaders vault sabers, I knew I wanted to make an advanced saber with all the leds and everything else, so I made a few purchases to tcss and jq sabers. ni bought a hilt, but there was something I just could not get my hands on and that was PLECTOR LABS CFV4 soundcard. I could have used the petit cruton, but I had heart set on the cf. to make a long story short, they never had them. I tried to buy privately but never had no success. so now I got reinterested and im working and determined to getting one erv sells out again, everybody wish me luck

retrousse